attacking another denomination are included in this rule.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I was a Baptist for 26 years.

Never heard of any accusations of cult beliefs.

Just my experience.

I wonder why Jesus didn't just come right out and tell the woman at the well of Sychar she was in a cult?

Maybe he thought it would feel more like a knife to her than a big gun.

Don't think the word was invented yet. but He did stab her!

22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.

I would call that a kick in the pants.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Wouldn't know about that.

I'm not a denominationalist.

I'm not anti-denominational, either.

There might be a couple of good ones out there, for all I know.

denominations are not recognized. Local assemblies are. and there are3 lots of good local assemblies and lots of bad. One simply has to search and compare like a Berean.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are incorrect. To earnestly ask is indeed a defenition of 'pray'.

However if you reject that usage of the word, then by your definition, we do not pray to the saints.

If one wishes to have an honest dialogue, they should at least attempt to understand what the other is trying to convey by their use of language.

Pax et Bonum

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And amigo, I think your ideas are ok, but not for me, perhaps for you.

Well I think asking me is probably not a good idea as I don't understand it either. Perhaps a Catholic or something could answer that question.
Saul attempted to communicate with samuel . Samuel was rose up and told him the same thing i would any catholic .
IF GOD aint hearing ya , WHAT CAN I DO FOR YA . No , my response remains the same
WE must only pray to GOD . IF GOD aint enough for one and they think they have to ask those who have passed on
AS SAMUEL had , THEN its evil to do so . Stop protecting what is dangerous .
Just remember this day , I , out of great love warned you all not to pray to any BUT TO GOD .
Now lets SEE what GOD says on the day of the LORD . Many are gonna wish they had abandoned
such practices , but on that day its gonna be too late . I LOVE THE PEOPLE . I aint the MONSTER devin .
I love the people . That is why i do as i do . GOD saved and changed the worst or one of the worst the day
HIS grace appeared to me . He put me into one book , and that BOOK is THE BOOK i wish folks would have read and would read
for themselves . WE must not pray to any but to GOD .
And as for burning incense unto plastic , wood , concrete or any other image , THAT IS EVIL my friend .
YOu might want to read what a king once had to do to even the ROD of moses .
GOD had told MOSES to make a rod with a golden serpent on it .
THEN HE said everyone who looks upon this ROD would be healed .
WOULD you like to know why the king had to destroy it .
CAUSE the peoples were burning INCENSE UNTO IT . Folks READ your bibles . THE CC is decieving you all .
My warnings and my love has cost me much . My love for the peoples has not brought me any gathering
NOR DID I DESIRE IT . IT has brought me much persecution , much hatred against me .
IF I wanted a following , I WOULD have long ago changed my approach . BUT I DESIRE NONE TO SIT UNDER ME .
WHO am i , BUT A SINNER saved and changed by grace . SIT UNDER JESUS AND LEARN THOSE BIBLES .
THE CC is dangerous and they aint alone , SO are a massive number within the protestant realm .
Hold not thy breath waiting for me to come to sit at their table of unity . FOR IT is a table of unity that COMPROMISES TRUTH
for sake of unity and fellowship . DEVIN i had rather be dead than sit at that table .
I dont care what this world does to me , MY goal is not for me to be exalted BUT GOD to be exalted , CHRIST to be exalted .
AND if my love for the peoples costs me nothing but attacks , THEN SO BE IT . AT least this flea of dog loved the people
enough to warn them

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Saul attempted to communicate with samuel . Samuel was rose up and told him the same thing i would any catholic .
IF GOD aint hearing ya , WHAT CAN I DO FOR YA . No , my response remains the same
WE must only pray to GOD . IF GOD aint enough for one and they think they have to ask those who have passed on
AS SAMUEL had , THEN its evil to do so . Stop protecting what is dangerous .
Just remember this day , I , out of great love warned you all not to pray to any BUT TO GOD .
Now lets SEE what GOD says on the day of the LORD . Many are gonna wish they had abandoned
such practices , but on that day its gonna be too late . I LOVE THE PEOPLE . I aint the MONSTER devin .
I love the people . That is why i do as i do . GOD saved and changed the worst or one of the worst the day
HIS grace appeared to me . He put me into one book , and that BOOK is THE BOOK i wish folks would have read and would read
for themselves . WE must not pray to any but to GOD .
And as for burning incense unto plastic , wood , concrete or any other image , THAT IS EVIL my friend .
YOu might want to read what a king once had to do to even the ROD of moses .
GOD had told MOSES to make a rod with a golden serpent on it .
THEN HE said everyone who looks upon this ROD would be healed .
WOULD you like to know why the king had to destroy it .
CAUSE the peoples were burning INCENSE UNTO IT . Folks READ your bibles . THE CC is decieving you all .
My warnings and my love has cost me much . My love for the peoples has not brought me any gathering
NOR DID I DESIRE IT . IT has brought me much persecution , much hatred against me .
IF I wanted a following , I WOULD have long ago changed my approach . BUT I DESIRE NONE TO SIT UNDER ME .
WHO am i , BUT A SINNER saved and changed by grace . SIT UNDER JESUS AND LEARN THOSE BIBLES .
THE CC is dangerous and they aint alone , SO are a massive number within the protestant realm .
Hold not thy breath waiting for me to come to sit at their table of unity . FOR IT is a table of unity that COMPROMISES TRUTH
for sake of unity and fellowship . DEVIN i had rather be dead than sit at that table .
I dont care what this world does to me , MY goal is not for me to be exalted BUT GOD to be exalted , CHRIST to be exalted .
AND if my love for the peoples costs me nothing but attacks , THEN SO BE IT . AT least this flea of dog loved the people
enough to warn them
That was a typo, just ignore it. I removed it from the original post :D

Reactions: amigo de christo

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would call that a kick in the pants.

Yes, I'm sure that's what He was going for—a kick in the pants.

Kick in the pants... Attack the doctrine...

We just can't seem to make up our minds what the acceptable tactic really is.

Of course, we have the 'old age / not sympathetic to feelings' card we can always play.

Whatever it takes to get out of having to bear the dreaded fruit of the Spirit.

denominations are not recognized

This sounds like a line from Star Trek TNG.

"Resistance is futile—you will be assimilated...We are Borg."

Last edited:

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And as for burning incense unto plastic , wood , concrete or any other image ,

Well I dont know about you amigo. But I dont know anyone who offers incense to images.

To think that a statue, or icon, or painting etc.. Is anything to offer latria to, would be a grave sin indeed.

Pax et Bonum

Gregory

Jan 8, 2021
utah
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
denominations are not recognized. Local assemblies are. and there are3 lots of good local assemblies and lots of bad. One simply has to search and compare like a Berean.
The Bereans were comparing Christianity to pagan religions. Far easier to come to a conclusion, especially with the guidance of the Holy Ghost.

For a person to try to search and compare Christian religions, it is far more difficult. Which Christian local Assembly is the true local Assembly?????

Lots of Christians pick a Christian local Assembly, stay a while to see if the pastor fits their belief system and they feel comfortable, then either stay or fly to the next Christian local Assembly. Not a good selection process. They need to be far more engaged with the Holy Ghost to know.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes, I'm sure that's what He was going for—a kick in the pants.

Kick in the pants... Attack the doctrine...

We just can't seem to make up our minds what the acceptable tactic really is.

Of course, we have the 'old age / not sympathetic to feelings' card we can always play.

Whatever it takes to get out of having to bear the dreaded fruit of the Spirit.

This sounds like a line from Star Trek TNG.

"Resistance is futile—you will be assimilated...We are Borg."

Me thinks you need to grow a tad bit thicker skin.

I guess you would attack Jesus and Paul. they certainly gave many a swift kick in the backside!

God does not care a whit what denominational label you throw at Him. the only thing that will matter is whether or not your sins were washed away by the blood of Jesus or not.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bereans were comparing Christianity to pagan religions. Far easier to come to a conclusion, especially with the guidance of the Holy Ghost.

For a person to try to search and compare Christian religions, it is far more difficult. Which Christian local Assembly is the true local Assembly?????

Lots of Christians pick a Christian local Assembly, stay a while to see if the pastor fits their belief system and they feel comfortable, then either stay or fly to the next Christian local Assembly. Not a good selection process. They need to be far more engaged with the Holy Ghost to know.

That is why in this age it gets harder and harder to find a bible believing local assembly. More an more are falling by the wayside.

And the Bereans were comparing the words of Paul against teh available scriptures to see if what he preached was true.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I guess you would attack Jesus and Paul. they certainly gave many a swift kick in the backside!

God does not care a whit what denominational label you throw at Him. the only thing that will matter is whether or not your sins were washed away by the blood of Jesus or not.

Congratulations.

My pants are sore.

I will surely be edified.

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands

I was a Baptist for 26 years.

Never heard of any accusations of cult beliefs.

Just my experience.

I wonder why Jesus didn't just come right out and tell the woman at the well of Sychar she was in a cult?

Maybe he thought it would feel more like a knife to her than a big gun.

Don't think the word was invented yet
yall really might consider how “cult” is from the same root as “culture,” and somethingsomething “tree”in the Bible, on sitesearch somewhere, like maybe a year and a half ago

22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews
always loved that one when put in the context of an empty room for a holy of holies :)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country

thats prolly gonna change on you at some point, ok
at least hopefully

Reactions: BarneyFife

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Congratulations.

My pants are sore.

I will surely be edified.

Well let us hope so! but I know you are being sarcastic. I guess then you believe in the lovey-dovey, touchy-feely approach to deal with believers who are ensalaved. Never raise you rvoice, never speak harshly, never warn, never contend for the faith. Except I have seen you do that with me and others so that is not true either.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yall really might consider how “cult” is from the same root as “culture,” and somethingsomething “tree”in the Bible, on sitesearch somewhere, like maybe a year and a half ago

Also same root for bacteria found in yogurt and rennit in cheese which is a culture! So?

thats prolly gonna change on you at some point, ok
at least hopefully

Exactly what is going to change on me at some point hopefully? Nothing from the post of mine you quote in writing this.

In heaven, Baptist, Catholic, SDA etc. all disapperar. We belong to him and not some sectr.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well let us hope so! but I know you are being sarcastic. I guess then you believe in the lovey-dovey, touchy-feely approach to deal with believers who are ensalaved. Never raise you rvoice, never speak harshly, never warn, never contend for the faith. Except I have seen you do that with me and others so that is not true either.

I confess (my fault) that it's slightly amusing to watch you argue with yourself.

So do I really need thicker skin?

It could be that you're just kinda mean.

Reactions: Blue Dragonfly's

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country