The Rapture: Too Good to Be True?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Is the Rapture a false hope? Experiencing the End Times without the Rapture for the redeemed would be like Noah without a boat, or Lot not getting rescued by the Lord’s angels. This is good news for us!

As well as answering, What? the question is answering, Whom?

Israel? the church?

If people make little or no distinction between Israel and the church in their scheme of interpretation, then the coming again of the Lord Jesus for the church (1 Thess. 4; 1 Corinthians 11.26) must be blurred in people's minds.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As well as answering, What? the question is answering, Whom?

Israel? the church?

If people make little or no distinction between Israel and the church in their scheme of interpretation, then the coming again of the Lord Jesus for the church (1 Thess. 4; 1 Corinthians 11.26) must be blurred in people's minds.
No distinction is needed

Jesus will return on the (Last Day) in fire and final judgement, dissolving this earth by fire (The End)

Reactions: GEN2REV

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Is the Rapture a false hope?
Yes it is. Nowhere does the Bible say the Lord will take His people up to heaven. Jesus says such a thing is impossible: John 3:13
Israel? the church?
They are 2 separate entities.
The Church; all the people who believe in God and who accept the atoning sacrifice of Jesus.
Israel; currently mistakenly believed to be the Jewish State of Israel. They face virtual destruction in the forthcoming Lord's Day of fiery wrath. Isaiah 6:11-13, Romans 9:27, +
52 ...at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed." 1 Corinthians 15:52
The prophecy in 1 Corinthians 15:50-56, refers to what will happen at the final Great White Throne Judgment.
AFTER the Millennium; Revelation 20:11-15 The LAST Trumpet!
Proved by how it is then that Death will be no more. Revelation 21:4
Jesus will return on the (Last Day) in fire and final judgement, dissolving this earth by fire (The End)
This idea is not what scripture tells us.
Why would Jesus destroy what He has Returned to reign over?

Reactions: Helen

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ will return to destroy the Antichrist. Then will those who were executed for refusing the mark of the beast rise up to meet the Lord in the air; then those who are alive and remain will go next and then reign with Christ on earth for 1,000 years.

And then all the dead who died before the Tribulation will be raised at the end of the 1,000 years, after Satan is cast into the lake of fire, and the saved will be separated from the unsaved.

Dave Watchman

May 14, 2017
Patmos
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is the Rapture a false hope? Experiencing the End Times without the Rapture for the redeemed would be like Noah without a boat, or Lot not getting rescued by the Lord’s angels. This is good news for us!

I don't mind the Rapture. I read it differently, but I don't take offence to the Rapture folks.

The way I see it, when it all goes down, the pre trib Rapture people won't be disappointed. We'll be gone before the vials and Armeggeddon. It that pre wrath?

I don't see a 7 year tribulation, but there is a last heptad, a final "week". I'm very sure that we're closing in on the middle of it now.

So I think when Jesus says this:

“Look, I come like a thief! Blessed is the one who stays awake and remains clothed, so as not to go naked and be shamefully exposed.”
We'll be up there with Him. We'll be lighting up the stratosphere with the holy angels who have gathered us, as all the tribes of the earth will mourn. Jesus turns to us and says:

“Look, I come like a thief! Blessed is the one who stays awake and remains clothed, so as not to go naked and be shamefully exposed.”​

We were blessed.

We stayed awake.

Blind Fanny Crosby used the Rapture word in Near the Cross in 1869.

Sounds good.

I like the Alison Krauss unplugged version.

Makes me weep a tear too.

""Till my raptured soul shall find
Rest beyond the river.

Jesus, keep me near the cross;
There a precious fountain,
Free to all, a healing stream,
Flows from Calvary's mountain.

In the cross, in the cross,
Be my glory ever,
Till my raptured soul shall find
Rest beyond the river.

Near the cross, a trembling soul,
Love and mercy found me,
There the Bright and Morning Star
Shed its beams around me.

Near the cross! O Lamb of God,
Brings its scenes before me;
Help me walk from day to day,
With its shadows o'er me.

Near the cross I'll watch and wait,
Hoping, trusting ever,
Till I reach the golden strand
Just beyond the river.

Fanny_Crosby.jpg

Reactions: marks

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Our Blessed hope is: the glorious Return of Jesus. Titus 2:13
Titus 1:13,14 is in fact a reference to the Rapture. Verse 14 speaks of the purification or perfection of the saints, and that is only completed at the Rapture (1 John 1:1-3). Paul speaks of Christ's "glorious appearing" and John says "we shall see Him as He is". As to Heaven, since "our citizenship is in Heaven" where else would the saints go after the Resurrection/Rapture?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No such thing as a pre-trib rapture found in scripture, it's a fabricated man made fairy tale
Only if you blatantly disregard all the words of Christ pertaining to the Rapture. So kindly see what Jesus had to say about this important event. I could quote chapter and verse but it would be better for you to search the Scriptures for the truth. Even the removal of Lot from Sodom prefigures the Rapture. And Lot is deemed "righteous" by God though there were many things he did which were not so righteous.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But for those who would rather not go to Heaven, they should start petitioning the Lord to leave them on earth

So reigning on earth with Christ is inferior to being in heaven? Or something not to be desired over being in heaven?

New Jerusalem (the city) will come down from heaven and everyone found in the book of life will enter into it.

Dispensational Theology is a cunning scheme to pervert the truth.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
all the words of Christ pertaining to the Rapture. So kindly see what Jesus had to say about this important event
THIS is what Jesus plainly said:

1/ John 3:13 No one has gone up into heaven, except the One who came down from heaven, the Son of Man.
Jesus is talking about the things of heaven, truths that apply forever.

2/ Revelation 2-3 Those who are victorious over Satan and who persevere until the end, will receive the crown of Life.
They are the people seen in Revelation 6:9-14. On earth, as proved by the first 3 verses of Rev 7.

3/ John 7:33-34…I am going away to Him who sent Me and where I go, you cannot come.
A plain statement that also applies forever.

4/ John 8:21-23 Again He said: Where I go, you cannot come. You belong to this world below, I to the world above….
Our home is the earth, we are earth people and not spirits and even after the Millennium, those worthy will become immortal, but will still remain on earth.
Revelation 21:1-4

5/ John 17:15 I do not pray that You take My people out of this world, but to keep them from the evil one.
Jesus was talking to God and what He asked applies to all Christians. Remember: we pray for God’s Kingdom to come on earth as it is in heaven and it will, with the New Jerusalem.

6/ Revelation 5:10 You have made them priests for our God and they shall reign on earth.
This refers to every faithful Christian, people from every tribe, race, nation and language, they shall reign on earth. That is our destiny, we never go to heaven, only our souls sleep under the Altar, if we are martyred. Revelation 6:9-11
That they can cry out at times, does not mean they are alive.

The idea of a 'rapture to heaven' is never stated in the Bible.
After all that is prophesied has happened; God will come to dwell with us on earth. Revelation 21:1-7

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It's worse than a false hope. The doctrine has spawned cults like Heaven's Gate that commit mass suicide. In the case of Heaven's Gate, the head nut job said that a UFO behind a comet was going to take them all to safety, so they put on coveralls with patches like space suits, new sneakers and took poison when the comet arrived.
They weren't the only cult to do something like that, but their wacky doctrine came from a former Christian who expanded on rapture doctrine. It's escapist doctrine driven by fear, and some folks will take their own lives rather than have to pass through the tribulation unharmed.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Why is Paradise still in heaven during the 1,000 year reign of Christ? Do you think it remains empty for 1,000 years?
It's the earth that will be empty for a 1000 years. The New Jerusalem comes down to earth at the end of the millennium. After the fire destroys Satan and his angels and the remaining wicked who attempt to take the city, then a new creation will be witnessed by all.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Neither Noah nor Lot were raptured. They were witnesses to the destruction... Witnesses to the justice and the execution of judgement upon the wicked. As in
KJV Psalms 91:8-11
8 Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
9 Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;
10 There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.
11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.