When you hear “God”

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What comes to mind

• YHWH

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • AEOU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jehovah

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jesus

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • other

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
guess yall are prolly already fam with the history of “El,” and strangely we apparently dont really know what “Shaddai” meant, even tho its usually xlated “Almighty” to us,
The amazing name Shaddai: meaning and etymology
To be in the name, is it necessary that we know how people have pronounced a name with their physical mouths in times past or even how others now pronounce it today? Should we imitate them with our mouths?

What does the highlighted underlined phrase of the following verse mean?

"For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them" Matt 18:20

How do we gather in his name? Is that done by each of us mouthing one the words in your poll or the word, God?

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
To be in the name, is it necessary that we know how people have pronounced a name with their physical mouths in times past or even how others now pronounce it today? Should we imitate them with our mouths?

What does the highlighted underlined phrase of the following verse mean?

"For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them" Matt 18:20

How do we gather in his name? Is that done by each of us mouthing one the words in your poll or the word, God?
my interest was more about how Scripture uses the term(s), “god” even encompasses you i guess? For instance

Reactions: amadeus

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What comes to mind? YHWH? Some human contrivance meant to make pronouncing YHWH easier, like “Jehovah” perhaps? Jesus? Something else?
When I hear from God it is either Jesus' spirit or God the Father's spirit. I have heard physical word from the Father too. And sometimes it is the Holy Spirit that I sense. I've had several communions with God in my life and it always varies to who is talking.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
my interest was more about how Scripture uses the term(s), “god” even encompasses you i guess? For instance
I read and I talk with God. What comes to mind when reading scripture is very dependent on the place I am reading. Unless there is some kind of emphasis in that area of a name, I rarely focus on or hear one particular name.

When I am responding to someone as on this post or elsewhere on a forum, I am trying to communicate with a person or people and may choose a name to fit the situation. Sometimes I do not... communicate.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You know what it is like when you are talking with a person who is talking at you rather than with you, they never seem to draw a breath for long enough for us to break into the conversation. When we do they simple just get up and walk away because they are not interested in listening to us tell our stories about what we are experiencing.

The same is also true with people when they are talking at God, they are talking so hard and fast that God waits for them/us to stop telling Him what we want Him to hear, before He gets a chance to actually speak to us but instead of being polite and listening to what He has to tell us, we get up and walk away thinking that our conversation with God is over when we stop talking at Him.

Shalom

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus, my sweet Jesus.

He is the visible Incarnation of the invisible God, and I guess I'll have to add other as well, because the invisible unknowable eternal God can be rationaly postulated but can only be Known, as He chooses to reveal Himself to His creation.. He did this definitively in the person of the Son, Jesus Christ.

Pax et Bonum

Reactions: marks

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I often refer to the word " God" when I hear it, with the thought, I am or the Beginning and the End. The HS is often Holy Ghost more than Spirit. Jesus is Lord, Master and Saviour!

If I'm reading the word unless it has an identifier such as Jesus, Peter, Paul, ect, I read it all as God speaking.

I am a southern, English speaking person so I was introduced to God in simple English ,not Greek nor Hebrew.
We communicate pretty well as such !