Understanding the Prophecy of 70 Weeks

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The weeds and the riddles are deep--on purpose.

Most interpretations are from the weeds. But one interpretation is true and was also given by Daniel, which God gave in the beginning, which Daniel then equated his riddled prophecy to in these more basic terms (without all the rabbit holes and interpretations of men):

"For a time, times, and half a time" Daniel 7:25...and then the finish: "when the power of the holy people has been completely shattered, all these things shall be finished." Daniel 12:7

Do all speak with tongues? Do all interpret?

Last edited:
Reactions: David in NJ

Dave Watchman

May 14, 2017
Patmos
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have our own.

שָׁבֻעִים/seventy שִׁבְעִים/seventy

The vowel points added later. From the memorization of men who were gifted to accurately memorize long passages of oral readings, men called choyzers. Common in olden times, when there was no other way to accurately record speeches and readings. Daniel's original Hebrew was written as Seventy Seventy.

An outlier may be due to a variability in the measurement, an indication of novel data, or it may be the result of experimental error; the latter are sometimes excluded from the data set. An outlier can be an indication of exciting possibility, but can also cause serious problems in statistical analyses.

An exciting possibility? Not only are there two sets of seventy weeks, based on multiple decrees to restore and to rebuild Jerusalem, but we are nearing the end of the second set of 70 weeks, and nearing the end of it's last heptad.

All it means is that there's two separate sets of seventy weeks. There's two separate visitations of Messiah, so there's two countdowns of 70 weeks that will predict His Arrival. So the sentences in verse 27 must be happening in our end times now.

The first set of seventy weeks was from 457 BC, to 34 AD. That was verse 26:

“And after the sixty-two weeks​
Messiah shall be cut off, but not for Himself;​
And the people of the prince who is to come​
Shall destroy the city and the sanctuary.​
The end of it shall be with a flood,​
And till the end of the war desolations are determined.​

And that's the completion of the first century narrative, distinguished by occurring AFTER the 62 weeks. The second set of seventy weeks is a reverse mirror image of the first with the 7 weeks occurring after the 62, as Isaac Newton suggested it would.

"Know also and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to cause to return and to build Jerusalem, unto the Anointed the Prince, shall be seven weeks. The former part of the Prophecy related to the first coming of Christ, being dated to his coming as a Prophet; this being dated to his coming to be Prince or King, seems to relate to his second coming. There, the Prophet was consummate, and the most holy anointed: here, he that was anointed comes to be Prince and to reign. For Daniel's Prophecies reach to the end of the world; and there is scarce a Prophecy in the Old Testament concerning Christ, which doth not in something or other relate to his second coming. If divers of the antients, as [g] Irenaeus, [h] Julius Africanus, Hippolytus the martyr, and Apollinaris Bishop of Laodicea, applied the half week to the times of Antichrist; why may not we, by the same liberty of interpretation, apply the seven weeks to the time when Antichrist shall be destroyed by the brightness of Christ's coming?​
"This part of the Prophecy being therefore not yet fulfilled, I shall not attempt a particular interpretation of it, but content myself with observing, that as the seventy and the sixty two weeks were Jewish weeks, ending with sabbatical years; so the seven weeks are the compass of a Jubilee, and begin and end with actions proper for a Jubilee, and of the highest nature for which a Jubilee can be kept: and that since the commandment to return and to build Jerusalem, precedes the Messiah the Prince 49 years; it may perhaps come forth not from the Jews themselves, but from some other kingdom friendly to them, and precede their return from captivity, and give occasion to it; and lastly, that this rebuilding of Jerusalem and the waste places of Judah is predicted in Micah 7:11, Amos 9:11, 14, Ezek. 36:33, 35, 36, 38, Isa. 54:3, 11, 12; 55:12, 61:4; 65:18, 21, 22, and Tobit 14:5 and that the return from captivity and coming of the Messiah and his kingdom are described in Daniel 7, Rev. 19, Acts 1, Matt. 24, Joel 3, Ezek. 36, 37, Isa. 60, 62, 63, 65 and 66 and many other places of scripture. The manner I know not. Let time be the Interpreter.​

The second set of seventy weeks was from 1535, confirmed by Levi Eshkol in 1969, and ending in January 2025. This is the verse 27 which we are in now:

"Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week;​
But in the middle of the week​
He shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering.​
And on the wing of abominations shall be one who makes desolate,​
Even until the consummation, which is determined,​
Is poured out on the desolate.”​

Jesus is confirming this covenant in the "seven" which we are in now. This is the judgment of the living, including the mark of the beast and the sealing of the Servants of God, which must be completed before He Appears. This was the power which was given to His Two Witnesses, the Holy Spirit inspired Bible.

The "many" are all the people set to be resurrected, and all the people alive right now prior to Christ's Appearance. The covenant must be something more, something bigger than just the Jews.

I'm reading the Adamic Covenant. Not explicitly referred to as a covenant in Genesis, but it is a significant promise that God makes to mankind. It is the first promise of redemption and the first promise of Christ’s Coming. God is already giving us hope of a Redeemer. Genesis 3:15 is sometimes referred to as the protevangelium, the first announcement of the Gospel in Scripture.

God’s promise to Eve that the seed of the serpent would bruise the heel of the seed of Eve and the seed of Eve would bruise the head of the seed of the serpent, is the foretelling that Satan would wound Christ on the cross, but that Christ would triumph over Satan on that same cross. And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will kill with the breath of his mouth and bring to nothing by the appearance of His Coming.

Jesus brought an end to sacrifice and offering with the casting down of the censer in Revelation 8 half way into 2021. I hesitate to speculate what this means for the judgment of the living now.

We are living now in the wing of multiple abominations, mass murders, abortions, same sex marriage, gender discovery clinics and lawlessness, approaching even the consummation.

Moshe Cohen in Israel calls the first 70 in Daniel the 70 years in Babylon. But it's not. He also makes the same mistake as others who try to add 70 to the recapture of Jerusalem and get something like 2036 or 2037. There's no scriptural basis for doing that. It wasn't the recapture of Jerusalem in 1967, it was Levi's command to restore the Old City of Jerusalem in 1969, which he would have been aware occurred 434 years, or 62 weeks, from the Ottoman decree in 1535. No chance that was an accident.

Interesting note that there is one Christian translation that reads: "Seventy seventy were divided upon thy people. The Julia Evelina Smith Parker Translation 1876.

Julia E. Smith Translation 1876 Textus Receptus Bibles

I can't think of a more exciting possibility that we could be this close to the greatest event in the history of mankind. But like Newton said, "Let time be the Interpreter.

Peaceful Sabbath.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It would appear you've won the internet sir.

It's not even close.

It's happening now.

Peaceful Sabbath.

The Daniel 9:27 verse about the final 70th week has nothing to do with the day when Jesus was crucified. That verse has absolutely nothing to do with Jesus at all. I agree that Jesus made no covenant for that symbolic "one week".

Those who are trying to place the final 70th week back to the time of Jesus' Ministry and death are doing that in a vain attempt to push their 'kingdom now' ideas, when instead Jesus said His kingdom is not of this world, meaning not of this present 2nd world earth age which is reserved unto destruction. There is a certain faction of Satan's host on earth today that have sought their own power by claiming Jesus' kingdom is established on earth already, and that He is already reigning over the earth today, and that they are put in care by Him to carry it out.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who are the "many"?

What is the "covenant"?

For one week.

One whole week?

Or a half a week?

Jesus died on April 7, 30 AD. That was in the middle of a week. After He was resurrected, He visited with people for 40 days, then He ascended back to heaven.

He didn't confirm a covenant with many for a half a week, plus 40 days.

"Heaven must receive him until the time comes for God to restore everything, as he promised long ago through his holy prophets.​

Are you saying that He came back after He ascended, and did something else to complete that week up until 34 AD that would be somehow confirming a covenant with many to complete the heptad at that time?

Or is: "Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week; not a whole week of seven years?

Peaceful Sabbath.
Daniel 9:27 is a week of days. Revelation 10 explains that week as the days of the sounding of the 7th Trumpet. The many include all humans still alive on the earth when the 7th Trumpet sounds.

The last 7 years would be Messiah the Prince. But the Prince part was to come after the Messiah part was cut off. 3.5 years as Messiah. Then a Second Coming as 3.5 years as a Prince.

Jesus Himself is the 70th week, but the confirmation of the Covenant only takes place during the days of the sounding of the 7th Trumpet.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Daniel 9:27 is a week of days.
Not correct, Dan.9:27 symbolic "one week" equals a period of 7 years. The actual time representation in the Hebrew is just with the idea of periods of 'sevens', not referring to the idea of days or weeks.

If that symbolic "one week" just meant 7 days, instead of years, then it would mean the previous 69 weeks were just 483 days after the command to rebuild Jerusalem and the temple went forth.

Revelation 10 explains that week as the days of the sounding of the 7th Trumpet. The many include all humans still alive on the earth when the 7th Trumpet sounds.
Completely irrelevant, since the final "one week" of Daniel 9:27 is about a period of 7 years, in which that 7 year period is divided into two ea. 1260 day periods. So the total number of 'days' for that "one week" is actually 2, 250 days. The 7th Trumpet does not sound until that whole "one week" period is completed.

The last 7 years would be Messiah the Prince. But the Prince part was to come after the Messiah part was cut off. 3.5 years as Messiah. Then a Second Coming as 3.5 years as a Prince.

Jesus Himself is the 70th week, but the confirmation of the Covenant only takes place during the days of the sounding of the 7th Trumpet.
That symbolic "one week" has absolutely NOTHING to do with Messiah, The Christ, Jesus of Nazareth which the unbelieving Jews today STILL reject.

The Daniel 9:27 verse is specifically about the ending of future sacrifices in Jerusalem by the orthodox Jews. And then in the middle of that "one week" period, the false one will place the ABOMINATION IDOL that will cause SPIRITUAL DESOLATION of the new 3rd Temple in Jerusalem the orthodox Jews are planning to build today. That working has NOTHING to do with Lord Jesus Christ at all! Those who came up with that false doctrine are the unbelieving Jews, and they have passed that LIE on to certain congregations that claim to be on Jesus Christ, which I will not mention.

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Christ was never anointed because it was never about being anointed by the HS but about being anointed as king and Messiah of Israel as most kings were like Saul and David were, and that never happened.
"For to us a Child is born, to us a Son is given; and the government shall be on His shoulder; and His name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

There is no end of the increase of His government and peace on the throne of David, and on His kingdom, to order it and to establish it with judgment and with justice from now on, even forever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will do this." -- Daniel 9:6-7

"And the angel said to her, Do not fear, Mary, for you have found favor with God. And behold! You shall conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you shall call His name JESUS.

He shall be great and shall be called the Son of the Highest. And the Lord God shall give Him the throne of His father David. And He shall reign over the house of David forever, and of His kingdom there shall be no end." -- Luke 1:30-33

"And they put up over His head His accusation, written, THIS IS JESUS THE KING OF THE JEWS."-- Matthew 27:37

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Who are the "many"?

What is the "covenant"?

For one week.

One whole week?

Or a half a week?

Jesus died on April 7, 30 AD. That was in the middle of a week. After He was resurrected, He visited with people for 40 days, then He ascended back to heaven.

He didn't confirm a covenant with many for a half a week, plus 40 days.

"Heaven must receive him until the time comes for God to restore everything, as he promised long ago through his holy prophets.​

Are you saying that He came back after He ascended, and did something else to complete that week up until 34 AD that would be somehow confirming a covenant with many to complete the heptad at that time?

Or is: "Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week; not a whole week of seven years?

Peaceful Sabbath.
It's written in Hebrew. The Hebrew word sabua (week) is not preceded with any qualification like in the English translation which says for one week. The Hebrew text does not imply that He will take one whole week or the entire week to confirm the covenant - it tells us that He will confirm the covenant during one of the weeks, and the text makes it obvious that it's during the final week, and it tells us when He will confirm the covenant during that week - in the midst of that week, and this is the covenant:

"Behold, the days come, says the LORD, that I will cut a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah" (Jeremiah 31:31)

"For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for MANY for the remission of sins." (Matthew 26:28).

Daniel 9:27 "And he shall confirm a covenant with MANY for one week. And in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the offering to cease, and for the overspreading wings (Hebrew: kanaph) of abominations he shall make it (the city and the sanctuary) desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate." (Daniel 9:27).

Causing the system of sacrifice and offering for sins to cease:

Isaiah 1:11-17

"To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices to Me? says the LORD; I am full of the burnt offerings of rams, and the fat of fed beasts; and I do not delight in the blood of bulls, or of lambs, or of he-goats.

When you come to appear before Me, who has required this at your hand, to trample My courts?

Bring no more vain sacrifice; incense is an abomination to Me; the new moon and sabbath, the going to meeting; I cannot endure evil and the assembly! Your new moons and your appointed feasts My soul hates; they are a trouble to Me; I am weary to bear them.

Hebrews 10:8-10
"Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;

Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second. By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all."

"..and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate."
(Daniel 9:27b).

Because,

Hebrews 10:3-7
But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again of sins every year. For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins. Therefore when He comes into the world, He says, "Sacrifice and offering You did not desire, but You have prepared a body for Me. In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin You have had no pleasure. Then I said, Lo, I come ( in the volume of the Book it is written of Me) to do Your will, O God."

And so He fulfilled everything that was prophesied:

Subject: The coming of the Messiah.
Timing: 70 weeks from a certain point in time.
Purpose: To make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
Determined upon: Thy people and thy holy city.​

Last edited:

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
All it means is that there's two separate sets of seventy weeks. There's two separate visitations of Messiah, so there's two countdowns of 70 weeks that will predict His Arrival. So the sentences in verse 27 must be happening in our end times now.

The first set of seventy weeks was from 457 BC, to 34 AD. That was verse 26:

“And after the sixty-two weeks​
Messiah shall be cut off, but not for Himself;​
And the people of the prince who is to come​
Shall destroy the city and the sanctuary.​
The end of it shall be with a flood,​
And till the end of the war desolations are determined.​

And that's the completion of the first century narrative, distinguished by occurring AFTER the 62 weeks. The second set of seventy weeks is a reverse mirror image of the first with the 7 weeks occurring after the 62, as Isaac Newton suggested it would.

"Know also and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to cause to return and to build Jerusalem, unto the Anointed the Prince, shall be seven weeks. The former part of the Prophecy related to the first coming of Christ, being dated to his coming as a Prophet; this being dated to his coming to be Prince or King, seems to relate to his second coming. There, the Prophet was consummate, and the most holy anointed: here, he that was anointed comes to be Prince and to reign. For Daniel's Prophecies reach to the end of the world; and there is scarce a Prophecy in the Old Testament concerning Christ, which doth not in something or other relate to his second coming. If divers of the antients, as [g] Irenaeus, [h] Julius Africanus, Hippolytus the martyr, and Apollinaris Bishop of Laodicea, applied the half week to the times of Antichrist; why may not we, by the same liberty of interpretation, apply the seven weeks to the time when Antichrist shall be destroyed by the brightness of Christ's coming?​
"This part of the Prophecy being therefore not yet fulfilled, I shall not attempt a particular interpretation of it, but content myself with observing, that as the seventy and the sixty two weeks were Jewish weeks, ending with sabbatical years; so the seven weeks are the compass of a Jubilee, and begin and end with actions proper for a Jubilee, and of the highest nature for which a Jubilee can be kept: and that since the commandment to return and to build Jerusalem, precedes the Messiah the Prince 49 years; it may perhaps come forth not from the Jews themselves, but from some other kingdom friendly to them, and precede their return from captivity, and give occasion to it; and lastly, that this rebuilding of Jerusalem and the waste places of Judah is predicted in Micah 7:11, Amos 9:11, 14, Ezek. 36:33, 35, 36, 38, Isa. 54:3, 11, 12; 55:12, 61:4; 65:18, 21, 22, and Tobit 14:5 and that the return from captivity and coming of the Messiah and his kingdom are described in Daniel 7, Rev. 19, Acts 1, Matt. 24, Joel 3, Ezek. 36, 37, Isa. 60, 62, 63, 65 and 66 and many other places of scripture. The manner I know not. Let time be the Interpreter.​

The second set of seventy weeks was from 1535, confirmed by Levi Eshkol in 1969, and ending in January 2025. This is the verse 27 which we are in now:

But in the middle of the week​
He shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering.​
And on the wing of abominations shall be one who makes desolate,​
Even until the consummation, which is determined,​
Is poured out on the desolate.”​

Jesus is confirming this covenant in the "seven" which we are in now. This is the judgment of the living, including the mark of the beast and the sealing of the Servants of God, which must be completed before He Appears. This was the power which was given to His Two Witnesses, the Holy Spirit inspired Bible.

The "many" are all the people set to be resurrected, and all the people alive right now prior to Christ's Appearance. The covenant must be something more, something bigger than just the Jews.

I'm reading the Adamic Covenant. Not explicitly referred to as a covenant in Genesis, but it is a significant promise that God makes to mankind. It is the first promise of redemption and the first promise of Christ’s Coming. God is already giving us hope of a Redeemer. Genesis 3:15 is sometimes referred to as the protevangelium, the first announcement of the Gospel in Scripture.

God’s promise to Eve that the seed of the serpent would bruise the heel of the seed of Eve and the seed of Eve would bruise the head of the seed of the serpent, is the foretelling that Satan would wound Christ on the cross, but that Christ would triumph over Satan on that same cross. And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will kill with the breath of his mouth and bring to nothing by the appearance of His Coming.

Jesus brought an end to sacrifice and offering with the casting down of the censer in Revelation 8 half way into 2021. I hesitate to speculate what this means for the judgment of the living now.

We are living now in the wing of multiple abominations, mass murders, abortions, same sex marriage, gender discovery clinics and lawlessness, approaching even the consummation.

Moshe Cohen in Israel calls the first 70 in Daniel the 70 years in Babylon. But it's not. He also makes the same mistake as others who try to add 70 to the recapture of Jerusalem and get something like 2036 or 2037. There's no scriptural basis for doing that. It wasn't the recapture of Jerusalem in 1967, it was Levi's command to restore the Old City of Jerusalem in 1969, which he would have been aware occurred 434 years, or 62 weeks, from the Ottoman decree in 1535. No chance that was an accident.

Interesting note that there is one Christian translation that reads: "Seventy seventy were divided upon thy people. The Julia Evelina Smith Parker Translation 1876.

Julia E. Smith Translation 1876 Textus Receptus Bibles

I can't think of a more exciting possibility that we could be this close to the greatest event in the history of mankind. But like Newton said, "Let time be the Interpreter.

Peaceful Sabbath.
The greatest event in the history of mankind was the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead nearly 2,000 years ago.

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
This is what was doctrine till the Jesuits came up with these false doctrines of Futurism and Preterism, to deflect the Reformation and its clear view of the antichrist as the Papacy, so need to check and see what history shows.
I think we should stop telling ourselves we've fallen for one or the other conspiracy theory if we read the scriptures ourselves and form a conclusion. @Randy Kluth takes a historicist view of the Olivet Discourse based on what he sees when he reads and studies it, and I take a futurist view.

I never went to any Jesuit to learn the futurist view. I just noticed that what Jesus said in the temple about its coming destruction (and repeated to His disciples just outside them temple), is not what He opened with after He sat down on the Mount of Olives, despite the disciples' question about the temple in Jerusalem which Jesus had said would be destroyed.​

LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION

"Every day Jesus was teaching in the temple courts, but at night he went and stayed on the Mount of Olives." (Luke 21:37).

"The Olivet Discourse" derives it's name from Jesus' location when He said the things He said during a time when He was seated on the Mount of Olives after coming out of the temple in Jerusalem.

Jesus' statement regarding the coming destruction of the temple was made to the scribes and Pharisees NOT while Jesus was seated on the Mount of Olives, but while He was in the temple, and to His disciples just outside the temple.​

Audience: scribes and Pharisees.
Subject: The coming destruction of the city and the temple.

Note: Chapter and verse divisions were only added to the text of the Bible in 1227 A.D. The following is the text of Matthew 23:37 to Matthew 24:3, without the chapter and verse divisions. In Matthew's gospel, Jesus introduces the subject of the destruction of the city and temple by opening with an announcement regarding the woe that was to come upon the scribes and Pharisees (Matt.23:13-38).

"Now as Jesus was going out of the temple courts and walking away, his disciples came to show him the temple buildings.

And he said to them, "

Do you see all these things?

I tell you the truth, not one stone will be left on another. All will be torn down!" (Matt.24:1-2).​

NEW LOCATION, NEW AUDIENCE, AND A NEW SUBJECT INTRODUCED BY JESUS

After coming out of the temple Jesus then walked down the mountain, and crossed through the Kidron Valley to the Mount of Olives (which is opposite the Temple Mount), walked to the top, and sat down after reaching the top. Hence Matthew's gospel very clearly divides what Jesus said:

(a) Inside the temple (Matthew 23); then
(b) Just outside the temple (Matthew 24:1-2); and then
(c) On the Mount of Olives (Matthew 24:3 onward).​

THE FIRST SUBJECT JESUS SPOKE ABOUT ON THE MOUNT OF OLIVES

Jesus' disciples asked Him about the temple in Jerusalem, regarding which He had said that not one stone would be left upon another that would not be thrown down - but when He began to reply - and this is the first thing Jesus is recorded as having said after sitting down on the Mount of Olives - instead of answering their question about that temple, Jesus opens His answer by telling them about the tribulation that the living stones of the New Testament Temple were going to experience:

synoptic 1.png

synoptic 2.png
synoptic 3.png

Last edited:

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think we should stop telling ourselves we've fallen for one or the other conspiracy theory if we read the scriptures ourselves and form a conclusion. @Randy Kluth takes a historicist view of the Olivet Discourse based on what he sees when he reads and studies it, and I take a futurist view.​
Yep, I consider myself a futurist with respect to the coming of Antichrist and the restoration of Israel at the 2nd Coming. But in my view, the Abomination of Desolation was fulfilled in history, in 66-70 AD. This is also how the Church Fathers viewed it. Except for just a few Church Fathers, they all believed the 70 Weeks was fulfilled in the time of Christ's 1st Coming.
"The Olivet Discourse" derives it's name from Jesus' location when He said the things He said during a time when He was seated on the Mount of Olives after coming out of the temple in Jerusalem.​
I don't think you can build a substantial case for your view based on the idea that part of Jesus' discourse was in the temple and part was on the Mt. of Olives. This was all in close proximity, and the pronouncement Jesus made about the destruction of the temple was earth-shattering.

But you're welcome to see it any way you see fit. I have no problem with you sticking by your convictions.

Reactions: Zao is life

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"For to us a Child is born, to us a Son is given; and the government shall be on His shoulder; and His name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

There is no end of the increase of His government and peace on the throne of David, and on His kingdom, to order it and to establish it with judgment and with justice from now on, even forever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will do this." -- Daniel 9:6-7

"And the angel said to her, Do not fear, Mary, for you have found favor with God. And behold! You shall conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you shall call His name JESUS.

He shall be great and shall be called the Son of the Highest. And the Lord God shall give Him the throne of His father David. And He shall reign over the house of David forever, and of His kingdom there shall be no end." -- Luke 1:30-33

"And they put up over His head His accusation, written, THIS IS JESUS THE KING OF THE JEWS."-- Matthew 27:37
Exactly! and those prophecies will come true when Israel performs the last three items of Dan. 9:24. It's called the throne of David for a reason. Just as Israel accepted King David as the anointed of God, so will they one day accept and anoint King Jesus over the nation of Israel!

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not correct, Dan.9:27 symbolic "one week" equals a period of 7 years. The actual time representation in the Hebrew is just with the idea of periods of 'sevens', not referring to the idea of days or weeks.

If that symbolic "one week" just meant 7 days, instead of years, then it would mean the previous 69 weeks were just 483 days after the command to rebuild Jerusalem and the temple went forth.
It does not have to be years. It is not even called the 70th week. That verse is the prophecy about the 7th Trumpet and is explained in the book of Revelation. The 7th Trumpet would not cover 7 years, although some have made that assumption.

You are the one claiming it does not have to have an idea of days or years. Why do you need an either or scenario? You have no more right to call it 7 years than your claim it cannot be 7 days. Context and Scripture interprets these verses, not just because you say so.

Dave Watchman

May 14, 2017
Patmos
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's written in Hebrew. The Hebrew word sabua (week) is not preceded with any qualification like in the English translation which says for one week. The Hebrew text does not imply that He will take one whole week or the entire week to confirm the covenant - it tells us that He will confirm the covenant during one of the weeks, and the text makes it obvious that it's during the final week, and it tells us when He will confirm the covenant during that week - in the midst of that week, and this is the covenant:
I'm told by another Hebrew guy Daniel just said "week", one week. Those vowel points being added later. "From the memorization of men who were gifted to accurately memorize long passages of oral readings, men called choyzers.
But these translations are not what this all hinges on. There has to be a final full and complete 70th week, or it wouldn't be a week. There's other ancillary evidence which points to this week having to be happening now, and the specifications being completed, just prior to Christ's Second Appearance. Because when He appears, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
"Behold, the days come, says the LORD, that I will cut a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah" (Jeremiah 31:31)
Sorry man, you're on the wrong covenant. Jesus is not coming back to start up the house of Israel, and the house of Judah again. They are just over there holding up the sign right now that reads: "Jesus is coming soon". They're only over there to issue the command in 1969 to rebuild the Old City of Jerusalem.

This falls into the category of: "To seal up vision and prophecy.

To Seal Both Vision and Prophet.

God had three prophets in operation at the same time. Daniel, Ezekiel and Jeremiah. Three prophets prophesying, but He was giving them two different end time narratives, Everything would hinge on Israel's behaviour during the 70 weeks, and especially the first half of the 70th week.. 70 weeks were determined, 70 weeks were "chawthak" or cut off. It really was Old Israel's one last and final chance:
  • to finish the transgression,
  • to put an end to sin,
  • to atone for iniquity,
  • to bring in everlasting righteousness,
  • to seal both vision and prophet,
  • to anoint a most holy place.
It was in their midst. All that they would have had to do was to accept their Messiah. It's why John the Baptist was always saying that the Kingdom of God was at hand. Because it really was at hand right then and there. If the Old Time Jews would have cooperated and accepted their Messiah it would have been a completely different world right now. Daniel would have remained forever sealed, Revelation would have never been written. We would have built Ezekiel's Temple sometime in the middle ages.

The original plan was for the Jews to accept their Messiah, then Jesus would have began the Kingdom of God on earth right away because it really was "at hand" at that time. John the Baptist would not have died the way that he did, "lest I come and strike the land with a decree of utter destruction". Jesus would have sent disciples out from Jerusalem to invite anyone who wanted to be saved to come and live there in the Kingdom of God in the 1st century. The good news of the Kingdom of God would have travelled far and fast. Jerusalem would have eventually grown to such a huge population that it's walls could no longer contain it.

Then, after some time, Satan in the guise of Gog Magog would attempt to attack the unwalled Holy City but Jesus would destroy him and his army where they stood and we would spend the next seven years burying them and burning their wooden weapons. And the wolf would lay down with the lamb and we could watch an infant stick his hand into a viper's den while we built Ezekiel's Temple. Jesus' 1st century disciples would have never had to ask:

“Lord, will you at this time restore the kingdom to Israel?”​

It would have been happening right before their eyes.

But now instead, Paul gets knocked off his horse, the NT and Revelation gets written, Daniel gets unsealed for the final generation, we get an end time Babylon, an end time Antichrist, mark of the beast, two witnesses of 144,000, Jesus makes His second Visitation and we have a brand New Jerusalem with an end time variation on Gog Magog.

Does this describe how the crucifixion occurred?:

Him Whom They Have Pierced

“And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and pleas for mercy, so that, when they look on me, on him whom they have pierced, they shall mourn for him, as one mourns for an only child, and weep bitterly over him, as one weeps over a firstborn. On that day the mourning in Jerusalem will be as great as the mourning for Hadad-rimmon in the plain of Megiddo. The land shall mourn, each family by itself: the family of the house of David by itself, and their wives by themselves; the family of the house of Nathan by itself, and their wives by themselves; the family of the house of Levi by itself, and their wives by themselves; the family of the Shimeites by itself, and their wives by themselves; and all the families that are left, each by itself, and their wives by themselves.​

Or is this describing the original method of how Jesus would have been sacrificed as the Lamb if humanity had not turned Him over to the enemy? I don't remember too many of those tribes weeping very hard. Just mostly His family and close friends.

But what is Israel doing over there now?

Why did they become a nation again in 1948?

It's looking to me like everything that has taken place in the world since 1535 has been so that Israel would become a nation again in 1948. The Ottoman empire, WW1, WW2, 1948 and all the trees. But the one and the only reason for all this to happen was so that Israel could recapture Jerusalem in 1967 `and then in 1969 create a reason for the Knesset to make an official decree to "restore and build Jerusalem". It's all about Jerusalem, and the two modern day decrees to restore and rebuild.

"Know therefore and understand that from the going out of the word to restore and build Jerusalem to the coming of an anointed one, a prince, there shall be seven weeks.​

This was written 2600 years ago and at that time there may not have been a second coming required. The Jews might have redeemed the 70 weeks in the first century. Jesus would have come one time only and never ascended back to heaven, making a second coming unnecessary. Daniel 9 had to be written in such a way to include both the primary visitation of Jesus AND the possibility of a secondary visitation in a compact and simultaneous fashion.
Causing the system of sacrifice and offering for sins to cease:

Isaiah 1:11-17

"To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices to Me? says the LORD; I am full of the burnt offerings of rams, and the fat of fed beasts; and I do not delight in the blood of bulls, or of lambs, or of he-goats.

When you come to appear before Me, who has required this at your hand, to trample My courts?

Bring no more vain sacrifice; incense is an abomination to Me; the new moon and sabbath, the going to meeting; I cannot endure evil and the assembly! Your new moons and your appointed feasts My soul hates; they are a trouble to Me; I am weary to bear them.
Remember when God was telling Moses to make sure that he built the temple according to the plan that was shown him on the mountain?

"See to it that you make everything according to the pattern shown you on the mountain."​

That's because it was an exact pattern of the one in heaven's temple. If there were to be an alter of incense and a golden censer of coals in the Israelite temple, the exact same items must exist in the true tent in heaven.

Whatever the detail and purpose of this service in heaven's temple, I hesitate to speculate, it came to an end in Revelation 8:

"Then I saw the seven angels who stand before God, and seven trumpets were given to them. And another angel came and stood at the altar with a golden censer, and he was given much incense to offer with the prayers of all the saints on the golden altar before the throne, and the smoke of the incense, with the prayers of the saints, rose before God from the hand of the angel. Then the angel took the censer and filled it with fire from the altar and threw it on the earth, and there were peals of thunder, rumblings, flashes of lightning, and an earthquake.​

When the angel took that censer "and threw it on the earth", that is the end of that service. I read it like a sense of righteous indignation. It reminds me of when Moses threw the 10 commandments at the children of Israel.

(27: But in the middle of the week
He shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering.)

If I am correct about where we are in this last heptad of 70 weeks, this would have been taking place mid point through 2021. Those last few sentences in Daniel 9 from the verse 27 on down must be things that are happening now.
The greatest event in the history of mankind was the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead nearly 2,000 years ago.
I hear you on this, Amen.

But lets check back on your opinion when the saints from all of history are resurrected, then we who are alive and remain will join them to illuminate the stratosphere, and all the tribes remaining on earth will mourn at the sign of the Son of Man.

Arthur81

Jul 9, 2023
Tampa, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ALL SIX POINTS OF DAN 9:24 were fulfilled within the 490 years, which ended in the 1st century. They were fulfilled in Christ and the body of Christ, the temple of God. I'll stay with God's word on that rather than the schemes of men.

To finish the transgression:
(rebellion will be stopped) REB
(BDB - rebellion against individuals, nation or God)
(finish or restrain) ASV marg
"She will bear a son, and you are to name him Jesus, for he will save his people from their sins.” (Matt 1:21 NRSV)
"He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil." (1John 3:8 KJV)
"So you also must consider yourselves dead to sin and alive to God in Christ Jesus. Therefore, do not let sin exercise dominion in your mortal bodies, to make you obey their passions. (Rom 6:11-12 NRSV)

To make an end of sin:
(put an end to sin)NRSV
"for then he would have had to suffer repeatedly since the world was created. But as it is, he has appeared once for all at the climax of history to abolish sin by the sacrifice of himself." (Heb 9:26 REB)
"For by a single offering he has perfected for all time those who are sanctified." (Heb 10:14 NRSV)
"...erasing the record that stood against us with its legal demands. He set this aside, nailing it to the cross." (Col 2:14 NRSV)

To make reconciliation:
(to atone for iniquity) NRSV
(iniquity expiated) REB
"and through him to reconcile all things to himself, making peace through the shedding of his blood on the cross—all things, whether on earth or in heaven." (Col 1:20 REB)
"For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life." (Rom 5:10 KJV)
"Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people." (Heb 2:17 KJV)

These first 3 purposes together refer to all sorts of sin/sins of His people, those who are believers. ALL THREE of the previous goals were accomplished in the life and death of Jesus on the cross!

To bring in everlasting righteouness:

"In his days Judah will be saved and Israel will live in safety. And this is the name by which he will be called: 'The LORD is our righteousness.'” (Jer 23:6 NRSV)
"Your righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, and your law is the truth." (Ps 119:142 NRSV)
"For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God." (2Cor 5:21 NRSV)

To seal up the vision & prophecy:
(vision and prophecy ratified) REB
(vision... *may be fulfilled) Douay
"Then he said to them, “Oh, how foolish you are, and how slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have declared! Was it not necessary that the Messiah should suffer these things and then enter into his glory?” Then beginning with Moses and all the prophets, he interpreted to them the things about himself in all the scriptures." (Luke 24:25-27 NRSV)
"After this, when Jesus knew that all was now finished, he said (in order to fulfill the scripture), ' am thirsty.' A jar full of sour wine was standing there. So they put a sponge full of the wine on a branch of hyssop and held it to his mouth. When Jesus had received the wine, he said, 'It is finished.' Then he bowed his head and gave up his spirit."(John 19:28-30 NRSV)

To anoint the most Holy:
(.... Holy thing or one...) NRSV
(saint of saints may be anointed) DRB
"With the anointing oil anoint the Tabernacle and everything in it, thus consecrating it and all its furnishings; it will then be holy." (Exod 40:9 REB)
"And if you and we belong to Christ, guaranteed as his and anointed, it is all God’s doing;" (2Cor 1:21 REB)
"My main point is: this is the kind of high priest we have, and he has taken his seat at the right hand of the throne of Majesty in heaven," (Heb 8:1 REB)
"For Christ entered not into a holy place made with hands, like in pattern to the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear before the face of God for us:" (Heb 9:24 RV)
"Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holy place by the blood of Jesus," (Heb 10:19 RV)
"But you rejected the Holy and Righteous One and asked to have a murderer given to you," (Acts 3:14 NRSV)

The scriptures themselves explain the six points taking place in the 490 years, without extreme literalism or a gap of 2000+ years which is ridiculous.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
ALL SIX POINTS OF DAN 9:24 were fulfilled within the 490 years, which ended in the 1st century. They were fulfilled in Christ and the body of Christ, the temple of God. I'll stay with God's word on that rather than the schemes of men.

To finish the transgression:
(rebellion will be stopped) REB
(BDB - rebellion against individuals, nation or God)
(finish or restrain) ASV marg
"She will bear a son, and you are to name him Jesus, for he will save his people from their sins.” (Matt 1:21 NRSV)
"He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil." (1John 3:8 KJV)
"So you also must consider yourselves dead to sin and alive to God in Christ Jesus. Therefore, do not let sin exercise dominion in your mortal bodies, to make you obey their passions. (Rom 6:11-12 NRSV)

To make an end of sin:
(put an end to sin)NRSV
"for then he would have had to suffer repeatedly since the world was created. But as it is, he has appeared once for all at the climax of history to abolish sin by the sacrifice of himself." (Heb 9:26 REB)
"For by a single offering he has perfected for all time those who are sanctified." (Heb 10:14 NRSV)
"...erasing the record that stood against us with its legal demands. He set this aside, nailing it to the cross." (Col 2:14 NRSV)

To make reconciliation:
(to atone for iniquity) NRSV
(iniquity expiated) REB
"and through him to reconcile all things to himself, making peace through the shedding of his blood on the cross—all things, whether on earth or in heaven." (Col 1:20 REB)
"For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life." (Rom 5:10 KJV)
"Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people." (Heb 2:17 KJV)

These first 3 purposes together refer to all sorts of sin/sins of His people, those who are believers. ALL THREE of the previous goals were accomplished in the life and death of Jesus on the cross!

To bring in everlasting righteouness:

"In his days Judah will be saved and Israel will live in safety. And this is the name by which he will be called: 'The LORD is our righteousness.'” (Jer 23:6 NRSV)
"Your righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, and your law is the truth." (Ps 119:142 NRSV)
"For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God." (2Cor 5:21 NRSV)

To seal up the vision & prophecy:
(vision and prophecy ratified) REB
(vision... *may be fulfilled) Douay
"Then he said to them, “Oh, how foolish you are, and how slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have declared! Was it not necessary that the Messiah should suffer these things and then enter into his glory?” Then beginning with Moses and all the prophets, he interpreted to them the things about himself in all the scriptures." (Luke 24:25-27 NRSV)
"After this, when Jesus knew that all was now finished, he said (in order to fulfill the scripture), ' am thirsty.' A jar full of sour wine was standing there. So they put a sponge full of the wine on a branch of hyssop and held it to his mouth. When Jesus had received the wine, he said, 'It is finished.' Then he bowed his head and gave up his spirit."(John 19:28-30 NRSV)

To anoint the most Holy:
(.... Holy thing or one...) NRSV
(saint of saints may be anointed) DRB
"With the anointing oil anoint the Tabernacle and everything in it, thus consecrating it and all its furnishings; it will then be holy." (Exod 40:9 REB)
"And if you and we belong to Christ, guaranteed as his and anointed, it is all God’s doing;" (2Cor 1:21 REB)
"My main point is: this is the kind of high priest we have, and he has taken his seat at the right hand of the throne of Majesty in heaven," (Heb 8:1 REB)
"For Christ entered not into a holy place made with hands, like in pattern to the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear before the face of God for us:" (Heb 9:24 RV)
"Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holy place by the blood of Jesus," (Heb 10:19 RV)
"But you rejected the Holy and Righteous One and asked to have a murderer given to you," (Acts 3:14 NRSV)

The scriptures themselves explain the six points taking place in the 490 years, without extreme literalism or a gap of 2000+ years which is ridiculous.
Amen bro.

Reactions: rwb and Cassandra

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We read Daniel 9 starting in verse 22...
22 And he informed me, and talked with me, and said, O Daniel, I am now come forth to give thee skill and understanding.
23 At the beginning of thy supplications the commandment came forth, and I am come to shew thee; for thou art greatly beloved: therefore understand the matter, and consider the vision.
24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.
26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

The Prophecy of Seventy Weeks in Daniel chapter 9, is the 490 years of uninterrupted period starting from "the time the word goes out to rebuild and restore Jerusalem," of Daniel 9:25 and ending 3½ years after Jesus' death. The starting point identified with a decree by Artaxerxes I in 458/7 BC to provide money to rebuild Jerusalem and its temple.

Now there where two earlier decrees by Cyrus and Darius’. So why don't these two decrees qualify to start the prophecy of Daniel 9:25? Well lets take a look at these two decrees. The first is the decree of Cyrus, given in his first year (537/536 B.C.) which is recorded in Ezra 1:1-4. An undated decree of Darius (520/519 B.C.) which is found in Ezra 6:1-12 merely reconfirms the decree of Cyrus. however, the first two decrees are about the temple, and its reconstruction, whereas the statement in Daniel 9:25 is concerned with the decree that resulted in the rebuilding of the city of Jerusalem.

The first two decrees can be omitted from consideration, because they deal only with the building of the temple, and not the rebuilding of the city and restoration, "that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times." So we can see that the third decree of Artaxerxes is the one that started the prophecy of Daniel 9 and was implemented in September/October 457 B.C.

The appearance of "Messiah the Prince" at the end of the 69 weeks (483 years) is aligned with Jesus' baptism in 27 CE. The 'cutting off' of the "anointed one" is applied to the Jesus' execution 3½ years after the end of the 483 years, bringing "atonement for iniquity" and "everlasting righteousness". Jesus' death is said to 'confirm' the "covenant" between God and mankind by in 31 CE "in the midst of" the last seven years. The end of the 70th week is associated with 34 AD when the gospel was redirected from only the Jews to all peoples

Christian historicism, which is what unveils these verses from scripture, interprets prophecy as an overview of the history of the Christian church, asserting connections between historical events and statements in the Bible, and distinguishing between prophecies considered already fulfilled and those still to come. The Jews of biblical times, had taught this view in the many prophecies to be fulfilled, which were pointing to the Messiah such as those by the prophets Isaiah and Ezekiel. The early church and the precursors to the Reformation used it, Jerome in his 'Commentary on Daniel' went into the kingdoms that Daniel predicted, and we find it held by many of the Protestant Reformers and in their teachings.
@Fullness of the Gentiles @Davy @covenantee @rwb @ewq1938 @The Light @ScottA

"The WORD became flesh and dwelt among us" ushered in the 70th Week of Daniel's Prophecy.

The 70th Week has not yet ended.

THINK THINK THINK = GOSPEL

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think we should stop telling ourselves we've fallen for one or the other conspiracy theory if we read the scriptures ourselves and form a conclusion. @Randy Kluth takes a historicist view of the Olivet Discourse based on what he sees when he reads and studies it, and I take a futurist view.

I never went to any Jesuit to learn the futurist view. I just noticed that what Jesus said in the temple about its coming destruction (and repeated to His disciples just outside them temple), is not what He opened with after He sat down on the Mount of Olives, despite the disciples' question about the temple in Jerusalem which Jesus had said would be destroyed.​

LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION

"Every day Jesus was teaching in the temple courts, but at night he went and stayed on the Mount of Olives." (Luke 21:37).

"The Olivet Discourse" derives it's name from Jesus' location when He said the things He said during a time when He was seated on the Mount of Olives after coming out of the temple in Jerusalem.

Jesus' statement regarding the coming destruction of the temple was made to the scribes and Pharisees NOT while Jesus was seated on the Mount of Olives, but while He was in the temple, and to His disciples just outside the temple.​

Audience: scribes and Pharisees.
Subject: The coming destruction of the city and the temple.

Note: Chapter and verse divisions were only added to the text of the Bible in 1227 A.D. The following is the text of Matthew 23:37 to Matthew 24:3, without the chapter and verse divisions. In Matthew's gospel, Jesus introduces the subject of the destruction of the city and temple by opening with an announcement regarding the woe that was to come upon the scribes and Pharisees (Matt.23:13-38).

"Now as Jesus was going out of the temple courts and walking away, his disciples came to show him the temple buildings.

And he said to them, "

Do you see all these things?

I tell you the truth, not one stone will be left on another. All will be torn down!" (Matt.24:1-2).​

NEW LOCATION, NEW AUDIENCE, AND A NEW SUBJECT INTRODUCED BY JESUS

After coming out of the temple Jesus then walked down the mountain, and crossed through the Kidron Valley to the Mount of Olives (which is opposite the Temple Mount), walked to the top, and sat down after reaching the top. Hence Matthew's gospel very clearly divides what Jesus said:

(a) Inside the temple (Matthew 23); then
(b) Just outside the temple (Matthew 24:1-2); and then
(c) On the Mount of Olives (Matthew 24:3 onward).​

THE FIRST SUBJECT JESUS SPOKE ABOUT ON THE MOUNT OF OLIVES

Jesus' disciples asked Him about the temple in Jerusalem, regarding which He had said that not one stone would be left upon another that would not be thrown down - but when He began to reply - and this is the first thing Jesus is recorded as having said after sitting down on the Mount of Olives - instead of answering their question about that temple, Jesus opens His answer by telling them about the tribulation that the living stones of the New Testament Temple were going to experience:

View attachment 38637

View attachment 38638
View attachment 38639

All of which comes under:

But He was speaking of the temple of His body.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All of which comes under:

But He was speaking of the temple of His body.
Destruction/Death of His Temple/Body was fulfilled on the Cross.

Zechariah ch14 has not yet been fulfilled.

We are witnessing today the beginning/onset/calling of Zech ch14 as well as the "revealing of the man of sin".

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Destruction/Death of His Temple/Body was fulfilled on the Cross.

Zechariah ch14 has not yet been fulfilled.

We are witnessing today the beginning/onset/calling of Zech ch14 as well as the "revealing of the man of sin".

The point is, that just as Jesus rightly said that the temple pointed to His body, it is also right to say (and should also be understood) that all nations/peoples coming against Jerusalem, actually refers to all people coming/sinning against the kingdom of God (the result of which is "the man of sin is revealed", in whom we are all implemented ("all in Adam")).

It is also important to understand, that just as no one in Israel had put the pieces together regarding the temple and Jesus' body until He was crucified--as it is with many even to this day for that matter...no one now is likely to put the pieces together, nor have they, regarding the man of sin and all who come/sin against the kingdom of God (Jerusalem) until it is too late--unless the Spirit reveals it.

Reactions: David in NJ