Witnessing and teaching different things?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mikey

Jan 22, 2008
If you are trying to witness to someone and you are trying to tell them what Gods word says, but by accident tell them something that is not true are you considered a false teacher? I wonder about this and if it is safer not to get into discussion with unbelievers in case I say something that is not true. Would I be judged as a false teacher? Should I keep quiet until I am more learned? Or is this Satan trying to prevent me from spreading the gospel?

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
there is a difference between Evanglizing (trying to share/aquaint someone to the lord)and teaching one takes on much responsabilty to be teaching and should know the meat of Word. Because a teacher is held to a higher degree of judgement.but if in evangilizing you mistakingly tell someone a falsehood Repent for sin ask God to forgive you and try to never repeat the same mistake, an error made out of a mistake is not the same as purposely misleading someone.and never stop learning:)