Who Jesus will Return for and Catch up at the (Rapture)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many people have heard about the the aerial gathering of the church described in Paul's first letter to the Thessalonian church, which is an event when all Christian believers who are alive, along with resurrected believers, will rise in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. Many mainline churches understand this event as the general resurrection of the saints, taking place at the second coming of Christ to inaugurate the eternal age.

Other Christians hold the rapture doctrine, affirming that Jesus will snatch the church away from the earth before the world suffers a seven year tribulation. Differing viewpoints exist about the exact timing of the Rapture. Will Christ's return occur in one event or two?

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am well studied in Revelation, because The Father through His Son is Who gives the key to understanding it; only Jesus can open up the Seals. I understand it well enough to even say that if one is not studied in the Old Testament prophets, there is much of Revelation they will not even come close to understanding.

Christ's Olivet Discourse parallels the 6 Seals of Revelation 6. So I find it surprising with those who 'claim' to understand Revelation that don't even know about that parallel. Do you?
Sure, covid19 took 1 and left 1. It was no respector of who was taken and who was left behind. Of course the governments of the world stopped everything in order to confine and stop covid19. Then covid19 took all who got locked up together with no outside relief.

Covid19 is God bringing work and governmental authority to a complete stop. Covid19 has even reduced pollution faster and far safer than any human indeavor, obviously. Humans just had to stop working long enough to stop pollution. Economy does not work that way. It is only human economy that has suffered and will keep on suffering. Can governmentally controlled economy make drastic changes, or is it too rigid? I am sure that if it snaps, just another excuse to give those in control the ability to take more freedom away from humanity.

God says God is in control and in the next year over 2 billion people are going to die in war, famine, plague, and wild beast. That is just the 4th seal. Over the next 3 years, all of God's Trumpets and Thunderings are going to judge mankind.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Sure, covid19 took 1 and left 1
hmm, seems more like took 1 and left 96 or something...
Many people have heard about the the aerial gathering of the church described in Paul's first letter to the Thessalonian church, which is an event when all Christian believers who are alive, along with resurrected believers, will rise in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. Many mainline churches understand this event as the general resurrection of the saints, taking place at the second coming of Christ to inaugurate the eternal age.

Other Christians hold the rapture doctrine, affirming that Jesus will snatch the church away from the earth before the world suffers a seven year tribulation.
yet I will never leave you, nor forsake you, and we are (supposedly) the body of Christ, right, so contemplate them both being completely wrong :)
Return to Me and I will return to you
Will Christ's return occur in one event or two?
Galileans, why do you stand there looking up at the sky?
As lightning flashes from East to West, so will the coming of the son of man be

and we even have current idiom for "flashing" right

the body of Christ, which I guess He will be needing back, in your scenario?

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Forgive me, I don't understand the question. I believe what Paul says in 1Thessalonians 4. The church will be taken to meet the lord in the air (or in the clouds.) What do you believe?
i believe both "air" and "clouds" have symbolic meanings, that at least sure seem to tail with the rest of Scripture better,
...why are you Standing There looking up at the sky?
No one has ever gone up to heaven
There is only One Immortal
I will never leave you nor forsake you
The kingdom does not come by observation

etc, i could fill the page i guess

Reactions: Giuliano

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Thessalonians 5:9
For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ.
Luke 21:36

“Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.”
Just believe God's Word on the catching up (rapture)??

16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain """shall be caught up together""" with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words1 Corinthians 15:51- 57
Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.

57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for your explanation. I hope I understand it. Just in case I don't. Where do people go then? Let me ask it another way, does Revelation chapter 16 describe the location of those who have gone to meet the Lord in the air?

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Authority and telling people what to do are two different things. You all keep looking for and trying to avoid a one world government. Make up your mind. God giving human government authority is over. Covid19 was the end. If you need a government to protect you, it is just the means of taking your freedom away. God is no longer backing human government. Satan will soon be in charge and all people will look to Satan instead of God. It will be a choice, because God will be on the throne in view of the whole earth, and God will let those on earth chose between God and Satan. Not spiritually, but as physical as this phone, I am using to text with.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Other Christians hold the rapture doctrine, affirming that Jesus will snatch the church away from the earth before the world suffers a seven year tribulation. Differing viewpoints exist about the exact timing of the Rapture. Will Christ's return occur in one event or two?
The catching away is not the 2nd coming.

The Church will be caught up, then return to reign with Christ for 1000 years per Rev 19 and Zech 14.

Reactions: CadyandZoe

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
only wadr that would be "everyone will see Him," and obv that would also be a "kingdom that comes by observation" right
God is dealing with those stubborn Jews, He claims are His own People. They are still looking for their Messiah, their king over the other nations. God has to deal with those other nations, after He deals with His people. They have to wait just a while longer, before the promise is given to them.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cady and Zoe-

Differing viewpoints exist about the exact timing of the Rapture. Will Christ's return occur in one event or two?

In Brief:

Jesus, the Son of man, with Power (Christ), is IN Heaven.

He Shall DESCEND "From Heaven";
"TO" the Clouds.

He Shall Bring WITH Him (to the Clouds) Saved souls and Quickened spirits of Physically DEAD Bodies IN Christ and Raise those Body's UP in glory TO Him.

Also While IN the Clouds, (With His Power), He Shall Call UP "TO" the Clouds, (Body, Soul Spirit) of Those physically Alive, who also were Spiritually Crucified With Christ, Soul Saved and Spirit Quickened.

This IS Christ Jesus Gathering the Whole of His Church, The Rapture, their Redeeming WHOLE, Body, soul, spirit, (they being Prepared, to be "joined" in a Marriage with Christ.

ON Earth, Others are being "Prepared"...as they hear...about Christ Jesus, BY Servants of God Sent to Earth to Preach Christ Jesus....

Those who Accept Gods Offering, Become "Prepared" TO become GUESTS at the Ceremony of Christ's marriage to His Church, in the Clouds.

Jesus' second Coming, is reference to His
Coming to the Clouds.
Jesus' "RETURN" is Reference to Jesus "RETURNING" TO Earth...

Jesus' Return TO Earth is "After" Satan and his followers (angelic and human) have Ruled the Earth.

Glory to God,
Taken

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus' Return TO Earth is "After" Satan and his followers (angelic and human) have Ruled the Earth.
The rule has been going on since the Flood. That rule ends with the 7th Trumpet. The 7th Trumpet is the Second Coming.

The Second Coming has Jesus coming all the way to walking on the ground in Jerusalem. The harvest is going on 3.5 years, up to that point.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The rule has been going on since the Flood. That rule ends with the 7th Trumpet. The 7th Trumpet is the Second Coming.

The Second Coming has Jesus coming all the way to walking on the ground in Jerusalem. The harvest is going on 3.5 years, up to that point.

Trumps are sounds signaling an action to follow.

There are over 100 times of Trumps in Scripture Signaling different things about to happen.

Before the Tribulation begins, "A" Trump is sounded. The SOUND "for" Christ's Church:
Is The Lords Shout, the Voice of the archangel, the Trump of God.

His sheep hear His Voice.

John 10
[3] To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.

Tribulation IS "For" those who have Not yet come to God, to Christ, to experience MEASURES of Wrath.

1 Thes 5: [9] For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

Christ's Church has Already come TO God, To Christ Christ, are IN Christ, and more continue Until the Tribulation Begins.

1 Thes 4:
[16] For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

The Trumps "during" the Tribulation are Sounded by holy angels.

Rev 8:
  1. [2] And I saw the seven angels which stood before God; and to them were given seven trumpets.
  2. [6] And the seven angels which had the seventrumpets prepared themselves to sound.

At the LAST Trump ...

1 Cor 15:
[52] In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the lasttrump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

It's a long in depth study to keep straight who's who and what does and does not apply to whom and WHEN.

Glory to God,
Taken

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who Jesus will Return for and Catch up at the (Rapture) Hebrews 9:28=Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many. To ""those who eagerly wait for Him"" He will appear a second time.
Those that do not look for and expect the rapture are left behind and then must then try to live under anti-christ rule.

ONLY those who bought books by Tim LaHaye, Hal Lindsey, and sent money to the TV pre-trib rapture preachers, will be raptured to Jesus! If you didn't send them a check, best get busy before it's too late!!!

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ONLY those who bought books by Tim LaHaye, Hal Lindsey, and sent money to the TV pre-trib rapture preachers, will be raptured to Jesus! If you didn't send them a check, best get busy before it's too late!!!

Satan's tools mock and scoff. and you??