Trump reacts to firestorm over suggestion of election delay

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Given Trump's declining mental state, and his poor impulse control, I think it's likely that he just blurted the idea out as a possible way to avoid the coming reckoning. I don't doubt that his handlers were shocked and dismayed that he went off message.

What can they do? He's obviously getting worse and worse, and he won't do what they tell him. Look for more bizarre behavior in the remaining months before November.

lol Speaking of declining mental states....how about you venturing into the realm of truth for the first time and answer the questions....
What is your position on abortion?
Your position on homosexuality?
Your position on drug use?
Your position on the leftist form of communism?
Your position on law and order?
Your position on law enforcement?
Your position on the rioters in the democratic run cities?
Your position on shutting down churches in democratic run states?
Your position on school prayer?
Your position on our schools teaching our children to be communists and atheists?

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I notice that Mary Trump, in the study of her family, Too Much and Never Enough, was hesitant about attaching psychiatric diagnostic labels to Donald Trump. From what I've read from her book so far, the President seems to have a number of overlapping psychological disorders in which the relationship between them isn't entirely clear. Mary Trump affirms that we may never know unless Donald Trump consents to psychological testing, which is very doubtful.

I'm skeptical, myself of the validity of these tests, but it could be affirmed that Trump is not emotionally well-adjusted. Mary Trump clearly shows Trump lacks empathy and conscience. I can see why Trump, ever able to fornicate, wasn't able to establish intimate personal relationships with women and normal relationships with business colleagues.

Couldn't we say that Trump always projects an appearance? And that who he is, at bottom, is a hollow man behind those appearances, a great nothingness within, a man condemned by God?

Perhaps. Yehren, you could be right. Perhaps Trump has a pathological fear of disclosure. Perhaps he doesn't want to reveal the emptiness that's within him. Perhaps that's why Trump, also, always destroys whatever he touches.

@bukka What are your credentials that qualify you to diagnosis a person in this manner??? Are you a mental health professional? Are you a psychologist or a psychiatrist?? Even if you are, it's foolish to diagnose a person whom you've never met with "a pathological fear of disclosure," don't you think?

Last edited:

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some people talk about it. Some people do something:

There are numerous ways to take an active stance against abortion. Too many people are personally against abortion, but don’t do anything to try to help stop it. It is important for every single person to do their part, because each individual can make a difference and save a child’s life. The stakes are far too great to just stand by and not do anything; children’s lives are depending on your help!
Politics - Life Dynamics

Here's a few non-political things you can do:
So think about it. Are you just talk or would you do some of these things?

Sometimes, it just takes a non-aggressive approach:

"I get why you have your position, but if you'd like, I'll be happy to explain why I'm pro-life, without attacking you personally."

It does work. You don't have to "convert" someone on the spot; often you just need to plant a seed. But if you're not good at it, there are other things you can do.

And no, I don't agree with everything this site advocates, but you don't get to have perfect agreement on everything. You merely need to move forward and try to save some lives. You willing to do more than just talk?

@Yehren These are good suggestions, BUT instead of preaching at me, why don't you tell us what YOU have done about it?? Let's hear it.

BTW, you don't know me. You have no idea what I have or have not done about important issues such as this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grailhunter

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I notice that Mary Trump, in the study of her family, Too Much and Never Enough, was hesitant about attaching psychiatric diagnostic labels to Donald Trump.
Why are you wasting your time on TRASH? Someone should be diagnosing Mary Trump for her hatred for Donald Trump. Indeed someone should be diagnosing ALL the Democrats and the Leftists in America for TRUMP DERANGEMENT SYNDROME -- which is an IRRATIONAL hatred of Trump, which makes him "Orange Man Bad" no matter what he does. These people should all be locked up in a mental health facility since they are a danger to themselves and others.

Donald Trump has his faults but they are nothing compared to SCUMBAG Joe Biden who messes around with little girls as well as grown women, and now cannot even see that his mental capacities have failed. And that is because Joe Biden has been a habitual liar ever since he entered politics.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lol Speaking of declining mental states..

You mean like forgetting what I showed you, yet again?
(Grailhunter forgets the answers he got, yet another time)

You forgot again? Here you go:

How about writing it down so you don't forget this time?

Why are you wasting your time on TRASH?

I suspect that he's got some cognitive issues and just forgets. And I'm a very patient guy. So I just remind him, when ever he forgets and asks again.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's a good reason for this. A corporation is planning to build a hotel on that site, right across from his hotel. The competition would cost him money. And as king of the United States, he gets to insert stuff like that into other bills.
Yes, he's been trying to sell the lease on that hotel. I haven't heard the reason for wanting to sell it. One of his sons said it's making lots of money, but I don't know whether to believe that. I think I find what a real estate developer named Brian Friedman said more convincing.

January 3, 2020 Potential buyer for Trump’s D.C. hotel lease says it’s underperforming and unrealistically priced

After touring the Trump hotel recently, Friedman said the building was in “amazing” condition. Friedman added that the property was underperforming and Trump was smart to try to sell his interest in it while he is in the White House because the hotel’s business could worsen once he leaves office.

The hotel was only about 57% occupied in 2019, well below competitors, according to marketing materials issued by a real estate firm hired by Trump’s company.

“I think he has to sell before he gets out of office because it’s not going to get better – it’s going to get worse,” Friedman said.

Trump spent an estimated $210 million renovating the hotel. His company issued a statement saying it will try to sell the property for as much as $500 million – a number Friedman said was unrealistic.

Several good points are raised there. If it had an 57% occupancy rate in 2019, surely that rate would be lower in 2020 after coronavirus hit. If it was "underperforming" in January this year, it must be drastically underperforming now. If Trump wanted to ditch it in January, he must be getting desperate to sell now even if the potential sale was put on hold in March. It's an albatross around his neck.

A competing hotel across the street would make Trump's hotel even less valuable. If Friedman thought $500 million was too high back in January,
that means there is no way Trump could get that much for it if a competing hotel was built across the street.

Some of the guests at that hotel are there as a way of currying favor with the President. That business would evaporate when Trump leaves office. The Republican Party would not be spending there.

January 22, 2020 Trump inaugural committee illegally enriched president's hotel, DC Attorney General lawsuit says

The suit claims that the nonprofit inaugural committee violated laws barring the use of charitable funds to enrich private individuals when it agreed to pay Trump’s hotel more than $1 million for the use of ballroom space during the January 2017 inaugural festivities.

The lawsuit alleges that the Trump inaugural committee knowingly misused its funds when it paid $175,000 per day to reserve the ballroom of the Trump hotel for four days during the president’s inauguration week but held only two events there, one of which was only for Trump’s adult children and their guests.

The courts can decide the legalities of that lawsuit. The point in question now is that kind of spending would cease when Trump leaves office. It seems clear to me that Trump would like to unload the lease to the hotel before election day. If a competitor announces it has signed a deal before election day and Trump goes on to lose, he'd be lucky to recoup the $210 million he spent on remodeling. I think he's probably losing money on it daily now. He's probably losing money at his other hotels.

April 15, 2020 https://www.bizjournals.com/washing...el-files-layoff-notices-for-d-c-property.html

The Trump International Hotel in downtown D.C. has filed a layoff notice affecting 237 employees.

The notice was filed with the District’s Department of Employment Services on April 3 and took effect the same day, but it only appeared on the Department’s public website of Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification notices Wednesday.

Trump is engaging in wishful thinking again. Trying to get that new FBI building into this bill managed to annoy even Republicans. The writing is on the wall. Savvy Republicans know Trump is probably going to lose so there's no reason for them to kowtow to him on this. They don't care if Trump loses money at that hotel -- some may even privately relish the idea of denying Trump's fantastic request.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You mean like forgetting what I showed you, yet again?
(Grailhunter forgets the answers he got, yet another time)

You forgot again? Here you go:

How about writing it down so you don't forget this time?

I suspect that he's got some cognitive issues and just forgets. And I'm a very patient guy. So I just remind him, when ever he forgets and asks again.
Dodging the questions again! Fear them do you? The truth will set you free!

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lol Speaking of declining mental states....how about you venturing into the realm of truth for the first time and answer the questions....
Your position on our schools teaching our children to be communists and atheists?
Trump is more than welcome to bring up any of those issues if he likes; but the election will be held on time. He is not a dictator who can suspend the rule of law. His comment about postponing the elections betrays the fact he has fascist leanings. His idea of law and order reminds me of Mussolini and Hitler. He may talk about law and order, but clearly he doesn't mean it.

By the way, things quieted down considerably when the feds left Portland. Trump's troopers were making things worse, encouraging more violence with their bizarre interference into state and local matters. Over a hundred agents to protect one courthouse? You got to be kidding. And they were afraid to have their names displayed on their uniforms. Why were they afraid? Do you know?

Judge proposes numbered jerseys for federal agents in Portland

[Judge]Simon said he was thinking of something like the jerseys professional sports players wear, minus the names, which he said would expose law enforcement officers to the threat of doxing by the public.

Why would the law enforcement be afraid of doxing? Are they afraid that protesters may show up at their houses and commit crimes? They must be; and it tells me they don't trust the police where they live to protect them. They do not trust the "rule of law" to protect them, their homes and their families. They find safety in anonymity, lots of weapons, and gear that makes them look like the military about ready to attack an enemy; but without those "advantages," they fear for their safety. They do not have confidence in the rule of law.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Trump is more than welcome to bring up any of those issues if he likes; but the election will be held on time. He is not a dictator who can suspend the rule of law. His comment about postponing the elections betrays the fact he has fascist leanings. His idea of law and order reminds me of Mussolini and Hitler. He may talk about law and order, but clearly he doesn't mean it.

By the way, things quieted down considerably when the feds left Portland. Trump's troopers were making things worse, encouraging more violence with their bizarre interference into state and local matters. Over a hundred agents to protect one courthouse? You got to be kidding. And they were afraid to have their names displayed on their uniforms. Why were they afraid? Do you know?

Judge proposes numbered jerseys for federal agents in Portland

[Judge]Simon said he was thinking of something like the jerseys professional sports players wear, minus the names, which he said would expose law enforcement officers to the threat of doxing by the public.

Why would the law enforcement be afraid of doxing? Are they afraid that protesters may show up at their houses and commit crimes? They must be; and it tells me they don't trust the police where they live to protect them. They do not trust the "rule of law" to protect them, their homes and their families. They find safety in anonymity, lots of weapons, and gear that makes them look like the military about ready to attack an enemy; but without those "advantages," they fear for their safety. They do not have confidence in the rule of law.
Do you wish to engage?

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why are you wasting your time on TRASH? Someone should be diagnosing Mary Trump for her hatred for Donald Trump. Indeed someone should be diagnosing ALL the Democrats and the Leftists in America for TRUMP DERANGEMENT SYNDROME -- which is an IRRATIONAL hatred of Trump, which makes him "Orange Man Bad" no matter what he does. These people should all be locked up in a mental health facility since they are a danger to themselves and others.

Donald Trump has his faults but they are nothing compared to SCUMBAG Joe Biden who messes around with little girls as well as grown women, and now cannot even see that his mental capacities have failed. And that is because Joe Biden has been a habitual liar ever since he entered politics.
Do you know what you're saying? Hitler locked up people as mental defectives. So did Stalin. You may think it a good idea; but I am glad America hasn't reached the point yet of locking up the political opposition with the excuse that they're mentally ill. Xi is doing it now in China, locking up people who disagree with his politics. The Communists call where they're locked up "reeducation camps."

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you wish to engage?
On those points, no. I view your list of things as an attempt to derail the thread, as an attempt to avoid his undemocratic and unconstitutional idea about delaying the election.

I am content with the results so far since many Republicans voiced their opposition to Trump's crazy idea. It won't fly. There are still too many Republicans and Democrats in Congress who genuinely believe in democratic elections and the rule of law for Trump to be able to get away with delaying the election.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We are not bashing Trump. We're not calling him a criminal. We're asking legitimate questions about him and why he cannot or will not clear his name.
How about asking legitimate questions about Joe Biden, who is a far bigger threat to the survival of America as a democratic Republic?

Biden Gang Must Be Going for the Steal Because ‘Hollow Joe’ May Be Worst Democrat Candidate in History

"The Biden campaign must be working on stealing the election because there is no excitement from his base. Sleepy Joe is a terrible candidate – he literally doesn’t even know where he is."

Biden Gang Must Be Going for the Steal Because 'Hollow Joe' May Be Worst Democrat Candidate in History

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On those points, no. I view your list of things as an attempt to derail the thread, as an attempt to avoid his undemocratic and unconstitutional idea about delaying the election.

I am content with the results so far since many Republicans voiced their opposition to Trump's crazy idea. It won't fly. There are still too many Republicans and Democrats in Congress who genuinely believe in democratic elections and the rule of law for Trump to be able to get away with delaying the election.

You too, are afraid of the questions. I am not going to debate the Trump issue with you two because you are both silly. You have issues with Trump suggesting delaying the election but our alright to demote our voting security down to a third world country. Too silly for me, too silly to waste my time.
So what about those questions. If you guys answer the questions, people will understand why you do not like Trump.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not going to debate the Trump issue with you two because...

... you've embarrassed yourself. As you now realize, Trump is pretty much indefensible, which is why a large majority of Americans now reject him:

If you are communist, I can see why you would like Trump. He has done a great service for the CCP in paying Foxcon billions of tax dollars.

If you are not an American Patriot, I can see why you would like Trump. He has repeatedly betrayed our friends and aided our enemies.

If you support abortion, I can see why you would like Trump. He has always supported abortion, and only "changed" to get foolish people to vote for him.

If support the use of Drugs, I can see why you would like Trump. He has endorsed taking dangerous drugs and suggested injecting disinfectant.

If you do not support Christian morals, I can see why you would like Trump. Trump has used the Ten Commandments like bathroom tissue.

If you place the rights of criminals over and above, the average American, I can see why you would not like Trump. He has brought more criminals into government than any president since Nixon.

If you are a coward, I can see why you would like Trump. He betrayed our Kurdish allies, dodged the draft, and obeyed Putin, who wanted U.S. forces out of Germany.

Reactions: Giuliano

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... you've embarrassed yourself. As you now realize, Trump is pretty much indefensible, which is why a large majority of Americans now reject him:

If you are communist, I can see why you would like Trump. He has done a great service for the CCP in paying Foxcon billions of tax dollars.

If you are not an American Patriot, I can see why you would like Trump. He has repeatedly betrayed our friends and aided our enemies.

If you support abortion, I can see why you would like Trump. He has always supported abortion, and only "changed" to get foolish people to vote for him.

If support the use of Drugs, I can see why you would like Trump. He has endorsed taking dangerous drugs and suggested injecting disinfectant.

If you do not support Christian morals, I can see why you would like Trump. Trump has used the Ten Commandments like bathroom tissue.

If you place the rights of criminals over and above, the average American, I can see why you would not like Trump. He has brought more criminals into government than any president since Nixon.

If you are a coward, I can see why you would like Trump. He betrayed our Kurdish allies, dodged the draft, and obeyed Putin, who wanted U.S. forces out of Germany.

Come on! Muster up all your courage....use both hands and be honest once in your life! Answer the questions! You think you are fooling people, but you are not! Might as well save the shred of dignity you have and be honest.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You too, are afraid of the questions. I am not going to debate the Trump issue with you two because you are both silly. You have issues with Trump suggesting delaying the election but our alright to demote our voting security down to a third world country. Too silly for me, too silly to waste my time.
So what about those questions. If you guys answer the questions, people will understand why you do not like Trump.
I could just as easily say you're afraid to stay on topic. You're on losing ground so you want to change the subject. It's shabby countries that delay elections, like Maduro in Venezeula, the Chinese in Hong Kong, Putin in Russia.

There is absolutely no evidence that voter fraud is worse in mail in elections than in regular ones. The idea of a foreign government printing ballots is laughable. Even most Republicans agree with that. Many of them come from states where voting by mail is popular. They'd be nuts to agree with Trump. Older people who tend to vote Republican like the idea of voting by mail. Trump's idea of limiting voting by mail would mean many of the elderly, afraid of coronavirus, wouldn't go vote.

Trump thinks he's being clever by sowing seeds of doubt about the next election. He knows he's going to lose, so what should he do?

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I could just as easily say you're afraid to stay on topic. You're on losing ground so you want to change the subject. It's shabby countries that delay elections, like Maduro in Venezeula, the Chinese in Hong Kong, Putin in Russia.

There is absolutely no evidence that voter fraud is worse in mail in elections than in regular ones. The idea of a foreign government printing ballots is laughable. Even most Republicans agree with that. Many of them come from states where voting by mail is popular. They'd be nuts to agree with Trump. Older people who tend to vote Republican like the idea of voting by mail. Trump's idea of limiting voting by mail would mean many of the elderly, afraid of coronavirus, wouldn't go vote.

Trump thinks he's being clever by sowing seeds of doubt about the next election. He knows he's going to lose, so what should he do?
Again too silly to debate. I will just say I categorically disagree with both of you.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am still wondering how his current campaign manager Bill Stepien escaped prosecution for his involvement the Bridgegate scandal. It was the end of Governor's Christie's ambition to become president, but Stepien escaped unscathed. We still can't be completely certain of what Christie knew about the lane closures; but it is fairly clear Stephien knew about them.

Bill Stepien - Wikipedia

On January 9, two days after nominating Stepien for the chairmanship of the New Jersey Republican Party, Christie announced that he had "lost my confidence in Bill's judgment," and he asked Stepien to withdraw his name from consideration. The turnaround was a result of Stepien's work on Christie's re-election campaign, where he became embroiled in the Fort Lee lane closure scandal to the George Washington Bridge.

Investigators eventually discovered that Stepien was in a romantic relationship with Bridget Kelly, his replacement as Christie's deputy chief of staff. Their relationship lasted until August 2013, as the plan to close the lanes was being implemented. Though their personal relationship was over, Stepien was kept abreast of the lane closures and the intended fallout. It was the emails between Stepien and those involved in the lane closures that sealed his fate. Christie said, "I was disturbed by the tone and behavior and attitude of callous indifference that was displayed in the emails by my former campaign manager, Bill Stepien."

Two months after losing Christie's confidence, Stepien made a "soft landing" at the data and phone bank giant FLS Connect, which hired him to work on sales and strategy. Stepien then received a subpoena to submit documents to the New Jersey Legislature panel investigating in the lane closures. In a 19-page letter sent to Reid Schar, special counsel to the joint Senate and Assembly committee, Stepien's lawyer cited Stepien’s Fifth Amendment privilege against compelled self-incrimination, noting that in addition to the legislative probe, a federal criminal inquiry into the lane closures was also underway.

Judge Jacobson of the New Jersey Superior Court ruled that Stepien was not required to comply with the legislative subpoenas to produce documents since they were written too broadly, and he was also protected under the Fifth Amendment. In May his lawyer also contended that a report produced on behalf of the Governor's Office misrepresented his client.

In the trial in September 2016 about the lanes closures, federal prosecution witness David Wildstein said that Stepien was aware of the lane closures as they were happening.

Putting Stepien in charge looks like a disaster waiting to happen to me. Why does Trump pick this kind of shabby person to work for him?

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again too silly to debate. I will just say I categorically disagree with both of you.
If you don't want to discuss Trump's idea of delaying of the election, why are you posting in this thread?

Last edited: