Under martial law for 150 years?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RubberDuckey

Mar 2, 2011
President Lincoln didn't remove martial law after the Civil war (probably because he died) and nobody removed it. Martial law (or Admiralty law) is what the government enacts when there is a national crises like another country invading us. http://home.iae.nl/u.../martiallaw.htm This webpage is a great read. America isn't as great as we once thought it was. Once they take our guns they can do anything to us.

MILITARYFLAG.JPG

archaeologist5

Mar 3, 2011
President Lincoln didn't remove martial law after the Civil war (probably because he died) and nobody removed it. Martial law (or Admiralty law) is what the government enacts when there is a national crises like another country invading us. http://home.iae.nl/u.../martiallaw.htm This webpage is a great read. America isn't as great as we once thought it was. Once they take our guns they can do anything to us.

MILITARYFLAG.JPG

christians are NOT to believe in the flag. christians come from manydifferent nations thus what someone does to the american one doesn't matter.

RubberDuckey

Mar 2, 2011
christians are NOT to believe in the flag. christians come from manydifferent nations thus what someone does to the american one doesn't matter.

The flag represents a nation that we live in and it is very important that we have a nation that does its job right. It's a becon of hope to those outside of Americia. If you are saying that I shouldn't have faith in our government, then yes; I have very little faith in our government. What do you mean by "christians come from manydifferent nations thus what someone does to the american one doesn't matter?"

Reactions: WhiteKnuckle

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The flag represents a nation that we live in and it is very important that we have a nation that does its job right. It's a becon of hope to those outside of Americia. If you are saying that I shouldn't have faith in our government, then yes; I have very little faith in our government. What do you mean by "christians come from manydifferent nations thus what someone does to the american one doesn't matter?"

The flag is indeed a beacon of hope, but what hope? Hope for free money, hope to pillage those who come to their aid in times of disaster (as in Haiti when American are thrown in prison because they can't come up with bribe money), hope to sustain dictatorial governments? In case you hadn't noticed recently, America is hated world wide, even by our supposed allies. Ever take a vacation trip to Italy and have a waiter spit in you pizza? True story.

I do wish to add that the question "christians come from manydifferent nations thus what someone does to the american one doesn't matter" be repeated. I don't understand it either.

RubberDuckey

Mar 2, 2011
The flag is indeed a beacon of hope, but what hope? Hope for free money, hope to pillage those who come to their aid in times of disaster (as in Haiti when American are thrown in prison because they can't come up with bribe money), hope to sustain dictatorial governments? In case you hadn't noticed recently, America is hated world wide, even by our supposed allies. Ever take a vacation trip to Italy and have a waiter spit in you pizza? True story.

I do wish to add that the question "christians come from manydifferent nations thus what someone does to the american one doesn't matter" be repeated. I don't understand it either.

Our government is, for the most part, evil. That's why I said we need to bring America back to its core reason of existence. Check my first post above. Ron Paul isn't sitting around whining about how bad our Country is. He is trying to turn it around. Even if he is a small fish in a big shark infested ocean!!! He even tried to repeal ObamaCare Jan 2011.

burningfire

Mar 5, 2011
Wisconsin
This country was founded on the people running the government, not the government running the people...which it has basically turned into. Many people have gotten comfortable with the government running services for us.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
I have to take issue with ideas of ignorance about our U.S. flag.

Our U.S. flag is a 'standard'. We as Christians are not to worship the flag, not that we would want to. But we are to respect it and the standard it represents.

Num 1:52
52 And the children of Israel shall pitch their tents, every man by his own camp, and every man by his own standard, throughout their hosts.
(KJV)

Isa 49:22
22 Thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, I will lift up Mine hand to the Gentiles, and set up My standard to the people: and they shall bring thy sons in their arms, and thy daughters shall be carried upon their shoulders.
(KJV)

The idea of a flag ("standard") is very Biblical. It serves as a symbol.

Our U.S. flag stands for the foundation of 13 original colonies, and 50 states. It also stands for something very Biblical involving prophecy about God's people.

The number 50 is the Biblical number for Jubilee (Leviticus 25). The 50th year was to be a Jubilee in Israel, and liberty was to be proclaimed throughout the land. Those who had debts or had sold themselves into slavery were released of their debts and set at liberty. Lands were returned to their original family owners.

The whole idea of Jubliee is about freedom. Freedom from bondage to other men, whether debts or slavery. It was a chance to start anew. It prevented the creating of social classes and struggles from it.

The 13 bars on the flag also represents something very important in Bible prophecy dealing with God's people and Salvation to the Gentiles.

So... that's what our U.S. standard is really about. It is a 'standard' about FREEDOM, and especially represents all those who have died in keeping The United States of America free, just so peoples from other nations who come here can also experience FREEDOM that God wants His people to enjoy. Not only that, but also many U.S. citizens have sacrificed their lives for OTHER countries and peoples so they might also enjoy God's liberty and freedom in their 'own' countries! (Your welcome Germany; your welcome Japan; your welcome Philippines; your welcome Hati; your welcome Britain; your welcome Italy; your welcome France and thank you France for helping us; your welcome Belguim; your welcome Netherlands; your welcome Poland; your welcome South Korea; your welcome Thailand; your welcome Taiwan; and any others I may have forgotten).

Though evil men in the U.S. try to prevent that freedom which God established among His people in the original 13 Colonies of America, as a whole the U.S. is still one of the most free nations on earth, if not the most free. That's why so many of the nations almost die trying to get in.

That's what the Standard of The United States of America represents as a symbol.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I have to take issue with ideas of ignorance about our U.S. flag.

Our U.S. flag is a 'standard'. We as Christians are not to worship the flag, not that we would want to. But we are to respect it and the standard it represents.

Nevertheless it IS worshipped by religious and secular alike. The level of acceptable militarism in America is astonishing. There hasn't been anything like it since the Nazification of Germany in the 1930's.

I agree with your statement that Christians ought not worship the flag OR PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO IT. Our only allegiance is to Christ and for most of the history of America men lived and died in service to the nation without having to pledge their allegiance to a piece of cloth.

Num 1:52
52 And the children of Israel shall pitch their tents, every man by his own camp, and every man by his own standard, throughout their hosts.
(KJV)

Isa 49:22
22 Thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, I will lift up Mine hand to the Gentiles, and set up My standard to the people: and they shall bring thy sons in their arms, and thy daughters shall be carried upon their shoulders.
(KJV)

The idea of a flag ("standard") is very Biblical. It serves as a symbol.

It's in the Bible, but no Biblical standard required allegiance. In point of fact, the scriptures you referenced were purely organizational. The 'standards' or flags were used to denote where each tribe was to assemble during times of peace and times of war. Especially war. Standards are used during war to organize and orchestrate military action.

Our U.S. flag stands for the foundation of 13 original colonies, and 50 states. It also stands for something very Biblical involving prophecy about God's people.

Now we are assuming that the flag has prophetic properties and that it has the same quality as scripture?
This is absolutely wrong.

If you want to draw parallels and use a diagram to explain Biblical matters, why not use one you've drawn yourself or one from a scholarly text? Using the flag as a Bible study is offensive, inaccurate and unChristian. What about other Christian countries? Is their flag wrong? What about Israel? Is their flag wrong because it isn't American. This business of using the American flag as a Bible study is absolutely disgusting and nothing less than rubbish.
So... that's what our U.S. standard is really about. It is a 'standard' about FREEDOM, and especially represents all those who have died in keeping The United States of America free, just so peoples from other nations who come here can also experience FREEDOM that God wants His people to enjoy. Not only that, but also many U.S. citizens have sacrificed their lives for OTHER countries and peoples so they might also enjoy God's liberty and freedom in their 'own' countries! (Your welcome Germany; your welcome Japan; your welcome Philippines; your welcome Hati; your welcome Britain; your welcome Italy; your welcome France and thank you France for helping us; your welcome Belguim; your welcome Netherlands; your welcome Poland; your welcome South Korea; your welcome Thailand; your welcome Taiwan; and any others I may have forgotten).

Though evil men in the U.S. try to prevent that freedom which God established among His people in the original 13 Colonies of America, as a whole the U.S. is still one of the most free nations on earth, if not the most free. That's why so many of the nations almost die trying to get in.

That's what the Standard of The United States of America represents as a symbol.

It is NOT ABOUT FREEDOM. It has NEVER been about freedom. First and foremost, there is no such thing as freedom. Freedom is a word that's used by marketing folks to sell stuff on national holidays, like free checking accounts at your local bank. The accounts aren't free and neither is the sweetner you put in your coffee 'free' of stuff that will harm you. Freedom is the most misunderstood word in America.

What the republic was supposed to be about was LIBERTY. Nobody knows what that word means any more because liberty has evaporated from this land like ice in July. Liberty was supposed to mean a lack of governmental restrictions; upon our religion, upon our property, upon our ability to speak and to come and go, and upon our desire to make a good life for ourselves.

Today there is little LIBERTY and what small amount that's left is being eroded daily. Can we pray in public as we once did? Can we pray in school as we once did (and we wonder why our educational system is a joke)? Are we able to even have a voice in government any more or has it devolved into an impotent bunch of elected officials and a general population that participates in nothing more than pointless bickering? The Democratic and Republican parties are nothing more than two heads of the same snake. No election EVER results in change. EVER. The Pentagon is now a second government and is beyond civilian control. The president has only limited influence over domestic policy. The congress is little more than a rubber stamp for financial demands of the bankers and the generals. The courts are very busy whittling away at our rights. The general population of America is more interested in the latest mischief of Charlie Sheen and Lindsay Lohan than the condition of our country. Liberty? Nobody cares what it is, what happened to it or even what it means.

THE FLAG of the general government is now owned and operated by the Pentagon, by the international corporations and by financiers. It has become a symbol for the population's militaristic attitude, endless war and the subversion of our religious AND MORAL way of life. It has become a symbol for repression. That's why it has been burned abroad in protests and why it's illegal to burn it at home. How can you respect a piece of cloth when you can be arrested for mistreating it in protest? The flag now has more rights than we do. Is this a godly situation or one created by a government that DOES NOT deserve our allegiance?

The only real personal solution is to return to Christ WHO ALONE deserves our allegiance, honor and respect.
OUR RIGHTS ARE GIVEN TO US BY GOD - not a limited license granted by an uncontrollable government.

The only real political solution is secession from the bloated and corrupt general government whose purpose is to usurp it's power and steal our liberty.

And when all Israel saw that the king hearkened not unto them, the people answered the king, saying, What portion have we in David? neither have we inheritance in the son of Jesse: to your tents, O Israel: now see to thine own house, David. So Israel departed unto their tents.
1Ki 12:16