Buying and selling in the last days

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sabertooth

Sep 17, 2019
Northern Wisconsin
transcendiary.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Go ahead and add "name" to the text if you like.
"11 Then I saw another beast coming up out of the earth, and he had two horns like a lamb and spoke like a dragon... 16 He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads, 17 and that no one may buy or sell except one who has
  • the mark or
  • the name of the beast, or
  • the number of his name.
18 Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: His number is 666." Revelation 13:11-18 NKJV

Context is everything.

@Bobby Jo , you probably should have led with that...

Last edited:
Reactions: 4Jesus and Giuliano

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh NOOO, the ocean! Hey there's sharks in there!! But then, we have "land sharks too", they are wicked people who try to sneak in false doctrine and lead believers astray . Boy we sure have to be on our toes. "If even the very elect"! I don't know what to think of the differing numbers but...I don't worry about it, it is interesting and deep though.
I need a life jacket :D

I have been reading through this thread, and it seems to have changed course! What troubles me is that If God could sustain over a million Souls in the Wilderness, for forty years, then why do we doubt that He will be able to take care of our needs during a few short years, let me see, oh yes, 7 years. True believers will Trust in the Savior!!

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep, you're right. And don't drive a "CAR", or use "ELECTRICITY", or own a "COMPUTER" because they're NOT IN THE BIBLE.

What do you call a hypocrite? Oh yeah, a hypocrite! :)
Bobby Jo
I would not add "computer" to the book of Revelation.

Reactions: Sabertooth

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"11 Then I saw another beast coming up out of the earth, and he had two horns like a lamb and spoke like a dragon... 16 He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads, 17 and that no one may buy or sell except one who has
  • the mark or
  • the name of the beast, or
  • the number of his name.
18 Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: His number is 666." Revelation 13:11-18 NKJV

Context is everything.

@Bobby Jo , you probably should have led with that...
Ha, so there are three things to be wary of.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... 7 years. ...

Rev. 13:5 ... forty two months ...

Your "7 years" are from a mis-interpretation of Daniel 9, which has NOTHING to do with the Tribulation, except that the destroyer "shall come" after the seventy "weeks", which are not actually "weeks".

... and we've already started the 42 months ...
Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would not add "computer" to the book of Revelation.

What?!?

The word "computer" sums to 666. -- And you LIKE computers and what they will do to mankind, with facial recognition, location tracking, license plate monitoring, and electronic cashless transactions?

Bobby Jo

Last edited:

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rev. 13:5 ... forty two months ...

Your "7 years" are from a mis-interpretation of Daniel 9, which has NOTHING to do with the Tribulation, except that the destroyer "shall come" after the seventy "weeks", which are not actually "weeks".

... and we've already started the 42 months ...
Bobby Jo

When did the 42 months start?

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have been reading through this thread, and it seems to have changed course! What troubles me is that If God could sustain over a million Souls in the Wilderness, for forty years, then why do we doubt that He will be able to take care of our needs during a few short years, let me see, oh yes, 7 years. True believers will Trust in the Savior!!

Hello Truth!
That is exactly my reasoning. Always hope you are doing well :)

Reactions: 4Jesus

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... seventy years after the international recognition of the State of Israel? -- When Trump recognized Jerusalem as the capital of Israel?

Bobby Jo

WOW!! we don't have much time then! what ever shall we do. Repent for the Kingdom of Yehovah is at hand!

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What?!?

The word "computer" sums to 666. -- And you LIKE computers and what they will do to mankind, with facial recognition, location tracking, license plate monitoring, and electronic cashless transactions?

Bobby Jo
By your peculiar method of calculating maybe. You may even think John wrote the book in English. . . .

So you have barcodes and computers -- which one comes up out the earth and looks like a lamb with two horns and speaks like a dragon?

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you serious? I'm not a Christian because there's a train of thought out there, that I'm entertaining, that the original manuscript was "616" and not "666"? C'mon, that's ridiculous.

His peace comes right along with TRUTH. We should NEVER stop feeding our appetite for the things of God.

4Jesus

Feb 15, 2019
Philly
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, wolves is the better word!
Sorry, you will have to use an inner tube, I'm clean out of life jackets...Good thing God is our life line :)

Hehehe, land sharks is good too though. Furry land sharks is just downright funny though :D

Ruh-roh, thankfully I can use the anchor/life line (God) to guide me. Holding my breath in 3...2...1

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hehehe, land sharks is good too though. Furry land sharks is just downright funny though :D

Ruh-roh, thankfully I can use the anchor/life line (God) to guide me. Holding my breath in 3...2...1

:D:D:D

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... -- which one comes up out the earth and looks like a lamb with two horns and speaks like a dragon?
... the one who is the world's most senior Jewish political statesman, whose name ALSO sums to 666 using the SAME METHODOLOGY as summing the word "computer".

You already know his name, but aren't smart enough to put the math to it,
Bobby Jo