Law of Christ

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Galatians 6:2 KJV - "Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ."

Virtually all translations refer to this Law of Christ. Does anyone have any idea of what this Law or set of Laws might be?

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Galatians 6:2 KJV - "Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ."

Virtually all translations refer to this Law of Christ. Does anyone have any idea of what this Law or set of Laws might be?
Hi 2ndTim,
My guess would be the two commands He gave...Love God, Love others?

Reactions: amadeus

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi 2ndTim,
Correct. The Law of Christ is the Law of Love, or the Royal Law, or the Law of Liberty (all Ten Commandments distilled into those two commandments, and then distilled into one commandment). Therefore Paul says that "love (agape) is the fulfilling of the Law".

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Correct. The Law of Christ is the Law of Love, or the Royal Law, or the Law of Liberty (all Ten Commandments distilled into those two commandments, and then distilled into one commandment). Therefore Paul says that "love (agape) is the fulfilling of the Law".
Except in reality you reduce it to nine, then pretend tradition expresses love as opposed to obedience. Sorry if that sounds blunt, I say that with love, not in an attempt to condemn or troll. It simply is what it is.

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi 2ndTim,

My friend, about five minutes after I posted this thread, I came to that same conclusion. After all, I had just read the below verse prior to chapter 6 . . .

Gal 05:14 tells us: NLT - "For the whole law can be summed up in this one command: "Love your neighbor as yourself."

Thank you! :)

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Outstanding. Thank you!

Regarding the Law of Liberty. Check out this version:

James 2:12 NKJV - "So speak and so do as those who will be judged by the law of liberty."

Would you say that this is a reference to Jesus, or perhaps the Laws of the Spirit of Life? (Romans 8:2)

Thanks again, Enoch!