Without Hands?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What results do we see in these United States today? For a nation [these supposedly United States, still supposedly consisting of more than 80% "Christians", how little does what we see in our society remind us of the description of Jesus we read about in the scriptures?

Have the great majority of people in churches organized and developed by men simply taken pieces found in scriptures and built their own towers of Babel [confusion] supposedly toward heaven with their own hands instead of allowing the building to be built
without hands?

"Forasmuch as thou sawest that the stone was cut out of the mountain without hands, and that it brake in pieces the iron, the brass, the clay, the silver, and the gold; the great God hath made known to the king what shall come to pass hereafter: and the dream is certain, and the interpretation thereof sure." Dan 2:45

"In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:" Col 2:11

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you build a building without hands @amadeus ? What is the circumcision made without hands?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you build a building without hands @amadeus ? What is the circumcision made without hands?
"And the LORD thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live." Deut 30:6

"Circumcise yourselves to the LORD, and take away the foreskins of your heart, ye men of Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem: lest my fury come forth like fire, and burn that none can quench it, because of the evil of your doings." Jerem 4:4

"To whom shall I speak, and give warning, that they may hear? behold, their ear is uncircumcised, and they cannot hearken: behold, the word of the LORD is unto them a reproach; they have no delight in it." Jerem 6:10

"Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the LORD keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain." Psalm 127:1

"For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God." Rom 2:28-29

"Is any man called being circumcised? let him not become uncircumcised. Is any called in uncircumcision? let him not be circumcised.
Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God." I Cor 7:18-19

"For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love." Gal 5:6

"For every house is builded by some man; but he that built all things is God." Heb 3:4

"But he answered and said, Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up." Matt 15:13

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you of this building and of this same type of circumcision today Matthew? This is a building and of a circumcision beyond our own human capacity, our abilities and power to build of the holiness and righteousness of God. We cannot use human effort or work and build our way up to it over time, and meet our God where he resides, on his terms, and then consider ourselves righteous. And our doctrines we devise as substitutions for his word will not bring us as a part of this building and sealed in his spirit and righteousness. We need his Son, our lord in our lives, the builder of this building without hands and this circumcision we are searching for that seals us in the Father's Spirit, and we then cry Abba.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Could we consider building a house on the rock, @APAK, @amadeus . I understand it is Jesus Christ who makes us right in God's sight. In Christianity there is no real other way to be made right with God, unless one can fulfill the Old Testament Law - however Jesus was the only one to have ever done that.

As individual people who have a relationship with the Father through the Lord Jesus Christ, in acceptance of the death, burial and resurrection in which we experience a change of heart and we start to look at the world in a different way then once being only in the flesh.

So it is possible to build a house on the foundation of Christ by following him - in the growing progression of our spiritual walk through out the rest of the day of our lives, before death comes and presents itself in which we are taken away from this world?

Matthew 7:

Jesus said and spoke (I believe to his disciples),

24 “Anyone who listens to my teaching and follows it is wise, like a person who builds a house on solid rock. 25 Though the rain comes in torrents and the floodwaters rise and the winds beat against that house, it won’t collapse because it is built on bedrock. 26 But anyone who hears my teaching and doesn’t obey it is foolish, like a person who builds a house on sand. 27 When the rains and floods come and the winds beat against that house, it will collapse with a mighty crash.”

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Could we consider building a house on the rock, @APAK, @amadeus . I understand it is Jesus Christ who makes us right in God's sight. In Christianity there is no real other way to be made right with God, unless one can fulfill the Old Testament Law - however Jesus was the only one to have ever done that.

As individual people who have a relationship with the Father through the Lord Jesus Christ, in acceptance of the death, burial and resurrection in which we experience a change of heart and we start to look at the world in a different way then once being only in the flesh.

So it is possible to build a house on the foundation of Christ by following him - in the growing progression of our spiritual walk through out the rest of the day of our lives, before death comes and presents itself in which we are taken away from this world?

Matthew 7:

24 “Anyone who listens to my teaching and follows it is wise, like a person who builds a house on solid rock. 25 Though the rain comes in torrents and the floodwaters rise and the winds beat against that house, it won’t collapse because it is built on bedrock. 26 But anyone who hears my teaching and doesn’t obey it is foolish, like a person who builds a house on sand. 27 When the rains and floods come and the winds beat against that house, it will collapse with a mighty crash.”
Short answer yes....I believe you presenting another view of the same building you are a part of, built without hands, of our Christ.

The view in Matt 7:24 is how your sustaining and unwavering faith (no matter how large or small) you have in Christ and his Father, and in his teachings and words is like a solidly built structure we call our home, where the heart is indeed. A building and a home for life beyond this world and this life, that will never be brought down by the spirit of and in this world that opposes the truth, Jesus Christ and his Father who sent him. It is your belief and faith that is the truth that makes you part of this building and Body of Christ. You will be rewarded indeed with glory of immortality sharing in the Spirit in the Kingdom yet to be fully realized and completed.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Matthew 7:

All we have done... if we have done it... is we have chosen Him to lead us and direct and lift us up for alone we can do nothing. Alone we cannot even direct our own steps.

"O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps." Jerem 10:23

We can choose to follow Him, but must we not then ask for His help when we stumble or fall to remain on or get back on the highway of holiness?

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:" Matt 7:7

Remember also in our asking:

"Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not.
Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts" James 4:2-3

And then again...

"I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me." John 5:30

"I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing" John 15:5

Reactions: APAK and MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All we have done... if we have done it... is we have chosen Him to lead us and direct and lift us up for alone we can do nothing. Alone we cannot even direct our own steps.

"O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps." Jerem 10:23

We can choose to follow Him, but must we not then ask for His help when we stumble or fall to remain on or get back on the highway of holiness?

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:" Matt 7:7

Remember also in our asking:

"Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not.
Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts" James 4:2-3

And then again...

"I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me." John 5:30

"I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing" John 15:5

So you would suggest we have a choice to follow the Lord Jesus Christ? That is one of the best choices that we are freely given to choose.

To choose Christ and his ways, or our natural fleshly ways. You are right when you share the scriptures, - Jesus is the vine - you are the branches. Jesus is our life, who nourishes us with water, and food that is spiritual. In our choices while we live here, we are building up a spiritual house on the spiritual foundation by trusting and following Christ in which we are placing investment into the - Spiritual Treasury -, getting ready for the afterlife (@APAK). It is a self-sacrificing act to Love God, and to Love Others. Jesus did that for all people by showing his life in the four accounts of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, having loved all people, stern with whom he needed to be stern with (his own people the nation of Israel). Jesus loved God first, and loved others even those who were putting him to death as you see him not retaliate and fulfilled the scriptures spoken of him and how he would end up being, even that of being undesirable.

Sometimes we may feel like aliens in this world, because our true home is in the heavenly.

Love you brother thank you for sharing, as well as APAK.

Reactions: amadeus and APAK

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What results do we see in these United States today? For a nation [these supposedly United States, still supposedly consisting of more than 80% "Christians", how little does what we see in our society remind us of the description of Jesus we read about in the scriptures?

Have the great majority of people in churches organized and developed by men simply taken pieces found in scriptures and built their own towers of Babel [confusion] supposedly toward heaven with their own hands instead of allowing the building to be built
without hands?

"Forasmuch as thou sawest that the stone was cut out of the mountain without hands, and that it brake in pieces the iron, the brass, the clay, the silver, and the gold; the great God hath made known to the king what shall come to pass hereafter: and the dream is certain, and the interpretation thereof sure." Dan 2:45

"In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:" Col 2:11

As you brought the point home, there really aren't that many Christians. Sure many claim to be a Christian, but prove very false to it's power. 2 Tim 3:5

Can you imagine what the world would actually be like Amad if there were even 50% who were Christians?

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As you brought the point home, there really aren't that many Christians. Sure many claim to be a Christian, but prove very false to it's power. 2 Tim 3:5

Can you imagine what the world would actually be like Amad if there were even 50% who were Christians?
So many it seems are standing still making little or even no effort to approach God closely. Alone we may not be able too much, but if we do not strive to do it, why should we be expecting God to fill the gaps in our efforts? Without Him filling in the gaps, are not our efforts to no avail?

Help us dear Lord!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So many it seems are standing still making little or even no effort to approach God closely. Alone we may not be able too much, but if we do not strive to do it, why should we be expecting God to fill the gaps in our efforts? Without Him filling in the gaps, are not our efforts to no avail?

Help us dear Lord!

He does Amad, He is the greatest provider sir. It is staggering the amount of Spiritual food He provides for us, I seriously doubt if any of us partake of all of it, heck I have enough trouble just keeping up with what is assigned. If someone doesn't know God today, I would say that except for a very minute number of people, it is by choice.

Reactions: amadeus

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The good ole USA is the most communist country on earth!

nine out of ten of the planks of the communist manifesto are LAW in this so called Christian country!

it was created as the Freemason Atlantis!

we the Freemasons, by the Freemasons, for the Freemasons!

Other wise we would have a good catholic king and queen ruling and reigning in the name of King Jesus and Queen Mary!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The good ole USA is the most communist country on earth!

nine out of ten of the planks of the communist manifesto are LAW in this so called Christian country!

it was created as the Freemason Atlantis!

we the Freemasons, by the Freemasons, for the Freemasons!

Other wise we would have a good catholic king and queen ruling and reigning in the name of King Jesus and Queen Mary!
What does this have to do with my OP, "without hands"?