Trump to help Jewish People Build their 3RD. Temple??

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Tragic ~ yes
Signs ~ yes
Gods Wrath ~ no
Again, I am unsure if you are saying that you think I am saying that this WOULD be God's wrath, and you disagree with that. Or, you are agreeing with me that "No", this would not be considered "God's wrath".

I disagree.

Wrath of God is UPON the FLESH.
FLESH is NOT in Hell.
SOULS are in Hell.

Affects the FLESH of men ...
1) a man IN Christ;
The Lord IS WITH the man THROUGH
The Hardships.
2) a man NOT IN Chirst;
Is on his own to suffer the Hardships without the COMFORT of the Lord.
Well, I too must disagree with you. In the following verses, we see three things repeatedly. We see the specific difference between salvation versus wrath (in other words, it's a heaven/hell sort of thing). We see that it is a specific sort of wrath, in terms of Christ's return; 'day', or 'waiting for his son from heaven' in terms of this wrath, rather than a period of time and punishment poured out upon the residents of earth, and then we see that this wrath is poured out, or caused to be drunk in a 'day' or a specific time of judgement that is not easily read as outside of death and judgement.

For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. -Romans 1:18

But because of your hard and impenitent heart you are storing up wrath for yourself on the day of wrath when God's righteous judgment will be revealed. -Romans 2:5

He will render to each one according to his works: to those who by patience in well-doing seek for glory and honor and immortality, he will give eternal life; but for those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, there will be wrath and fury. -Romans 2:6–8

Since, therefore, we have now been justified by his blood, much more shall we be saved by him from the wrath of God. -Romans 5:9

and to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, Jesus who delivers us from the wrath to come. -1 Thessalonians 1:10

For God has not destined us for wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, -1 Thessalonians 5:9

calling to the mountains and rocks, “Fall on us and hide us from the face of him who is seated on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb, for the great day of their wrath has come, and who can stand?” -Revelation 6:16–17

The nations raged,
but your wrath came,
and the time for the dead to be judged,
and for rewarding your servants, the prophets and saints,
and those who fear your name,
both small and great,
and for destroying the destroyers of the earth.” -Revelation 11:18

So the angel swung his sickle across the earth and gathered the grape harvest of the earth and threw it into the great winepress of the wrath of God. -Revelation 14:19

Flesh upon the Earth DURING the "SIGNS" of wild Weather....Diseases...Hardships...

"Signs" are different, however, than "wrath", are they not? And these "signs" that you have listed, signs that we also see in Matt 24 and in the first 6 seal judgements too, have been happening all throughout the interadvental period.
It rather baffles me when people attempt to point to these signs in scripture and go "see! we are in the last days!" I'm sure Pompeii, or the famine written about in Acts, or the earthquake in Shensi, China in 1556, or the Black Death, or the Christian martyrs fed to the lions....I'm sure all the people living through these things would have shook their heads at these people in disbelief! We've had these things since Christ! He said we would!

DISAGREE. CONVERTED Christians are "NOT SUBJECT to Gods WRATH.

1 Thes 5
[9] For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

1 Thes 1
[10] And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.
You are still misunderstanding what I am saying, and perhaps that is my fault for not expressing it clearly. No. I do NOT believe that Christians are subject to God's wrath. At all.

The point I was trying to make was that a lot of the 'signs', as you seem to call them, that we see, I do not see the bible calling "the wrath of God". I see the bible calling those things "birth pangs of a sinful world". I see the bible telling us that God, in his Sovereignty allows such things to happen. I see the bible telling us that as Christians we are subject to these things as much as the unsaved, but in no way is this being under 'God's wrath'.

God, in his Sovereignty, still allows human responsibility and action to hold sway on the earth, and for some (us) it leads to growth and a closer relationship with him, and for others (the unsaved) it can lead to what we might call punishment. Consider: the situation in Syria is horrific, no question. For most I would say. It came about by human, sinful actions and decision, but ultimately allowed by God. For the non-believer I would say most probably look on the past years with nothing but trauma and heartache. But the stories coming out of the Churches? Those Christians are left with nothing, materially. But to hear their testimony and have them talk of their faith and relationship with God? There can be no doubt that even in the hardship and horror they praise him, being forced by those circumstances to draw closer to him as they had nothing else.
This has been the picture again and again in these "birth-pang" years. This is why we can say that the Church triumphs even as she suffers. This is why hardship is NEVER wrath, and indeed true wrath is life cut off from God.

I hope I've explained that a little better.

You appear to have CHANGED the meaning of Gods WRATH and then claim the CONVERTED are SUBJECT to endure Gods WRATH.
Ah, no. I take the meaning of wrath from the verses I provided earlier. I as I just explained, I don't believe Christians are ever subject to God's wrath. Christ did that in our place.

Signs are ISOLATED "previews" of Gods Power.

The WRATH of God affected the whole World, in Noah's Day, with but a few Mortals Saved.

The WRATH of God Shall affect the whole World in the end days Tribulation, with but a few Mortals Saved.

Matt 24
[21] For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

God Bless,
Taken
Tribulation...hardship...is not the same as God's specific wrath for a specific reason. The 'tribulation', when it is spoken of, is spoken of in terms of those 'signs' we've talked of...natural disasters, of human persecution and the suffering we cause one another. Of disease, famine, war. Tribulation is the opposite of God's shalom, I would say, the effects of sin fully realised. And that's not really God's wrath upon a disobedient people...done at judgement and Christ's return, when they stand before the throne and sent into eternal punishment and wrath....that's just the horrors of this life turned up to 10...what we, and Satan, have wrought upon the world.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Signs" are different, however, than "wrath", are they not?

I already spoke of a difference between "signs" and "wrath".

And these "signs" that you have listed, signs that we also see in Matt 24 and in the first 6 seal judgements too, have been happening all throughout the interadvental period.

Disagree.

It rather baffles me when people attempt to point to these signs in scripture and go "see! we are in the last days!"

Disagree.

You are still misunderstanding what I am saying, and perhaps that is my fault for not expressing it clearly.

I go by exactly what you say.
What you say, leaves one WONDERING "WHO" and "WHAT" you are claiming.

No. I do NOT believe that Christians are subject to God's wrath. At all.

Disagree.
Scripture says no such thing.
"CHRISTIAN" does not DEFINE a "CONVERTED" man.
Scripture speaks of "Converted" men;
NOT being SUBJECT to "WRATH".
Scripture reveals;
There is a "WRATH" of the LAMB
AND
There is a "WRATH" of God.
A man calling a man (or himself) a CHRISTIAN":
IS A FOLLOWER of Christ Jesus' TEACHING.
.... JUDAS was a Follower of Jesus' TEACHINGS.
Would you call Judas a "Christian"?

The point I was trying to make was that a lot of the 'signs', as you seem to call them, that we see, I do not see the bible calling "the wrath of God".

Me either, nor did I say that.

I see the bible calling those things "birth pangs of a sinful world".

Terms in Scripture have specific meanings, but may be related to particular times, and may only apply to particular people.

God, in his Sovereignty, still allows human responsibility and action to hold sway on the earth,

Absolutely.

I hope I've explained that a little better.

Somewhat.

Ah, no. I take the meaning of wrath from the verses I provided earlier. I as I just explained, I don't believe Christians are ever subject to God's wrath. Christ did that in our place.

What is a "Christian"?

Glory to God,
Taken

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I already spoke of a difference between "signs" and "wrath".
Well, I either missed it or didn't understand you.

Disagree.

So, let me get this straight. You disagree that war, famine, disease, natural disasters, and persecution have been happening ever since Christ left?
You disagree that Christ warned about them, and you disagree that the first 6 seals also speak of them?
I sort of think history will be on my side for this one.

Disagree.
You disagree that it's baffling that people use signs that have been happening for 2000 as "proof" we're in the twilight of history?

I suppose your right...it shouldn't be baffling. People are dopes.

I go by exactly what you say.
What you say, leaves one WONDERING "WHO" and "WHAT" you are claiming.
Well, I suppose its a give and take thing. I don't suppose I'm always the most crystal clear in how I commuicate....but then, I don't alway understand what on earth you're going on about as well.

Disagree.
See....here's case in point. You've spent the last few posts being on my case because you thought I WAS saying Christians were going to suffer God's wrath. And now, after I state unequivequivocally that I DON'T think that, you state "Disagree".
:rolleyes:

Scripture says no such thing.
Again, this time, the communication faux pas in on you. Scripture says no such what? That Christians don't suffer the wrath of God. So...what? You're saying that they DO?

"CHRISTIAN" does not DEFINE a "CONVERTED" man.
Scripture speaks of "Converted" men;
NOT being SUBJECT to "WRATH".
Scripture reveals;
There is a "WRATH" of the LAMB
AND
There is a "WRATH" of God.
A man calling a man (or himself) a CHRISTIAN":
IS A FOLLOWER of Christ Jesus' TEACHING.
.... JUDAS was a Follower of Jesus' TEACHINGS.
Would you call Judas a "Christian"?

Are you entirely serious? A Christian can't be a Christian because a follower of Christ is not really a proper and honest follower of Christ and we can't possibly know who is true and who is genuine and who is a sneaky little weasily betrayer so everytime we talk about the "labels" at hand we need to use "Takens" approved list!
Do you know what I call someone who wants to deliberately take something out of context so they can nit-pick instead of carry on the conversation at hand? A waste of time.

See ya.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I either missed it or didn't understand you.

So, let me get this straight.

You disagree that war, famine, disease, natural disasters, and persecution have been happening ever since Christ left?

No. I did not say that.

You said:

The 6 Seals are signs and have been HAPPENING.

I highlighted your comment, and DISAGREED with that.

You disagree that Christ warned about them, and you disagree that the first 6 seals also speak of them?

No. I did not say that.
Men were WARNED of the SIGNS.
Men were WARNED of Increase Disaster in DIVERS places.
Men were WARNED that is NOT YET the end.
(Matt 24:6)
Men were WARNED of WORLD TRIBULATION that the World has NOT SEEN, since the Great FLOOD.

I sort of think history will be on my side for this one.

I would say, thinking and knowing are two different things.

You disagree that it's baffling that people use signs that have been happening for 2000 as "proof" we're in the twilight of history?

I didn't mention twilight.
However I have mentioned we are IN THESE LAST DAYS, since Jesus ARRIVED the First Time.
Heb 1:2

IOW ~ We are in the DAYS of Great Signs of INCREASE, "IN DIVERSE PLACES", of wars, pestilence, rejecting God, famines, etc.
NOT YET the END OF DAYS.
NOT YET in the DAYS of the GREAT TRIBULATION.
NOT YET in the DAYS of:
SEALS, TRUMPTS, VIALS

I don't suppose I'm always the most crystal clear in how I commuicate....

Agree.

but then, I don't alway understand what on earth you're going on about as well.

Agree.

See....here's case in point. You've spent the last few posts being on my case because you thought I WAS saying Christians were going to suffer God's wrath. And now, after I state unequivequivocally that I DON'T think that, you state "Disagree".
:rolleyes:

Correct. And I explained WHY.

You speak of "Christians" AS IF, that is a "catchword", for ALL who are Converted.

I disagree. Scripture says NO SUCH THING.

Scripture TEACHES, "the CATCHWORDS" for the CONVERTED....IS CONVERTED IN CHRIST.

Again, this time, the communication faux pas in on you.

No problem.

Scripture says no such what?

Have answered that question TWICE now.

That Christians don't suffer the wrath of God.

No. Rather, the TERM "CHRISTIAN" is irrelevant.
That the CONVERTED IN CHRIST do not suffer the wrath of the Lamb or the wrath of God. (Regardless of what TERM they collectively call themselves.)

So...what? You're saying that they DO?

No. What I am saying is the term "CHRISTIAN" does NOT MEAN, "CONVERTED".

ALL who call themselves "Christians"...
ARE NOT Converted.

ALL who call themselves "Jews"....
ARE NOT Converted.

ALL who calle themselves "ISRAELITES"...
ARE NOT Converted.

THE "ALL" who ARE NOT SUBJECT TO the Wrath of the Lamb, AND the Wrath of God...
ARE THE "ALL";
WHO ARE CONVERTED IN CHRIST!

Are you entirely serious?

Absolutely.

A Christian can't be a Christian because a follower of Christ is not really a proper and honest follower of Christ and we can't possibly know who is true and who is genuine and who is a sneaky little weasily betrayer so everytime we talk about the "labels" at hand we need to use "Takens" approved list!
Do you know what I call someone who wants to deliberately take something out of context so they can nit-pick instead of carry on the conversation at hand? A waste of time.

Not a problem for me.
It is NOT my ORDER, WAY, "nit-picking" (as you say).
READ the Scriptures.
Jesus NEVER SPEAKS of CHRISTIANS.
Jesus EXPRESSLY SPEAKS of:
THE CONVERTED.

Matt 18
[3] And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

"IF" all whom ARE called "CHRISTIANS" ...
Are "CONVERTED"...
Then WHO EXACTLY are those Christ Followers daily, BECOMING Baptized in the Holy Spirit?

"IF" all whom Are called "CHRISTIANS" ARE "CONVERTED"...
THEN what ABOUT, Jewish men who are CONVERTED, and DO NOT call themselves "CHRISTIANS"?

No, I do NOT agree with your communications, that IMPLY, ALL Christians are Converted or that ONLY those called Christians are Convert IN Christ.

Maybe. Maybe not.
No clue "IF" you have yourself Chosen to BECOME Baptized in the HOLY SPIRIT.

Glory to God,
Taken