Buying and selling in the last days

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who said "afraid"? All GOD did is warn us to flee from the major cities (think of the mess S. Cal. is presently in) so that you wouldn't share in her plagues. GOD simply wants what's in your best interests, including when in about a year and a half (per my best understanding) when we won't be able to buy or sell. -- And yes, I'm MORE THAN WILLING to defend what I believe Scripture provides as the "timing" of these end-times, AND ALSO proclaim Salvation for mankind so that I don't have their blood on my head.

Rev. 18:4 Then I heard another voice from heaven saying,
“Come out of her, my people,
lest you take part in her sins,
lest you share in her plagues;
5 for her sins are heaped high as heaven,
and God has remembered her iniquities.
But to make sure we're not paranoid, we COULD look at Scripture which has been fulfilled to see where we are in the prophetic timeline, or we could wait until early December when I expect the Ezekiel 38 & 39 and Daniel 11:40-44 "kinetics" to start taking place.

Or ignore all the warnings, -- your choice!
Bobby Jo
I guess one perspective on the scripture you quoted would depend on who you believe her is?

Reactions: Giuliano

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation says nothing about "major cities." It talks about a city.

Revelation 18:10 Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy judgment come.
So you keep saying while sadly mangling the Scriptures.

If you don't know what "Babylon" is, then you're correct.

EVERYONE has the right to be ignorant. But they shouldn't abuse it.
Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To All,

The Babylonian Empire was “the first true metropolis in western history, a business as well as an administrative center[1] -- the prototype of governments as we see them to this day. The Babylonians controlled trade and commerce across western Asia, from the Mediterranean Sea to the Persian Gulf, building highways, legislating business, and beautifying the capital.[2]

[1] John B. Christopher and Robert Lee Wolf, A History of Civilization, Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, 1967, p. 35
[2] Will Durant, Story of Civilization: Part II, Simon and Schuster, NY, 1954, pp. 223-224

The creators of Superman were smart enough to perceive the city in which Clark Kent worked, and the name of the newspaper. If only the church were as intelligent.

Bobby Jo

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you don't know what "Babylon" is, then you're correct.

EVERYONE has the right to be ignorant. But they shouldn't abuse it.
Bobby Jo
One thing for sure is that Babylon is not the cities in California as your overactive imagination has suggested.
The creators of Superman were smart enough to perceive the city in which Clark Kent worked, and the name of the newspaper. If only the church were as intelligent.

Bobby Jo
What's next?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One thing for sure is that Babylon is not the cities in California as your overactive imagination has suggested.
What's next?
I once heard that Noah tied his ass to a tree and walked forty miles, should that make skin the most elastic substance in the universe?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't see how any of that is relevant to you or me today. It doesn't tell me anything about whether I need to stock up on food.

Very simply Giuliano let him stock up on his bread/food while we work on the more important things:

"But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God." Matt 4:4

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People are typically not "deluded". -- They're simply DISOBEDIENT.

And there is ALWAYS a price to be paid for being DISOBEDIENT! :)

Luke 22:35 And he said to them, “When I sent you out with no purse or bag or sandals, did you lack anything?” They said, “Nothing.” 36 He said to them, “But now, let him who has a purse take it, and likewise a bag. And let him who has no sword sell his mantle and buy one.

Bobby Jo
If you really believe this way, there is still a way out. It is called Love.

Reactions: Giuliano and Nancy

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Obedience to what? Thinking that the city of Babylon means the cities in California and that people need to "come out" of them?

NO! You don't need to come out of Mystery Babylon. STAY! It'll be fun! :)

Bobby Jo

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NO! You don't need to come out of Mystery Babylon. STAY! It'll be fun! :)

Bobby Jo
You are reading a book and trying to escape cities in California. That's not keeping the sayings in the book. People hear a voice from heaven telling them to come out. If people cannot hear the heavenly voice, I doubt if they can come out of Mystery Babylon. God's people hear and then obey.

Revelation 18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

Reactions: amadeus

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are reading a book and trying to escape cities in California. ...
I have NO IDEA why your fixation with Southern California. There are NO PLAGUES in Southern California, and NOTHING to worry about. EVERYTHING is FINE!

And the same for other major cities! So stay where you are and be happy ...

A CORRECTED VERSION, JUST FOR YOU:
-- DON'T -- “Come out of her, my people,

Whew,
Bobby Jo

Last edited:

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have NO IDEA why your fixation with Southern California. There are NO PLAGUES in Southern California, and NOTHING to worry about. EVERYTHING is FINE!

And the same for other major cities! So stay where you are and be happy ...

A CORRECTED VERSION, JUST FOR YOU:
-- DON'T -- “Come out of her, my people,

Whew,
Bobby Jo
You were the person talking about California, not me. Has it occurred to you that maybe I already came out of Babylon?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Love" doesn't replace OBEDIENCE. BOTH are required. :)

Bobby Jo
It is God we are to obey. There is only one God and it is to Him we owe our obedience, not to you, nor to your interpretation of what is written in scripture. His sheep hear His voice and thus are able to understand and, yes, to obey without any human intercessor.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To All,

The Babylonian Empire was “the first true metropolis in western history, a business as well as an administrative center[1] -- the prototype of governments as we see them to this day. The Babylonians controlled trade and commerce across western Asia, from the Mediterranean Sea to the Persian Gulf, building highways, legislating business, and beautifying the capital.[2]

[1] John B. Christopher and Robert Lee Wolf, A History of Civilization, Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, 1967, p. 35
[2] Will Durant, Story of Civilization: Part II, Simon and Schuster, NY, 1954, pp. 223-224

Bobby Jo
Salvation does not come by Superman, nor by those who wrote the stories about him, nor by their intelligence, nor by your intelligence. Lean on your own brain if you will, but don't be surprised if you miss the Way to God in spite very careful planning and stockpiling of material food and goods. Jesus did provide a better Way:

"O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps." Jerem 10:23

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." John 14:6

Babylon was and is confusion.

"For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints." I Cor 14:33

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You were the person talking about California, not me. Has it occurred to you that maybe I already came out of Babylon?

If you're a hermit, you don't show it. Maybe you should also give up your computer ...

Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is God we are to obey. ...
Luke 22:35 And he said to them, “When I sent you out with no purse or bag or sandals, did you lack anything?” They said, “Nothing.” 36 He said to them, “But now, let him who has a purse take it, and likewise a bag. And let him who has no sword sell his mantle and buy one.

Simple question. Do you have a "SWORD" ( - understood to be a weapon, typically a firearm - )?

Bobby Jo