What To Do?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

gumby

May 29, 2009
Hi CB members its Clint here. I need some info about penticostal (not sure on spelling) faith and were exacly there doctrine came from, im fairly certain most of its not based out of the bible but the reason i ask is i just had a preacher at work approach me about joining his church. The conversation went as follows:

He asked me and the casheir, yes i am a bagger/ stocker how long its been since we went to church. I replied about six months the cahseir replied longer than what i answered. Anyway i then asked him what his doctrine was he answered he beleives in baptism of the holy ghost as he calls it. Thats my forst concern right there is hos translation era it should be translated spirit because the bible states that those who know god worship him in spirit and truth not ghost and truth. Anyway i do beleive in baptism of the holy spirit but its just the translation that he used that concerns me. I replied that im non-denominational and after that he dropped the conversation, although the casheir is mormon...........i try to avoid my casheir on faith diffrences as well, dont get me wrong we talk but just not about mormonism. But the main point here though is if the guy comes in how can i peacefully stop this guy. I told my front end boss about it but have not told the store manager about it, i have nothing against the word of god and i have had good christian chat with several of my co-workers about the bible but recruiting people to there church in a grocery store is wrong i beleive. Now if he would have discussed actual scripture instead of just spewing junk then i would be happy to attend his church but it disturbs the customers when we have weirdos like this. Back to the main point though what are some possible answers that i can come back with next time he comes in the store, keep in mind this is a public store and i cant have a bible in hand while on the job. Maybe i can memorize a few verses or write down a few scriptures and put them in my pocket then next time he comes just quote the scripture off the notes. I hope i have not gave anyone the wrong impression here but from what i got out of the guy he didnt want to preach scripture he just wanted me to play religion.

God bless :)