Buying and selling in the last days

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The bible talks of another mark, one that his chosen people can be identified by. How many of those professing to know so much about the mark of the beast know what that mark is? How many ever stopped to think their interest in the mark of the beast might be a clue to which mark they've already taken?

Who knows what mark God has given to his people which distinguishes them from the mark of the beast?
'you will know them by their fruits'....Jesus. Not so difficult to determine who is who.....you listen to their words or lack of them...they will tell you of their priorities. You watch their behaviour....are they jealous for God's Laws....do they dismiss the very thing he came to establish?....does all the yada yada amount to nothing except an attempt to impress?

Reactions: 4Jesus

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will survive, either way, here or in Heaven. I don't/won't "die" once I begin Eternal Life...will you?

Maybe you didn't notice, but we're not created to die. When the flood came, GOD kept Noah and his family alive, but most all creation perished. When Lot was surrounded by wickedness, the angels led them out of the city which was to be destroyed. When GOD judges the earth with fire, we are told to flee the cities to avoid sharing in her punishment.

Now if you like being punished, then please feel free. But that's not GOD's plan for your life. HE intends that you should have life, and life more abundantly. Of course there are a LOT of people who insist that when Bright Lights appear in the skies, they will RUN to be burnt up, but the fact is, a dying person will struggle for his/her next breath.

So either prepare a comfortable place with provisions, or struggle with living during the tribulation. -- As Solomon put it:

Proverbs 6
6 Go to the ant, O sluggard;
consider her ways, and be wise.
7 Without having any chief,
officer or ruler,
8 she prepares her food in summer,
and gathers her sustenance in harvest.

... or be as the sluggard ...
Bobby Jo

Last edited:

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You still have to pay property taxes on those.

We don't need excuses. We need action.
  • Taxes are due once a year. So pay then in advance if necessary. Done!
  • Electricity is important so pre-pay several months worth of electricity. Easy!
  • Propane never "spoils". Three 500 gallon tanks ( @ 400 gals/tank = 1,200 gals) should be more than enough!
  • Fire wood never "spoils" Have enough!
  • Augason Farms sells buckets of food through WalMart. They last 20 years, and they're FREE DELIVERY!
  • Mortgages are more difficult, because most do not typically accept pre-payment. But tell them you'll be out of the country and you don't want Direct Payment. Maybe they'll allow you to pre-pay several months, -- and you only need SIX months.

Anybody can find excuses. But the wise find ways,
Bobby Jo

4Jesus

Feb 15, 2019
Philly
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe you didn't notice, but we're not created to die. When the flood came, GOD kept Noah and his family alive, but most all creation perished. When Lot was surrounded by wickedness, the angels led them out of the city which was to be destroyed. When GOD judges the earth with fire, we are told to flee the cities to avoid sharing in her punishment.

Your example is null and void: both Noah and Lot did die eventually.

In the current time, we will take on bodies of incorruption, whether that's via death or the rapture.

Now if you like being punished, then please feel free. But that's not GOD's plan for your life. HE intends that you should have life, and life more abundantly. Of course there are a LOT of people who insist that when Bright Lights appear in the skies, they will RUN to be burnt up, but the fact is, a dying person will struggle for his/her next breath.

So either struggle with living during the tribulation, or prepare a comfortable place with provisions. -- Or as Solomon put it:

Proverbs 6
6 Go to the ant, O sluggard;
consider her ways, and be wise.
7 Without having any chief,
officer or ruler,
8 she prepares her food in summer,
and gathers her sustenance in harvest.

... or you can be as the sluggard ...
Bobby Jo

I'll get put to death or tortured to death; but the rapture is preferred ;)

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... whether that's via death or the rapture.
Then DEATH it is, 'cause there ain't no Tribulation era "rapture". Good Luck.

As for me, I'll be sitting back having a bowl of porridge. Or maybe a can of Keystone® beef:

Keystone Beef.jpg

It's better than we can make at home, and at $7.75/can ($4.60/lb) with FREE SHIPPING -- it's cheaper than buying from the grocery store!
Bobby Jo

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-- Don't forget, that to be included in the cashless system you must swear an oath of allegiance to the United Nations. And if you do that, when Jesus returns you DROP DEAD.

Bobby Jo
If B Netanyahu is our 666, he'd better get on better terms with the UN.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you say "SELF ASSESSMENT"? "Guiliano made his OWN determination. But YOU blamed ME! :)

That's ok, we all make mistakes, -- except me. :D
Bobby Jo

Well, I was talking about this
"You already know his name, but aren't smart enough to put the math to it,
Bobby Jo"
That is tantamount to calling him "stupid"...IMHO.
:)

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If B Netanyahu is our 666, he'd better get on better terms with the UN.

Actually, I'm beginning to suspect that BB & Trump may be the Two Prophets, -- as strange as that might seem.

But no, it's not BB. It's another, more senior. Maybe was in the Nixon administration, but when he sits down with Arabs, they clasp their "pinkie" fingers together as they talk, which is a sign of blood family-relations. But he's fairly old now, so if they're to continue his blood line, they may have to "clone" him.

Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I was talking about this
"You already know his name, but aren't smart enough to put the math to it,
Bobby Jo"
That is tantamount to calling him "stupid"...IMHO.
:)

YOU ALSO know his name. Have YOU applied the A=6, B=12, etc., to his name? Anyone can do it. They just have to apply themselves, and some aren't SMART enough to apply themselves!

Whew (that's for @Nancy) :)
Bobby Jo

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Choose to be ignorant or informed, -- your choice,
Bobby Jo
What you said is almost correct, but that is not much help to the one who is lost. As many people have heard, 'almost' only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. The real choice that makes a difference is between God and mammon.

"No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon." Matt 6:24

If we are serving God, He who knows all answers will provide what is needed when it is needed. Even that is not for us to decide. Simply choose Him rather than the mammon of knowledge gathered by brain of a man alone. Your choice!

"And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh." Ecc 12:12

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YOU ALSO know his name. Have YOU applied the A=6, B=12, etc., to his name? Anyone can do it. They just have to apply themselves, and some aren't SMART enough to apply themselves!

Whew (that's for @Nancy) :)
Bobby Jo
But how smart a person is, has nothing to do with his ability to serve God. Serving God requires not his IQ or even the amount of his education in the scriptures, but in his willingness to actually surrender to God. Saul/Paul was a smart, well educated man but he was without understanding...

"I am verily a man which am a Jew, born in Tarsus, a city in Cilicia, yet brought up in this city at the feet of Gamaliel, and taught according to the perfect manner of the law of the fathers, and was zealous toward God, as ye all are this day.
And I persecuted this way unto the death, binding and delivering into prisons both men and women." Acts 22:3-4

And then...

"And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?
And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.
And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do." Acts 9:4-6

Reactions: Giuliano

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... that is not much help to the one who is lost. ...
I don't disagree that we should reach those who need to be warned of GOD's plan for mankind. But it also must come to the church, who thinks itself wise and informed, but is lazy and uniformed.

What is FAITH without WORKS, so that we should be so ill advised as to not pursue BOTH. And if pursuing WORKS, then apply your energies to receive ALL that GOD has waiting to be REVEALED, including these great and terrible end-times so that each person, their families, and acquaintances should not suffer loss. For our compassion must start at the individual and extend outward, not the inverse.

So pursue and be not dismayed or deterred:

Matt. 11:12 From the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven has suffered violence, and men of violence take it by force. -- If better rendered should read: The kingdom of heaven is obtain by pursuit, and pursuers take it by ardent action.

Rev. 13:18 This calls for wisdom: let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is a human number, its number is six hundred and sixty-six.

A=6
B=12
C=18
etc.​

Ignorance can be cured, but stupidity is forever,
Bobby Jo

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't disagree that we should reach those who need to be warned of GOD's plan for mankind. But it also must come to the church, who thinks itself wise and informed, but is lazy and uniformed.
Lots of people, in my experience, are as you say, lazy and uninformed, apparently without good cause. Still having said that, I am very slow to point at individuals because I am really, most of the time, unable to see what is in their hearts. I say, most of the time, because sometimes God does show me a thing in a person so that He can help them through me.

I am glad you agree to the need to warn. Probably your instructions from God on this differ somewhat from my own due to differences in our callings.

What is FAITH without WORKS, so that we should be so ill advised as to not pursue BOTH. And if pursuing WORKS, then apply your energies to receive ALL that GOD has waiting to be REVEALED, including these great and terrible end-times so that each person, their families, and acquaintances should not suffer loss. For our compassion must start at the individual and extend outward, not the inverse.
Your words sound good. If your heart is really striving toward what I see in your words, I cannot fault you.

So pursue and be not dismayed or deterred:

Matt. 11:12 From the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven has suffered violence, and men of violence take it by force. -- If better rendered should read: The kingdom of heaven is obtain by pursuit, and pursuers take it by ardent action.
I cannot see that as being a proper translation, but I am not expert on the original languages. I must depend on others in this...and the leading of God. Without regard to the accuracy of your rendering, I do see your first phrase in the following verse:

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." Matt 6:33

On your second phrase, it appears OK whether is correct in this verse or not, but "ardent action" simply means to be enthusiastic and passionate in our pursuit. This enthusiasm and passion must come from the Holy Spirit working in us rather than from our own carnal feelings alone.

Rev. 13:18 This calls for wisdom: let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is a human number, its number is six hundred and sixty-six.

A=6
B=12
C=18
etc.​

Ignorance can be cured, but stupidity is forever,
Bobby Jo
And who is it that is able to cure ignorance in men, the ignorance that leads a man to his own pit of destruction?

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." John 14:26

Every man has his own beasts to be overcome and finally killed. This is the wisdom of God for each of us. If our own beasts are all overcome and killed, we will have no trouble in accomplishing God's work as He directs us along His highway of holiness.

"And an highway shall be there, and a way, and it shall be called The way of holiness; the unclean shall not pass over it; but it shall be for those: the wayfaring men, though fools, shall not err therein" Isaiah 35:8

"I said in mine heart concerning the estate of the sons of men, that God might manifest them, and that they might see that they themselves are beasts." Ecc 3:18

"She [wisdom] hath killed her beasts; she hath mingled her wine; she hath also furnished her table." Prov 9:2

Reactions: Sabertooth

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, I'm beginning to suspect that BB & Trump may be the Two Prophets, -- as strange as that might seem.

But no, it's not BB. It's another, more senior. Maybe was in the Nixon administration, but when he sits down with Arabs, they clasp their "pinkie" fingers together as they talk, which is a sign of blood family-relations. But he's fairly old now, so if they're to continue his blood line, they may have to "clone" him.

Bobby Jo
Someone said B Netanyahu adds up to 666. I didn't do the calculation myself.

What about Jared Kushner who invested in the building at 666 Fifth Avenue?

Sabertooth

Sep 17, 2019
Northern Wisconsin
transcendiary.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A=6
B=12
C=18
etc.
That solution is tunnel vision. (And an unbeliever can figure that out.) Did you know that Leonardo Da Vinci used to keep his notes in mirror-image writing as a form of steganography?

(FYI, did you know that all of the numbers on a roulette wheel add up to 666?)

Last edited:
Reactions: Heart2Soul

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lots of people, in my experience, are as you say, lazy and uninformed, apparently without good cause. ...

It's my experience that the church is LAZY and UNINFORMED with GOOD CAUSE, -- thanks to the HIRELING who does all the thinking, all the presenting, and are the receiving of our tithes. Now things could be different if we followed 1 Cor. 14, but that's not likely:

1 Cor. 14: 26 What then, brethren? When you come together, each one has a hymn, a lesson, a revelation, a tongue, or an interpretation. ...

We need marginal "christians" who will wilt under the pressure of not being able to buy or sell, and will comprise the "Great Falling Away". Afterall, prophecy must be fulfilled!

-- and the Matt. 11:12 rendering is accurate! :)
Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Someone said B Netanyahu adds up to 666. I didn't do the calculation myself.

What about Jared Kushner who invested in the building at 666 Fifth Avenue?

Nope, -- to BOTH! The world doesn't want either of those men. It wants someone they can run to and stick a microphone under his chin in times of crisis and turmoil. Someone with Senior State Department experience; someone who has lived many years; and someone has no children so they'll have to clone some of his cells to preserve his "essence". -- Maybe someone modeled after Kissinger, or similar.

Bobby Jo

Last edited: