“shall not enter my rest”

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 3:11 (NASB)
AS I SWORE IN MY WRATH, ‘THEY SHALL NOT ENTER MY REST.’”

In Hebrews we read about God’s people not being able to enter the land of rest... Which scripture puts forth as the fruit of their unbelief, which in turn caused them to be disobedient....

These people, that scripture says fell short and could not enter in the promised land because of disobedience, were these people saved or unsaved?

After all, it says they cannot enter into the rest of God, which is the land of promise... So what is meant by this statement?..

If this is meant to portray they were unsaved... Than it must also be true, that all the people that God said could not enter His rest and the land of promise because of disobedience were unsaved.. Than of a necessity that must include Moses....Since this can not be, and Moses was most definitely saved, this, the entering into the rest of God, must be addressing a different issue...

So what is this issue?

The issue that is being addressed is ceasing from ones own works and by faith entering into the rest of God...What is being put forth is the line between being a carnal and spiritual Christian....Not ones eternal salvation, but growing into maturity in Christ. Becoming one who walks after the Spirit and not after the flesh, or self effort.

This is the entering into the rest, that Hebrews is addressing, going onto maturity in Christ, leaving the first principles and growing in Him...

Be secure in your faith all that are born again, for that birth that you possess is your proof that you are His... But even so, we are directed to work out our salvation that we might get a full reward..

Be blessed all as we work our salvation out, a brother in the faith, Not me