Mystery Babylon the Mother of Harlots

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eric E Stahl

May 28, 2013
Pa. USA
[SIZE=14pt]Mystery Babylon the Mother of Harlots[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]After the appearing of Jesus in the air and the catching up of the church there will be great fear in the formerly Christian nations. All the churches will be full of scared people. This will give great power to the remaining church leaders. Mystery Babylon will be an ecumenical apostate Christian church that has the political power to tell the kings of the western powers what to do. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]2 Thessalonians 6-12 tells us that God will cause all the people who have heard the truth of the gospel of Jesus and rejected Jesus to believe the lie of the antichrist. The antichrist will come to power in the 11th horn or colony of Europe that is strong enough to take control of NATO. I believe America will be the kingdom of antichrist because of God's judgment.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Where ever the western powers devour the earth the apostate church will be put over the people.[/SIZE]

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
Eric E Stahl said:

[SIZE=14pt]After the appearing of Jesus in the air and the catching up of the church there will be great fear in the formerly Christian nations. All the churches will be full of scared people. This will give great power to the remaining church leaders. Mystery Babylon will be an ecumenical apostate Christian church that has the political power to tell the kings of the western powers what to do. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]2 Thessalonians 6-12 tells us that God will cause all the people who have heard the truth of the gospel of Jesus and rejected Jesus to believe the lie of the antichrist. The antichrist will come to power in the 11th horn or colony of Europe that is strong enough to take control of NATO. I believe America will be the kingdom of antichrist because of God's judgment.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Where ever the western powers devour the earth the apostate church will be put over the people.[/SIZE]
Eric,

Eric,

Your understanding is off the mark because of what has been taught by false teachers for decades. It really grew when Israel became a nation in 1948. From an early age I was taught that Jesus would come in my generation. There was even a book out about "88 reasons Jesus would return in 1988". It was because they were so wrong that when my son asked be about it, I started studying prophesy in order to answer his questions. With that said, here is response to your statement.

The only harlot that God was ever concerned with was Jerusalem. She was the one that went a whoreing after other gods.

The antichrist is not a single person, it is anyone who does not believe that Jesus is the Christ.

Jesus came to his own (Jews) and they would not receive him as their Messiah. Judgement came upon them, not the church as a whole, just the ones that turned back to Judism.

This church age will never end.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Eric E Stahl said:

What a sick joke!

John S

Jun 4, 2013
Pennsylvania
Andyy - When the antichrist arrives, you won't believe it to be him because you are still here.
"It's NOT him because we were PROMISED to be taken away when he got here". THAT is the deception that will fool many.

I see that you are another Pennsylvanian. Hello Neighbor. I live in Lehigh County.

BLACK SHEEP

May 24, 2013
Eric said,

Mystery Babylon will be an ecumenical apostate Christian church.
That's what the fundamentalist Baptist would like you to believe. They seem to think they're the "saved ones" and everyone one else is 'apostate.'
I suppose asking for scripture references to support such a claim is fruitless since there are no scriptures that support "Mystery Babylon" as being "the apostate church."

But that's what the fundamentalist Baptist would like you to believe. After all it makes them feel good about themselves. They question everybody's salvation except their own.

Jesus and the apostles taught ecumenism. It's the churches who divide themselves. And that's the way the devil wants it!
There's no doubt in my mind that Babylon the Great is the oppressive false religion of Islam.

So Eric,
So how's the fundamentalist Baptist forum going? Are there any "papist" left?

Eric E Stahl

May 28, 2013
Pa. USA
Hi Black Sheep,

It is going well for those able to learn. It is going well here too! We are all one family. I even know some catholics that are saved.

The apostate church will be what is left after the rapture of the true believes.

veteran said:
What a sick joke!
I would be interested in your understandin of these verses.

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
I'm a Baptist yet I believe that even some from the Romanist church are saved. While the hyper-antidenominationalists here would lead you to believe that all denominations are evil, it is just a shorthand term for encompassing a Statement of Faith shared by the members, and that's all.

While I do not walk in lockstep with Reform Baptists they are the closest to what I reason from Scripture as The Truth from Scripture. Others are free to do the same, even *gasp* Catholics.

You may pass judgement on my Baptistness, no one but God alone may pass judgement on my salvation. He reserves that right jealously.

Eric E Stahl

May 28, 2013
Pa. USA
Rocky Wiley said:
Eric,

Eric,

Your understanding is off the mark because of what has been taught by false teachers for decades. It really grew when Israel became a nation in 1948. From an early age I was taught that Jesus would come in my generation. There was even a book out about "88 reasons Jesus would return in 1988". It was because they were so wrong that when my son asked be about it, I started studying prophesy in order to answer his questions. With that said, here is response to your statement.

The only harlot that God was ever concerned with was Jerusalem. She was the one that went a whoreing after other gods.

The antichrist is not a single person, it is anyone who does not believe that Jesus is the Christ.

Jesus came to his own (Jews) and they would not receive him as their Messiah. Judgement came upon them, not the church as a whole, just the ones that turned back to Judism.

This church age will never end.
Rocky,

Now God calls his people by another name. Christian

As the Jews were harlots because they had the truth but turned to false gods, the Christian church will turn to a false god during the tribulation after the rapture and become Mystery Babylon.

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
Eric E Stahl said:
Rocky,

Now God calls his people by another name. Christian

As the Jews were harlots because they had the truth but turned to false gods, the Christian church will turn to a false god during the tribulation after the rapture and become Mystery Babylon.
Eric,

They rejected truth, they did not have it. They knew that Messiah would come, but were so wrapped up in their own beliefs, they would not accept that Messiah was Jesus. They were convinced he lied.

Christians, the majority, reject the truth today. They do not believe Jesus when he said he would return in the disciples generation. They are convinced he lied to them, and by association, to us.

Brothertom

All for Jesus no matter the cost.
May 1, 2012
Bottom of Illinois
1 Peter 5:13
"She who is in Babylon, elect together with you, greets you; and so does Mark my son."

In this instance we see that Babylon was known as a geographical entity; Rome...which became the seat of Satan after Babylon, the Medes, & Greece fell. Babylon itself is, & always has been a Satanic & organized worship system, & you could call it a spirit. There were 1,300 satanic temples in Rome at the time of Paul & the early church. Rome became the seat of Satan.

There were over 100 "demon days" in ancient Babylon; all celebrated on a particular day of the year...with some having week long feasts & orgies attached....& these exact same "holy days", were celebrated by the Roman Universal Church....[ Catholic, the Latin rendition of everyone, everywhere...].

MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT,
THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS
AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS
OF THE EARTH.​
[SIZE=.75em]" [/SIZE]I saw the woman, drunk with the blood of the saints and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus. And when I saw her, I marveled with great amazement."
Sorcery is accomplished at the Vatican.
"For your merchants were the great men of the earth, for by your sorcery all the nations were deceived. [SIZE=.75em] [/SIZE]And in her...[ Babylon, the Roman Catholic church...] was found the blood of prophets and saints, and of all who were slain on the earth.”....all the way back to before Egypt...Babylon, formerly Babel, has been at war with God's people....& will to the last day...until the Beast, Islam, slays her...& Babylonian America with her....& every vestige world-wide of her.

iamlamad

Jun 9, 2013
Can we just believe what John wrote about Mystery Babylon instead of putting our own spin on it? What did John write?

Rev. 17
18 And the woman whom you saw is that great city which reigns over the kings of the earth.”

Does John tell us what he means by 'great city?"

Revelation 11:8
And their dead bodies will lie in the street of the great city which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

You see, after the abomination, the Antichrist and false prophet will take up residence in Jerusalem, right where a prophet of Israel should be. He as come "in the place of" the TRUE Messiah, our Lord Jesus. The man of sin has come to DECEIVE.

So during his reign of deceit, the greatest deception of all time will be disseminated from the city of Jerusalem, to deceive the entire world. Jerusalem then, becomes "Mystery Babylon,"

Lamad

Trumpeter

Mar 6, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Here is a mystery, filled with power and contemptible ways: She, the harlot and mother, would have My people believe she is I, even I, your Savior. And to My disgust and bitter sadness, has called herself by the name of My Father and appointed herself in His stead. Oh what sadness and gnashing of teeth are coming, for deception is hidden in deception. Her sins are piled to Heaven... She is truly the woman, who rides the beast, clothed in scarlet. She would deceive My people into believing she is Me; and those against her, that she is the beast... All are deceived. For her power and authority come from the beast, which atop she sits. She has many names, all are of abomination. She is the mother, who bears children which are seven more times children of the devil than she. She is the harlot, whose adulteries are many, and whose final adultery shall be with him who is named the man of perdition. She is also like the beast, and sits on many waters and has devoured many. She is also liken to the false prophet, who spews false doctrine and misplaced worship. She shall be left desolate... But first I shall take My people out of her, snatch them from her very breast, for she is also liken to Babylon...

Woe, woe, I say to her, turn from your ways and be gathered...

For these religions, who worship false gods and idols made by hands, shall have it far better, in the Day to come, than you... For they shall seek forgiveness and receive it. Woe to you, who blaspheme the Spirit... Forgiveness has fled from you, and your place is prepared in the lake of fire...

My heart have you pierced, with a hot and burning rod...
My sadness fills the universe, yet you will not turn...
And so My Father has declared your end, for the elect’s sake...
For even The Father in Heaven has sent many to you, to save you from yourself...
All have you slain and cast out...
Great weeping and gnashing of teeth...
Woe to the church, called mother, who uses The Father’s name...
This church, called Roman and Catholic, you have become dead man’s bones...
You are already dead and dust.
Let My people go, and I may have mercy upon you...
So says The Lord God, Creator of Heaven and Earth.
The cup of His indignation is full...
I must pour it out on the nations, so again, life, and paradise lost, may be restored.
Amen...
The Last Day has come.
Excerpt from:
My Dearly Beloved Calling On My Name, You Must Forsake Your Mother and Those Called Father Before I Can Gather You

Eric E Stahl

May 28, 2013
Pa. USA
iamlamad said:
Can we just believe what John wrote about Mystery Babylon instead of putting our own spin on it? What did John write?

Rev. 17
18 And the woman whom you saw is that great city which reigns over the kings of the earth.”

Does John tell us what he means by 'great city?"

Revelation 11:8
And their dead bodies will lie in the street of the great city which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

You see, after the abomination, the Antichrist and false prophet will take up residence in Jerusalem, right where a prophet of Israel should be. He as come "in the place of" the TRUE Messiah, our Lord Jesus. The man of sin has come to DECEIVE.

So during his reign of deceit, the greatest deception of all time will be disseminated from the city of Jerusalem, to deceive the entire world. Jerusalem then, becomes "Mystery Babylon,"

Lamad
The city of mystery Babylon's control center will be destroyed by the ten kings who have devoured the whole earth because God will put it in their heart at the middle of the tribulation. Revelation 17:16-18

The antichrist will take control of Jerusalem for the last 42 months of the tribulation. Revelation 11:1-2

Pelaides

Jul 30, 2012
The prophet john gives us a clue,who babylon is.Revelation17:9 "And here is the mind which hath wisdom,the seven heads are seven mountains,on which the woman sitteth." Italy,jerusalem,and babylon under nebuchanezzar were all Known as countries with seven hills.

So you can narrow it down to these 3 countries.

I say it was Rome,because they were responsible for the deaths of many of the early christians.including Jesus.

iamlamad

Jun 9, 2013
Pelaides said:
The prophet john gives us a clue,who babylon is.Revelation17:9 "And here is the mind which hath wisdom,the seven heads are seven mountains,on which the woman sitteth." Italy,jerusalem,and babylon under nebuchanezzar were all Known as countries with seven hills.

So you can narrow it down to these 3 countries.

I say it was Rome,because they were responsible for the deaths of many of the early christians.including Jesus.
Why guess when John tells us?

Lamad

Pelaides

Jul 30, 2012
iamlamad said:
Why guess when John tells us?

Lamad
Yes.but no one knows for sure.while you say jerusalem,i say it was rome.many people on this forum think differently.

Eric E Stahl

May 28, 2013
Pa. USA
Pelaides said:
Yes.but no one knows for sure.while you say jerusalem,i say it was rome.many people on this forum think differently.
Babylon is the name of the antichrist home kingdom called the 11th horn. It will be destroyed for good at the time of the 7th vial when the greatest earthquake causes the mountains to fall into vallies and every island to sink in the sea. Revelation 16:19-20. But first the kingdom of antichrist is judged with darkness.

Revelation 16:10-11
10 And the fifth angel poured out his vial upon the seat of the beast; and his kingdom was full of darkness; and they gnawed their tongues for pain,
11And blasphemed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, and repented not of their deeds.

So find the darkness and you will know where Babylon is located.

John S

Jun 4, 2013
Pennsylvania
If Jerusalem is Babylon - and it is completely destroyed - then it cannot be the capital of the Millenial world ,when there actually will be a one world government.