• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Should a leader listen to their head (their logic and reason) or heart (instinct and intuition)?

• Their head (logic and reason) / Left-brain

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Their heart (instinct and intuition) / Right-brain

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

LouisWilliams

Mar 3, 2021
Home
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What should the ideal qualities of a true leader of a democratic society be, or any other leader, including a leader of a church or a large community? Should they generally try to listen to their head (logic and reason) or heart (instinct and intuition) more? For example, I think left-brain people are more logic-based, and right-brain people are more intuition-based.

Which do you think is the more important of the two? And which do most Christians here generally belong to, for example?

Here are two links arguing that conservatives are more "heart"-based, or right-brain than liberals, at least these days, although I am not sure whether they are correct:

Republicans are from the heart; Democrats are from the head

https://www.psypost.org/2017/06/stu...-cognitive-systems-make-moral-judgments-49187

Pathfinder7

Mar 8, 2020
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting topic.
---
My view is..
- Both are needed..for leaders/leadership.
---
Which is more important?
- It depends on the context/situation.

Abaxvahl

Sep 13, 2021
Earth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What should the ideal qualities of a true leader of a democratic society be, or any other leader, including a leader of a church or a large community? Should they generally try to listen to their head (logic and reason) or heart (instinct and intuition) more? For example, I think left-brain people are more logic-based, and right-brain people are more intuition-based.

Which do you think is the more important of the two? And which do most Christians here generally belong to, for example?

Here are two links arguing that conservatives are more "heart"-based, or right-brain than liberals, at least these days, although I am not sure whether they are correct:

Republicans are from the heart; Democrats are from the head

https://www.psypost.org/2017/06/stu...-cognitive-systems-make-moral-judgments-49187

Both are important, but reason I think would have a dominant role as sometimes the heart in a fallen man can be mistaken and have attachments it should not have. This is possible for reason also but it is less so. I think Christians belong to both in that order because of the example Jesus gave.

The Lord was incarnate Divine Wisdom, and rational discussion and argument is a very dominant theme in His words and acts, but also He accepts intuitions of faith as occasion for miracles (like with the woman with a flow of blood, or the leper who said "Lord if you will") and acts in compassion many times (such as when He saw the crowds and felt sorry for them, or cried over Lazarus). But His emotional life followed reason and was not ever in opposition because He was not fallen. For us it can be at odds, so listening to the reason we learned often is a surer course.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
If the question were rephrased to be about Christianity, then one's approach needs to be informed thoroughly by Scripture, in a prayerfully dependent way.

Reactions: LouisWilliams