Poll: Best age for first tattoo?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Poll: Best age for first tattoo?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I have a tattoo, I am not ashamed of it, but it has no bearing on my salvation.
I guess it's not faith based; maybe if it were you would more actively pursue using it as a witness tool? as a lot of young Christian men and women do today.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess it's not faith based; maybe if it were you would more actively pursue using it as a witness tool? as a lot of young Christian men and women do today.
Wasn't in the message then. I wasn't thinking about being a Christian when I got it

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Wasn't in the message then. I wasn't thinking about being a Christian when I got it
Well, these days many young Christian men and women have it done after they believe, knowing that they are such effective conversation-starters. (Of course, the wearer then has to be prepared to use the opportunities that the faith based tattoo - John 3.16; Christian fish sign <><, etc. may occasion.)

My wife and I talked to a young lady with the whole of John 3.16 tattooed on her wrist area; it was her favorite Bible verse and mine also; and I'm sure other conversations have occurred also as a result of her willingness to become tattooed in this way. I was simply glad to see her willingness to use such Scriptural wording in testimony.

One way or another, a lot has to with motive, doesn't it? (In the case of the young woman my wife and I talked to, she evidently had a strong and irrepressible motive.)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I think when I was a young Christian, a scripture or Christian art Tattoo would have helped me stake a claim as a Christian and made people aware early on. It would have helped sort out friends from the start. So I regret not having that as an option during that time.
People talk about 'tattoo regret', as if it must mean regretting an existing tattoo.

But for some Christians, a deeper regret might lie in not having or having had a faith based, witness-friendly inking, that holds one to account, right?

Reactions: Dave L

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I didnt vote because maturity can happen at any age.
I am a nurse ...

PS: I saw some posts on another site and they indicated just how widespread is the proportion of the nursing profession who are tattooed. The proportion was huge, it was claimed.

Maybe you have gotten some kind of impression of this also?

(I should try to dig up the quotes, some time.)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@firstthings1st. : I guess neither you nor Ms. Deborah have any faith based ink? seems like it's gotten more popular in the last several years among Christians; it didn't use to be so popular when many of the more senior believers now were young.

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Lady Crosstalk Thanks for your various comments about tattoos in recent weeks; what I wondered was, Do you find the gender aspect specifically objectionable? i.e., some conservative folk - maybe of the older generation (not that you belong to it :)!) might think that since it always was a man thing, rather than a woman thing, they prefer it were on men only, if at all.