More Christian tattoo artists a positive development?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is is a positive development for more Christians to train and work as tattoo artists?

• Yes; positive for more Christians - preferably men - to train and work and tattoo artists

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes. I chose no because I don't like the idea of needles and what they can spread. No one should be poked with needles if they don't have to be, needles hurt. But the designs itself are pretty sometimes. I just would not encourage people to do that Christian or not. I also don't like the sight of people with a hundred tattoos covering thier body, that's totally unnecessary,, one or two is ok but having more then that does not look too good at least not in my eyes.. people can do what they want though, I just wouldn't..besides I couldn't imagine having an ex boyfriend initial on my bums arm or back knowing each time I look at it reminding me each time we are not together anymore..that's a tragic mess in its entirety...lol
@Jennifer Thanks for your poll vote. Clearly you've thought about your answer carefully...

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Jennifer PS: Even, say, for Christian women who don't like tattoos at all, imagine the situation of a Christian lady with the name of a non-Christian ex-bf tattooed; the services of a tattoo artist to have the name, e.g., "Bill", changed into something more suitable now, e.g, "Bible", which a good artist should be able to transform, presumably commends itself...

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Why though? Do you want to be one?

@Jennifer Not necessarily myself; but faith based ink has brought a lot of opportunities; FYI:

QueenCat said:
Around here (Bible Belt), it is common, especially among evangelical Christians, for the girls under about 40 to have religious tattoos. More do than don't, especially when you get to the under 30 crowd. I hardly know any female at church that is under 30 that does not have a tattoo.
forums dot thewelltrainedmind dot com

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
The judges on Ink Master: Grudge Match are Ryan Ashley that you like (gray body tats, long gray hair), DJ and Clean Rock One.
Thanks, @CharismaticLady . So I'll maybe look on Youtube for the interim show Grudge Match.

Yes, I do think that the grey ink and hair combination can seem quietly distinguished and elegant. (It might not be your favorite, but it does exude a certain veteran poise and a sense of aesthetic command.)

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks, @CharismaticLady . So I'll maybe look on Youtube for the interim show Grudge Match.

Yes, I do think that the grey ink and hair combination can seem quietly distinguished and elegant. (It might not be your favorite, but it does exude a certain veteran poise and a sense of aesthetic command.)

I love Ryan Ashley's look, but she does have some tats that don't go with the rest. They are too dark.

If you like the pain of getting tattooed, you may like a non-ink show called Kings of Pain. These two guys catch and allow themselves to be stung or bitten by the most painful stings and bites on the planet for science.

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I just wouldn't..besides I couldn't imagine having an ex boyfriend initial...
@Jennifer I guess then in your experience you yourself have chosen not to do this...(assuming of course that you have even had any bff). But on this aspect, it's also the permanence of ink that for some ppl makes for the attractiveness of the idea of a faith based tattoo (if you see the connection with your point?)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I love Ryan Ashley's look, but she does have some tats that don't go with the rest. They are too dark.

If you like the pain of getting tattooed, you may like a non-ink show called Kings of Pain. These two guys catch and allow themselves to be stung or bitten by the most painful stings and bites on the planet for science.
@CharismaticLady Yes, there does seem something truly distinguished which sets apart her grey look and deportment (almost reminds me of a duchess or princess, really).

Thanks for the suggestion.

Some tattoo artists think the pain aspect is all part of overall experience, and are thus sometimes a little reluctant to administer a numbing agent. (But it's ultimately up to the tattooee.)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Tattoos are more about rebellion and judgementalism, while Christ is about love from the heart despite everything.
@FollowHim I do indeed agree about the love of Christ.

While for some there might be rebellion with ink, yet these days for example if an 18 year old's mom and dad both have ink, it's hard to see that the parlor trip at 18 is supposedly about rebelling against one's parents.

(It's actually hugely widespread now, FYI:

QueenCat said:
Around here (Bible Belt), it is common, especially among evangelical Christians, for the girls under about 40 to have religious tattoos. More do than don't, especially when you get to the under 30 crowd. I hardly know any female at church that is under 30 that does not have a tattoo.
forums dot thewelltrainedmind dot com )

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I agree that tattoos are a lot more mainstream.

@Prayer Warrior Yes, it's become a sort of rite of passage for both genders now at 18 onwards. (The days when only men had them done are long gone.) Many decades ago it might have been assumed by some ppl that 'nice girls don't get tattoos'; however, it's now exactly what many earnest Christian young women, students, homeschooling mothers with a desire to testify are likely to receive in faith based designs. Like you say, it's mainstream.