The Rapture: Too Good to Be True?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Do you understand that what's about to happen will be totally supernatural ,to believe in the rapture means you will fall for the false Christ

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
I Corinthians 11:10 "For this cause ought the woman to have power on her head because of the angels."

It is for this reason that the woman ought to have the power, which is the authority of that God gives to each of us, when we are in Christ. This again is written to the end generation, and our power and authority comes from the Word of God. That knowledge and wisdom that is in the Word of God is where our power comes from, and we must have that wisdom in our mind or we will not stand in the day of the deception. This goes way back to Genesis 6, and it pertains to what the angels did when they came to earth. It was for this reason that the flood of Noah came to be, for Satan could not destroy the Seed, so he tried to destroy the coming of Christ through Eve's daughters.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
As well as answering the question: What? about the Rapture, it is good to address the question: Who?

1 Corinthians 11.26: clearly the church is in view.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My point was, if the Elect are gonna be here ,rapture can't and don't fit

Of course it fits.

The rapture does remove the Church ie: the living saved Christians from the surface of the Earth but only for a very short time. It's purpose is actually to GATHER the Church together at one place rather than being spread around the world.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Look at the below
Of course it fits.

The rapture does remove the Church ie: the living saved Christians from the surface of the Earth but only for a very short time. It's purpose is actually to GATHER the Church together at one place rather than being spread around the world.

We gather to Christ at the 7th trump ,if you choose to call it a rapture that's all good ,my point is we shall go through the tribulation

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
@ ewq1938

Here's exactly what I'm saying

We gather back to Christ here on this earth ,ain't nobody going to Heaven unless they die before Christ returns

II Thessalonians 2:1 "Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,"

This is the 2nd and only return of Christ in all of scripture ,it's no rapture before this

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look at the below

We gather to Christ at the 7th trump ,if you choose to call it a rapture that's all good ,my point is we shall go through the tribulation

Yes the church goes through the Great Tribulation. Paul used the Greek word that means a rapture, harpazo.

1 Thessalonians 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up HARPAZO/RAPTURE together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

When this verse was translated into Latin from Greek, the Greek word "harpazo" was replaced by the the Latin word "rapio" meaning "to catch up" or "take away" (the Latin noun "raptus" "a carrying off"). The Latin word “rapiemur” is the word St. Jerome used for “caught up” when he translated 1 Thess 4:17 in the Latin Vulgate Bible. So while the English word RAPTURE is not in scripture the Greek word HARPAZO is in scripture and it is the origin of the word rapture. So, yes, a rapture is very biblical. A pre-trib rapture is not biblical because Paul places the rapture after the tribulation and second coming and after the resurrection of the dead. The rapture then will come after the great tribulation has ended known as "post-trib".

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@ ewq1938

Here's exactly what I'm saying

We gather back to Christ here on this earth ,ain't nobody going to Heaven unless they die before Christ returns

II Thessalonians 2:1 "Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,"

This is the 2nd and only return of Christ in all of scripture ,it's no rapture before this

I agree.

Reactions: n2thelight

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess eventually you will get used to that alledged "LUDICROUS". I don't butcher, cut, and paste, like 555, 666, or 777.

No, you only butcher the actual Scripture in Revelation based on the lies you've been taught by men behind the false Pre-trib Rapture theory. You follow men instead and listen to them.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Good old Rappy !
Most only see it an escape plan ! If you swallow such delusions.
No one is going to be raptured up as they claim.

Did they use this old Rappy story in or before WW1 or WW2 ? SERIOUSLY !
Oh I am going to be raptured up before it gets too bad bro ! :rolleyes: So I will not have to worry about enduring such hellfire bro !

This is what they say. By the way I am working towards bringing on the Hellfire, so as to bring Jesus down here, as they shake their fist looking up, I have seen this crap displayed by such morons.
Then I say, You will go through the hellfire yourself bro ! and you know why you will, It's because you serve the wrong god !
One who is truly in Christ Jesus does not do wrong regardless, two wrongs do not make a right.

If one is looking for Jesus, such a one is not Saved in fact !

The difference is I have Christ Jesus within me and they don't.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, you only butcher the actual Scripture in Revelation based on the lies you've been taught by men behind the false Pre-trib Rapture theory. You follow men instead and listen to them.
Saying that the 6th Seal is the Second Coming is the truth. Not butchering Scripture at all.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Saying that the 6th Seal is the Second Coming is the truth. Not butchering Scripture at all.

So is the 7th Trumpet and 7th Vial about the day of Christ's 2nd coming, which means the LAST DAY of this present world. And that is also the DAY when Jesus gathers His faithful saints, and NOT before. All this is written in God's Word and is easy to show.

One who reads Revelation as if all the events happen in the order John was given them and wrote them down, will be in confusion. That is Christ's doing by setting up His Revelation that way, to TRAP those who refuse to STUDY His way, asking Him.

Not only that, but even with Revelation showing that Christ Jesus ONLY is worthy to open the Seals points to the requirement that ALL His servants go through HIM to understand His Book of Revelation! But what do most brethren do? They go right to men's traditions and doctrines and rely on them instead. It's sickening what the deceived do to themselves by not obeying the simplicity of God's Word!

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Making the Sixth Seal; Revelation 6:12, happen at the Return; Revelation 19:11, is serious error.
It is a clear example of adding to and taking away from the narrative of Revelation. Not advisable!

Plain sensible logic, tells us that there has to be some kind of dramatic event to commence the end times prophesies.
The establishment of a one World Govt, requires that nations will have to give up their sovereignty. That will take something very severe and destructive to cause that. All the many Prophesies about the forthcoming Day of the Lord's fiery wrath, graphically describe it. A Day of fire, to a similar magnitude as what happened in the days of Noah.
One who reads Revelation as if all the events happen in the order John was given them and wrote them down, will be in confusion. That is Christ's doing by setting up His Revelation that way, to TRAP those who refuse to STUDY His way, asking Him.
I do not agree that God sets out to trap anyone. But He has made His servants blind to His Plans, Isaiah 42:18-20, to those who choose to believe false theories and ear tickling fables. Isaiah 29:9-12, 2 Timothy 4:3-4