Open Invitation.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I wonder if it is possible for me to have a debate with any one single person who is willing to debate on the subject of healing. Where me and the other one person can share our thoughts on Gods will to heal ALL today. I dont really like the seeing important discussions getting destroyed with far to many people throwing in all there opinions. To many threads are ruined and never come to a conclusion. They simply become very messy and hard to follow.
So is it possible someone will step up to the plate to discuss Gods will will to heal ALL today.
It is my firm believe through scripture that God wants all healed today. And God paid for all to be healed this side of Heaven. I know there are many many people who dont believe what I believe.. So is it possible for a one to one talk on this extremly important topic?
Maybe this would need staff aproval. I see it in other Christian sites. What it does is allow each person to stete what they believe and in conclusion people can read it but not participate in it.
They then can draw there own conclusions. as to what the believe is correct.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no debate...God is indeed willing:

2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
There is no debate...God is indeed willing:

2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.
You ever see one post let alone a thread go undebated in here or any where else. Oh I know there is nothing to debate full well. and no one will tell me healing is not for today. But theres a whole world of church denominations out there that beg to differ.
And we aint talking about salvation as in going to heaven we are talking about salvation that includes healing for today.

dorian37grey

May 6, 2014
CALIFORNIA; ANTIOCH
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
sword ;
i agree with your concept
but the topic "healing" isnt my strong point
should you have another topic ( after this one)
i would like to be considered :)

Reactions: Sword

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Well its part of salvation and just as important to God today as it was ever. Jesus paid for it in full for everyone but the majority dont think so. So I want to share and prove from scripture that its true. This is the only one that moves me like it does. Or maybe who we are in Christ/ Or how to live like a son. But healing is a big deal and so many teach wrongly on healing.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You ever see one post let alone a thread go undebated in here or any where else. Oh I know there is nothing to debate full well. and no one will tell me healing is not for today. But theres a whole world of church denominations out there that beg to differ.
And we aint talking about salvation as in going to heaven we are talking about salvation that includes healing for today.
Yeah, physical healing is certainly debatable. So are all the gifts of the spirit. Shouldn't be any question, but there is.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
But healing is exploding world wide and is going to take off at a fantastic rate very soon.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So is it possible someone will step up to the plate to discuss Gods will will to heal ALL today.
It is my firm believe through scripture that God wants all healed today. And God paid for all to be healed this side of Heaven.

More than likely, I will probably mess up the thread. Oh well. I shall try not to.

I do not believe God will heal everybody all at once all over the world, because faith is not always seen when everybody is perfectly well. If you are referring to having a crusade or a local church prayer for healing, the question should probably be,.... would God really do it? Would He heal ALL?

Proverbs 30:7 Two things have I required of thee; deny me them not before I die:8 Remove far from me vanity and lies: give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with food convenient for me:9 Lest I be full, and deny thee, and say, Who is the Lord? or lest I be poor, and steal, and take the name of my God in vain.

Now imagine if everybody was well and nobody ever gets sick again. Would there be a temptation to say who needs the Lord?

If we look at Paul..we can see how God could use a sick or dying christian to minister to others that are sick or dying.

1 Corinthians 9:22 To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.
23 And this I do for the gospel's sake, that I might be partaker thereof with you.

1 Peter 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

It is easy to preach when you are well and in good shape, but if God does not heal everybody, then would there not be a need for the Lord to raise up workers for the harvest in the medical field? If you were sick and miserable, and come across an unbeliever in the same way or somewhat, would he ask you for the hope you have in you, seeing you as seemingly unfazed by the whole ordeal?

So is it really God's will for us to be well, and never get sick?

1 Corinthians 11:27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.30 For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.31 For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.

If God answers all prayer requests to be healed without repenting, would that really make everything okay with God when they keep on taking communion in an unworthy manner? No. So we can see why God would not heal all in that way.

Does a believer being sick, means that he is being punished by the Lord? No. That is not a definite standard to judge any sick person by.

Philippians 2:25 Yet I supposed it necessary to send to you Epaphroditus, my brother, and companion in labour, and fellowsoldier, but your messenger, and he that ministered to my wants.26 For he longed after you all, and was full of heaviness, because that ye had heard that he had been sick.27 For indeed he was sick nigh unto death: but God had mercy on him; and not on him only, but on me also, lest I should have sorrow upon sorrow.28 I sent him therefore the more carefully, that, when ye see him again, ye may rejoice, and that I may be the less sorrowful.

Does it mean that if a believer is NOT sick, that he is not committing iniquity? No. Sickness or not being sick is not a sign for believers to go by. Paul was just noting that as a response to the church at Corinth taking communion in an unworthy manner.

But I digress. The point here is that would God really heal all if that was His will to heal all? I can say that in general as His overall desire to heal all, yeah, but realistically as in pertaining to the individual believer, or for that matter, everybody in that local church or wherever the place they are gathered at to ask God for a massive healing upon all, no, because He is free to say yes or no to any and each prayer request.

God is free to not heal because He may be using that believer for outreach to unbelievers that are sick or dying.

God is free not to heal because the believer may be in iniquity, and He is far from wanting to give a false appearance that everything is hunky dory between the seeker & God.

God is free not to heal because the ordeal may be the necessary trial for the patient's faith to refocus on the Lord whom he may be neglecting in his daily life and grow in knowledge of Him as well as living what time is remaining by faith in Him. God may heal him later on or just be with Him to lean on always because otherwise, the believer would not have.

But healing is exploding world wide and is going to take off at a fantastic rate very soon.

That is not always a good thing, especially when it involves focusing & invoking on what they believe is the Holy Spirit to come and fall on believers to bring about exorcism or healing or prophesying in His name or doing wonderful works in His name.

Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

That iniquity is not seeking those things directly from the Lord Jesus Christ WITHOUT seeking to receive a "spirit" to do so, because He is already in us and abides in us always to never hunger nor thirst after that promise of the Holy Spirit Whom we have received at our salvation when we had believed in Him.

That is why in all of those movements of the "spirit" believers are falling down for not hearing His words that Jesus is the only wayto God the Father for any healing or gifts of the Spirit.

24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

The whole warning about that iniquity started in verse 13.

Matthew 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat. 14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Luke gives the solution to that warning below...

Luke 13:24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. 25 When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are: 26 Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets. 27 But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.

So Jesus meant what He had said about coming to God the Father for anything in fellowship, prayer, or worship; all believers has to come to the Son in asking for healing if they want to come to God for this healing.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

John 10:1Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

So here is an example of an event where God is NOT healing everybody in those movement of the " Spirit " because it is deception being wrought in apostasy. They can lay claim to it like they say in Matthew 7:22, but it is not really happening. Some testified in coming out of these events with a "healing" but then another malady hits them.. whether it be a mental illness or some physical ailment... and they do not always share that either.

So if you are looking for a major event where God heals all, don't. More often times than not, the focus is on the Holy Spirit for those events to occur without ever preaching the gospel, but even if they do, Jesus Christ goes into the limelight... and that is not honoring the Son at all.

So .. no... God wll not heal all because we do not live in a perfect world and we are in that fallible state that we need to rely on Him all the time down here.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I said we would need to ask staff if it could be set up so hold that thought and thanks.