Overwhelming evidence for a worldwide flood!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Reece

Oct 28, 2019
US
Faith
Christian
Country
Bangladesh

How much more evidence do people need to accept the reality of Noah's flood?

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

How much more evidence do people need to accept the reality of Noah's flood?
I watched the clip, and it had great production value, but it would have been a lot better if they had cited their sources. Most skeptics would simply point out that the claims aren't substantiated. I thought the Grand Canyon theory was a bit weak as well. I've never heard anyone talk about fossils atop Mt. Everest either. How do we know any of these claims are true or not? Where's the proof?

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...I've never heard anyone talk about fossils atop Mt. Everest either. How do we know any of these claims are true or not? Where's the proof?
Everest:

"...FLATOW: All right. Could you find fossils that showed when it was at the bottom of the ocean - on the top there?

LAGESON: Yeah. Those limestones at the summit, there are fossils reported from those carbonate rocks, and they're mostly little tiny marine invertebrate animals, little sea shells, essentially. And using high-powered microscopes in thin sections of the rock, we can identify what those animals are.

FLATOW: And I know that, Conrad, this is - we're fascinated by this, and that's one part of your mission is an educational part, to let everybody else know about it. ..." - Mount Everest Still Holds Mysteries For Scientists

".,.. Did you know that marine fossils have been found on the mountain? This shows that at one time, the mountain was below sea level! The first fossils were found by Noel Odell, in 1924. ..." - Mt. Everest: Interactive Notebook Activity | Education World

"... The Qomolangma Formation, contains the highest rocks of Mount Everest. It is formed by layers of Ordovician-age limestone, recrystallized dolomite, siltstone, and laminae. The formation starts at 8,600 meters at a fault zone above the North Col Formation and ends on the summit. It has many marine fossils, including trilobites, crinoids and ostracods. ..." - What is Mount Everest | Geomodelr

See also the Andes Mountains:

"... Scientists have found fossils of whales and other marine animals in mountain sediments in the Andes, indicating that the South American mountain chain rose very rapidly from the sea. ..." - WHALE FOSSILS HIGH IN ANDES SHOW HOW MOUNTAINS ROSE FROM SEA

See also the Himalayas:

"... The team found marine fossils suggesting that the now lofty Himalayas ..." - Tibetan Plateau Research Suggest Uplifts Occurred In Stages

See also the Antarctic regions - Antarctic fossils reveal creatures weren't safer in the south during dinosaur extinction

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I watched the clip, and it had great production value, but it would have been a lot better if they had cited their sources. Most skeptics would simply point out that the claims aren't substantiated. I thought the Grand Canyon theory was a bit weak as well. I've never heard anyone talk about fossils atop Mt. Everest either. How do we know any of these claims are true or not? Where's the proof?
In the end Hebrews 11.6 is the watchword for belief in Creation, the Flood, etc. If all the scientific proof were out there for the world to see, there would still be plenty of clever, educated people who would deny it.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the end Hebrews 11.6 is the watchword for belief in Creation, the Flood, etc. If all the scientific proof were out there for the world to see, there would still be plenty of clever, educated people who would deny it.
True. The carnal mind is at enmity with truth.

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Everest:

"...FLATOW: All right. Could you find fossils that showed when it was at the bottom of the ocean - on the top there?

LAGESON: Yeah. Those limestones at the summit, there are fossils reported from those carbonate rocks, and they're mostly little tiny marine invertebrate animals, little sea shells, essentially. And using high-powered microscopes in thin sections of the rock, we can identify what those animals are.

FLATOW: And I know that, Conrad, this is - we're fascinated by this, and that's one part of your mission is an educational part, to let everybody else know about it. ..." - Mount Everest Still Holds Mysteries For Scientists

".,.. Did you know that marine fossils have been found on the mountain? This shows that at one time, the mountain was below sea level! The first fossils were found by Noel Odell, in 1924. ..." - Mt. Everest: Interactive Notebook Activity | Education World

"... The Qomolangma Formation, contains the highest rocks of Mount Everest. It is formed by layers of Ordovician-age limestone, recrystallized dolomite, siltstone, and laminae. The formation starts at 8,600 meters at a fault zone above the North Col Formation and ends on the summit. It has many marine fossils, including trilobites, crinoids and ostracods. ..." - What is Mount Everest | Geomodelr

See also the Andes Mountains:

"... Scientists have found fossils of whales and other marine animals in mountain sediments in the Andes, indicating that the South American mountain chain rose very rapidly from the sea. ..." - WHALE FOSSILS HIGH IN ANDES SHOW HOW MOUNTAINS ROSE FROM SEA

See also the Himalayas:

"... The team found marine fossils suggesting that the now lofty Himalayas ..." - Tibetan Plateau Research Suggest Uplifts Occurred In Stages

See also the Antarctic regions - Antarctic fossils reveal creatures weren't safer in the south during dinosaur extinction

If a mountain was in the sea, that doesn't indicate a global flood though. It just points out that they used to be below sea level. If some geological activity thrusts the sea floor up into the sky, that isn't due to a global flood. Aren't they suggesting that these fossils were deposited at the higher elevation while it was at that higher elevation?

It seems like it makes more sense for there to be a global flood prior to all of this seismic activity. When the earth is relatively flat, it's much easier to cover the whole surface, right?

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
True. The carnal mind is at enmity with truth.
If the bible didn't exist, the scientific community would be suggesting the possibility of a global flood, and atheists, skeptics, etc. would be eating it up.