Why I believe in the rapture.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If one is not beheaded, they can not be resurrected in Revelation 20:4.

I have heard this comment made here by both those who promote the pretrib rapture and those who deny the rapture, and i want to address this.

And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. (Revelation 20:4-5)

It is assumed that all the souls described here are those who were beheaded exclusively, but what is said here is that there are several groups here who go on into the millennial reign, those who were beheaded yes, as they are the saints, then there are those who did not worship the beast, which i suspect includes the 144k of Israel who are set apart for the lamb, and those who refuse the mark of the beast, which are the faithful bride. this is wholly in line with what Satan is permitted to do in making war on the saints as found in Revelation 13:10 "He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints." But the woman herself is in the wilderness for 1260 days, Which is confirmed in Daniel 7:23-27 as well as Daniel 12:2-3, as well as by Paul who says the dead shall rise first and we who are ALIVE AND REMAIN shall be transformed, Thus it is the saints, and the bride that are resurrected and or transformed at the seventh trumpet when it is pronounced: "And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth." (Revelation 11:18)

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
It is assumed that all the souls described here are those who were beheaded exclusively,
In Revelation 20:4-5 it is clearly stated that only the Trib martyrs will be brought back to life.
The others mentioned are still living people, who will go into the Millennium with Christ. As per Revelation 5:9-10 & 7:9
They will mostly be those faithful Christians who had been kept in the place of safety. Revelation 12:14

Immortality is not given to anyone until the GWT Judgment, after the Millennium.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So all those who died in Christ throughout 2000 years of church history of old age and natural causes are not the bride of Christ? Do You see how your view makes the church a death cult?

Paul makes it clear the dead in Christ rise first, and we who are alive are transformed.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Revelation 20:4-5 it is clearly stated that only the Trib martyrs will be brought back to life.
The others mentioned are still living people
, who will go into the Millennium with Christ. As per Revelation 5:9-10 & 7:9
They will mostly be those faithful Christians who had been kept in the place of safety. Revelation 12:14

Immortality is not given to anyone until the GWT Judgment, after the Millennium.
(The Souls) (The Dead)

All Seen In Rev 20:4-5 is in the spiritual realm, nobody is brought to life or living as you falsely claim, they are (Dead Souls) waiting for the last day resurrection, they (Live And Reign) in the spiritual realm with Jesus Christ

Revelation 20:1-6 Isnt A Millennial Kingdom On This Earth, Dont Be Deceived

Can you find the things claimed by those teaching a Literal 1,000 year Millennial Kingdom On This Earth in Revelation 20:1-6 below?

1.) Physical Earthly Kingdom?
2.) Physical Earthly Throne?
3.) Physical Mortal Humans?

The Above Claims (Don't Exist)

Revelation 20:1-6 Is 100% In The Lords (Spiritual) Angel, Heaven, Devil, Satan, The Souls, The Dead, God, Christ

100% Spiritual Realm, No "Literal" Time

2 Peter 3:8KJV
8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

Revelation 20:1-6KJV
1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Last edited:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no need to shout, you have made your point here over and over again and no one agrees with you, just deal with it.
Nobody is shouting as you "Falsely Claim"

Anybody who claims that there will be a Millennial Kingdom on this earth, I will continue to oppose their claim with scripture showing otherwise

Reactions: Marty fox

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All Seen In Rev 20:4-5 is in the spiritual realm, nobody is brought to life or living as you falsely claim, they are (Dead Souls) waiting for the last day resurrection, they (Live And Reign) in the spiritual realm with Jesus Christ
No such thing as a soul that is dead, dead by itself dead.

A soul is physically dead, no body.

A soul is spiritually dead, no spirit.

No such thing as a dead soul, no soul.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nobody is shouting as you "Falsely Claim"

Anybody who claims that there will be a Millennial Kingdom on this earth, I will continue to oppose their claim with scripture showing otherwise
And we will keep interpreting those Scriptures as written, and not based on your implied opinion, or implied no millennium.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
So all those who died in Christ throughout 2000 years of church history of old age and natural causes are not the bride of Christ? Do You see how your view makes the church a death cult?

Paul makes it clear the dead in Christ rise first, and we who are alive are transformed.
And Revelation 20:4-5 makes it crystal clear that ONLY the Trib martyrs will be resurrected when Jesus Returns. Paul does NOT say 'all'.
It is ALL the other dead from Adam, who must wait for The Great White Throne Judgment. Revelation 20:11-15

Normal mortal life is a 'death cult'. We have our chance now; to have our names Written in the Book of Life.

Last edited:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When You write in big bold letters and words you are shouting on the Forum.
Big Bold Letters Represent A Subject Or Title in many cases, Any Claim Of Shouting Is Unfounded

Please Post A Forum Rule That Would Prevent The Use Of "Bold", I Was Unable To Find Such?

Last edited:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And Revelation 20:4-5 makes it crystal clear that ONLY the Trib martyrs will be resurrected when Jesus Returns. Paul does NOT say 'all'.
It is ALL the other dead from Adam, who must wait for The Great White Throne Judgment. Revelation 20:11-15

Normal mortal life is a 'death cult'. We have our chance now; to have our names Written in the Book of Life.
Your Claim Is "False"

There is one time of resurrection for all, this takes place on the (Last Day) at the Second Coming of Jesus Christ

There are (Two) resurrections on this (Last Day) the righteous are blessed to be in the (First Resurrection) to eternal life, on such the (Second) death resurrection has no power.

1.) (First) Resurrection To Life
2.) (Second) Resurrection To Damnation, The Second Death

Revelation 20:6KJV
Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

The (Last Day) Resurrection Of All Below

John 5:28-29KJV
28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
29 And shall come forth;
they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

John 6:39-40KJV
39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

1 Corinthians 15:21-24KJV
21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
24 Then cometh the end,
when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

The (Last Day) Judgement

John 12:48KJV
48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

Last edited:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No such thing as a soul that is dead, dead by itself dead.

A soul is physically dead, no body.

A soul is spiritually dead, no spirit.

No such thing as a dead soul, no soul.
I agree, perhaps I should have been more exact in my posting

(The Souls) from (The Dead) That Were Killed During The Tribulation, does this meet your standards?

(The Souls) (The Dead)

All Seen In Rev 20:4-5 is in the spiritual realm, nobody is brought to life or living as you falsely claim, they are (The Souls) of (The Dead) killed during the tribulation, waiting for the last day resurrection, they (Live And Reign) in the spiritual realm with Jesus Christ

Revelation 20:1-6 Isnt A Millennial Kingdom On This Earth, Dont Be Deceived

Can you find the things claimed by those teaching a Literal 1,000 year Millennial Kingdom On This Earth in Revelation 20:1-6 below?

1.) Physical Earthly Kingdom?
2.) Physical Earthly Throne?
3.) Physical Mortal Humans?

The Above Claims (Don't Exist)

Revelation 20:1-6 Is 100% In The Lords (Spiritual) Angel, Heaven, Devil, Satan, The Souls, The Dead, God, Christ

100% Spiritual Realm, No "Literal" Time

2 Peter 3:8KJV
8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

Revelation 20:1-6KJV
1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Your Claim Is "False"
My claim is what the Bible plainly and clearly states. ONLY the Trib martyrs will be resurrected when Jesus Returns, They will rule with Him for the next 1000 years. THEN all the dead will raised to Judgment.

Your constant bolded cut and paste, posts are rude and bad mannered. Viewed by most here as spam.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why I believe in the rapture
OP ^

Amen brother.

Yes, I believe in the rapture, as the meaning of the word RAPTURE is specifically used in accordance with Scripture...

Rapture meaning - English..."Caught Up".
Raptue meaning - Latin...."Caught Up".
Harpazo meaning - Greek.."Quickly Taken"

Who is "Caught up"?
...those "IN" Christ.
Where are they "Caught up" To?
..."the clouds".
Where are they "Caught up" From?
..."the Earth".
What is their Signal they are about to be "Caught up"?
... "Voice of the archangel"
When are they "Caught up"?
...Before the wrath of the Tribulation Begins.
Why are they "caught up"?
....Because they are NOT appointed to Wrath.
What Power "catches them up"?
Gods Power.

Who, What, When, Why, Where....
* Expressly Revealed according to Gods Word...
Spoken, Written, Published, for our benefit.
Yes, absolutely I believe in the Rapture, according to Gods Word.
Yes, absolutely I am prepared according to Gods Word, Order, Way, that the Rapture applies to me.

Praise and Glory ...
to our Great our Great Lord God Almighty!

Taken

Last edited:
Reactions: David H.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My claim is what the Bible plainly and clearly states. ONLY the Trib martyrs will be resurrected when Jesus Returns, They will rule with Him for the next 1000 years. THEN all the dead will raised to Judgment.

Your constant bolded cut and paste, posts are rude and bad mannered. Viewed by most here as spam.
Gods Words Below Are Truth, There Is "One" Future Resurrection Of All

There is one time of resurrection for all, this takes place on the (Last Day) at the Second Coming of Jesus Christ

There are (Two) resurrections on this (Last Day) the righteous are blessed to be in the (First Resurrection) to eternal life, on such the (Second) death resurrection has no power.

1.) (First) Resurrection To Life
2.) (Second) Resurrection To Damnation, The Second Death

Revelation 20:6KJV
Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

The (Last Day) Resurrection Of All Below

John 5:28-29KJV
28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
29 And shall come forth;
they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

John 6:39-40KJV
39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

1 Corinthians 15:21-24KJV
21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
24 Then cometh the end,
when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

The (Last Day) Judgement

John 12:48KJV
48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen brother.

Yes, I believe in the rapture, as the meaning of the word RAPTURE is specifically used in accordance with Scripture...

Rapture meaning - English..."Caught Up".
Raptue meaning - Latin...."Caught Up".
Harpazo meaning - Greek.."Quickly Taken"

Who is "Caught up"?
...those "IN" Christ.
Where are they "Caught up" To?
..."the clouds".
Where are they "Caught up" From?
..."the Earth".
What is their Signal they are about to be "Caught up"?
... "Voice of the archangel"
When are they "Caught up"?
...Before the wrath of the Tribulation Begins.
Why are they "caught up"?
....Because they are NOT appointed to Wrath.
What Power "catches them up"?
Gods Power.

Who, What, When, Why, Where....
* Expressly Revealed according to Gods Word...
Spoken, Written, Published, for our benefit.
Yes, absolutely I believe in the Rapture, according to Gods Word.
Yes, absolutely I am prepared according to Gods Word, Order, Way, that the Rapture applies to me.

Praise and Glory ...
to our Great our Great Lord God Almighty!

Yes, it is simple common sense logic, something many seem to be lacking these days.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, it is simple common sense logic, something many seem to be lacking these days.

I have painfully observed "today's" common sense ... LOL
No kudos!

Spiritual sense...still a mystery to many.

The world's promotion and pollution for eons has been "Philosophy" of men.... Gag!

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
What you need to make clear is; The 'harparzo' prophesied by Paul in 1 Thess 4:17, is NOT to heaven. It is to where Jesus is and will be; in Jerusalem on earth.
If that is what you mean, then we are in agreement. It is the idea that the Lord will whisk them to heaven, out of any trials and testing, that I reject.

And Truth7t7, the Last Day will happen will happen at the final Judgment, AFTER the Millennium. All as plainly set out in Revelation 20.