Urgent warning about Donald Trump

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good morning,

Please show me in Scripture where it says a bishop MUST be married. It tells us what he MUST be IF he is married in 1 Timothy AND Titus but NO WHERE does it say he must be married.
I don't know how he could have one wife if he's not married.
How do you square your theory with Paul’s repeated recommendations to remain celibate, remain single after having lost a spouse (I Cor. 7:1; 7-8; 25-28; 32-35; 38; 39-40)?

According to your theory if a bishops wife dies he HAS to remarry. Your theory does not line up with Scripture.

Bible study Mary
No, he would have had his one wife if his wife died. People could look at that marriage to help them decide if he was a good candidate.

Allowing priests and bishops to marry after being ordained can be a bad business because the ladies may be flirting with him wanting him to marry them; and he may be looking at them in the wrong way too.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Picking of the options would work for me.
The two choices you presented:

1. live next door to a happily married gay couple

OR

2. live next door to a single gay man pretending to be straight who might have an eye for your son

Soooo when I said "NO ONE would want to live next to a person who might have an eye on defiling their child" you couldn't figure out my answer? Seriously??

Soooo when my answer used the word "person" (not "couple") and I mirrored YOUR words "might have an eye"..... you couldn't figure out that I was choosing option #2????? o_O

OK.....Here is my answer to fit your literal mind: I would not want to live next to a single gay man, pretending to be straight, who MIGHT have an eye out for my son.

Sooooo if this gay man is able to trick my son into a relationship with him..... would he not be defiling my son? o_O

your killing me kiddo

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know how he could have one wife if he's not married.
No, he would have had his one wife if his wife died. People could look at that marriage to help them decide if he was a good candidate.

Allowing priests and bishops to marry after being ordained can be a bad business because the ladies may be flirting with him wanting him to marry them; and he may be looking at them in the wrong way too.
Sooooo I will ask again:

Please show me in Scripture where it says a bishop MUST be married.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are sooooo confusing.

He is still a bishop AFTER his wife died and according to your theory a bishop must be married.....Sooooo must a bishop be married or not?

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are sooooo confusing.

He is still a bishop AFTER his wife died and according to your theory a bishop must be married.....Sooooo must a bishop be married or not?
It doesn't say currently married. It says "one wife" without specifying if she is still alive. Soooooooooooooooooooooooo do you understand now?
Sooooo I will ask again:

Please show me in Scripture where it says a bishop MUST be married.
The answer hasn't changed.

Reactions: Nancy

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Funny Scott - when I became a Christian my best friend thought I was believing in a conspiracy. Do you know what her words were? "Every time I hear about someone being a Christian they're caught doing something wrong."

I am not siding against Providence, I'm adhering to Scripture to "not be ignorant of Satan's devices." I don't think God wants us to be gullible Christians - He tells us so. We're told to be "as wise as the serpent and harmless as the dove."

Donald Trump Is Dropping Bombs at Unprecedented Levels
The candidate who once warned America about Hillary Clinton's hawkishness is turning into a war machine.

Donald Trump Is Dropping Bombs at Unprecedented Levels

The Hegelian Dialectic has been played on you and you don't even know it. Most people are uninformed I've learned - they only know a little and base their opinions on the little they know. Just like you claimed that my claims that he's bombing are "emotion." Really? If you truly want the truth then do in-depth research on Trump and you'll learn what I have. He's only throwing Christians a few bones to keep them thinking he's on their side while he continues the exact programs of his predecessors.

Trump’s military drops a bomb every 12 minutes, and no one is talking about it - Lee Camp

Trump’s military drops a bomb every 12 minutes, and no one is talking about it - Lee Camp
Put any spin on it you want.

But Christians are not being "gullible"--not even. We put Trump in office, and we did so against the Goliath that Satan has crept into every facet of life. Things that this once One nation under God use to value are now being mocked and the evils we once fought against are blatantly stated as good and campaigned for. Evil is being called good.

Trump like David is not perfect, but he is perfect for the job, and has planted a stone on the brow of this Goliath...and now by the providence of God and answered prayer, he will take off his head. And people like you are following Saul.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The two choices you presented:

1. live next door to a happily married gay couple

OR

2. live next door to a single gay man pretending to be straight who might have an eye for your son

Soooo when I said "NO ONE would want to live next to a person who might have an eye on defiling their child" you couldn't figure out my answer? Seriously??

Soooo when my answer used the word "person" (not "couple") and I mirrored YOUR words "might have an eye"..... you couldn't figure out that I was choosing option #2????? o_O

OK.....Here is my answer to fit your literal mind: I would not want to live next to a single gay man, pretending to be straight, who MIGHT have an eye out for my son.

Sooooo if this gay man is able to trick my son into a relationship with him..... would he not be defiling my son? o_O

your killing me kiddo
Very good, and thank you. I think we may agree. If people are going to be gay, parents can make better decisions by knowing who and what they're dealing with.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I no longer support Trump because of what I learned about the illuminati and how they control who is put in office. I had all the same hope that you did when Trump was elected...until I saw that it was all a smokescreen - he continued the wars he swore he would end. Then I learned about how the illuminati communicate using secret hand signs and handshakes and I saw Trump continually throwing the triple six and the triangle. I looked through photos online and saw all the world leaders and former presidents throwing the same sign. Then I saw a video of Trump stating he's a Freemason.

Sometimes all you have are disparate clues to go on and you can piece together a picture and too many things about Trump didn't add up. I saw photos of him hobnobbing with Clintons, Jeffrey Epstein, and others. I just wish that Christians would look into things more instead of believing what we're being "shown". I think a lot of what is going on with the antics of Pelosi are all staged - with Trump's full knowledge - to keep Americans occupied and guessing as the elite continue to make America into the North America Union and as surveillance continues unhindered. Before Hitler took over they took the guns and Trump's push for red flag gun laws raised some eyebrows. There is cognitive dissonance as Christians continue to support Trump even as his bombing of innocent people reaches unprecedented levels.

Here is a good place to start learning what is really going on behind the scenes:

The Cutting Edge - Spiritual Insights Into The New World Order So Startling You'll Never Look At The News The Same Way Again.
Here let me get your your tin foil hat.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Stan,

I agree with you that it says he must be the husband of one wife. HOWEVER, the contention I am making is that a bishop does not have to be married. IF he is married he is allowed only one wife. Please show me in Scripture where it says a bishop MUST be married.

I can't find it.

Willing to learn, Mary
He also said he does not permit a woman to teach.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I find myself turning more and more to this version to understand what was really meant in the original language of most passages:
1 Timothy 3:2 The Passion Translation (TPT)
2 Yet an elder needs to be one who is without blame before others.
He should be one whose heart is for his wife alone and not another woman.[
a] He should be recognized as one who is sensible, and well-behaved, and living a disciplined life. He should be a “spiritual shepherd” who has the gift of teaching,[b] and is known for his hospitality.

Footnotes:
a. 1 Timothy 3:2 This literally means “a one woman kind of man” or “faithful to your woman [wife],” which implies much more than simply not being a polygamist. It was culturally common for men to have more than one wife or concubines in that era.
b. 1 Timothy 3:2 Or “able to teach.”
2 Timothy 4:3

Polygamy in the NT period

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It doesn't say currently married. It says "one wife" without specifying if she is still alive. Soooooooooooooooooooooooo do you understand now?

The answer hasn't changed.
Got it......a bishop does not have to be married.....Thank You.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very good, and thank you. I think we may agree. If people are going to be gay, parents can make better decisions by knowing who and what they're dealing with.
Hey Dodgeball.....You made a big deal out of me not answering your question....how about you show some respect and answer mine: Soooo when I said "NO ONE would want to live next to a person who might have an eye on defiling their child" you couldn't figure out my answer?

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey Dodgeball.....You made a big deal out of me not answering your question....how about you show some respect and answer mine: Soooo when I said "NO ONE would want to live next to a person who might have an eye on defiling their child" you couldn't figure out my answer?
I could read that two ways. It could mean you were refusing to answer since you wouldn't want to live next door to either.

I also didn't ask about whether you could read minds. The single guy who's gay and hiding it may or may not have an eye on your child. Probably not, but you wouldn't know. I wanted you to make clear that there was an advantage in knowing things like that.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ha, ha, how can he have one wife if he isn't married? How can people judge how well he governs his children so they can predict how he'd govern as a bishop, unless he was married?
Was Paul a bishop?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I could read that two ways. It could mean you were refusing to answer since you wouldn't want to live next door to either.

I also didn't ask about whether you could read minds. The single guy who's gay and hiding it may or may not have an eye on your child. Probably not, but you wouldn't know. I wanted you to make clear that there was an advantage in knowing things like that.
You are sooooooooooooo confusing.

The happily married gay couple may or may not have an eye out for my child also. Probably not, but we wouldn't know it EITHER. There was NO "advantage in knowing things like that" since you qualified it with the word "might". You don't KNOW something if it "might" be true.

Soooooo like I stated before your original question is not a fair question. Or to put it another way: poorly worded.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think he was. He moved around a lot. I can see the advantage of someone who moves around that much not being married.
What is YOUR definition of bishop?

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are sooooooooooooo confusing.

The happily married gay couple may or may not have an eye out for my child also. Probably not, but we wouldn't know it EITHER. There was NO "advantage in knowing things like that" since you qualified it with the word "might". You don't KNOW something if it "might" be true.

Soooooo like I stated before your original question is not a fair question. Or to put it another way: poorly worded.
You seem to enjoy being difficult. Even after finding out we agree, you want to be critical. What's with that?