What is written on the heart...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eltanin

Aug 22, 2012
SEMO
Romans 2 talks about righteousness and the law... When we get to verse 15, it is asserted that the laws of God are written on our heart...
But why is it, when Christians get into a discourse about what they believe, they spend so much time quoting the Bible word for word?...

When I witness to people who have not accepted Christ, I don't quote scripture to them... When they finally ask what I believe, they are usually so surprised that I say I am a Christian... I ask them why, and part of the answer is always that I don't give them endless streams of Bible verses meant to convict them...

Usually it leads to a pretty in-depth discussion to which I ask if they believe what the Bible says... To which a reply is normally given along the lines that they respect what it says, but they don't necessarily believe it...

To flip the perspective:
If a Muslim came at you quoting the Qu'ran as what they believed to be God-Inspired word, would you suddenly believe what they had to say, just because they could quote verses to convict you to their way of thinking?

Why do Christians feel the need to quote Scriptural laws to those who do not believe in the Scripture?
What happened to so many Christians' ability to speak for themselves?

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
I absolutely agree with you Eltanin , well said.

Even on forums such as this one .... you will see folks reproduce endless pages of scripture .... but cannot explain the simplest thing in their own words.

Eltanin

Aug 22, 2012
SEMO
Thank you for your agreement Arnie! ;)

I half expected a first post to be a long copy/paste of Scriptures supporting why the use of Scripture in witness is important. LOL

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Personally , I would much rather hear people voice their opinion using mostly their own words with a bit of scripture to back it up if necessary.

Even if it is poorly written , or the person is a newbie or rookie Christian is just fine . The (point) (question)(different opinion) usually comes across OK.

To me , that is true discussion , quoting 10 pages of bible is not. We already have plenty of bibles.

On this forum I sense a movement in the discussion direction , as opposed to the endless copy and paste filler we have seen for years.

I hope it continues , and I hope I improve as well , I find that when someone tends to engage in good discussions it helps me to do the same.

I feel that Eltanin has given us a good example in the opening post. Some very good questions there. I am still pondering some of them.

thanks.