Buying and selling in the last days

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Philippians 1:21 For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.

Why wait if it's so "wonderful"? And be Pro-Choice so that we can "bless" innocent children. And as I told my own teens, -- I'm Pro-Choice, and it ain't too late! (Actually they were both model children, but parents need to give them a free leash to learn, but boundaries to guide them. :) )

Death is a penalty. Don't make it anything more,
Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That solution is tunnel vision. ...

Tunnel vision is when you have ONE solution that works ONE TIME, and you declare CERTAINTY. Perspective is when you have a solution which works multiple times, with substantiating foundations.

But how can you have "perspective" when you are oblivious to the topic?
Bobby Jo

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's my experience that the church is LAZY and UNINFORMED with GOOD CAUSE, -- thanks to the HIRELING who does all the thinking, all the presenting, and are the receiving of our tithes.
Still generalizing. There is a wide gate where likely many are, but there are also the few:

"Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it." Matt 7:13-14

Only few find it, but don't be taking God's job to decide who is and who is not among those "few".

Now things could be different if we followed 1 Cor. 14, but that's not likely:

1 Cor. 14: 26 What then, brethren? When you come together, each one has a hymn, a lesson, a revelation, a tongue, or an interpretation. ...

We need marginal "christians" who will wilt under the pressure of not being able to buy or sell, and will comprise the "Great Falling Away". Afterall, prophecy must be fulfilled!
Then I guess it your calling from God to address this issue. If so, then I will leave you to it.

-- and the Matt. 11:12 rendering is accurate! :)
Bobby Jo
Hmmm? :)

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... Only few find it, ...
... because they have the HIRELING to do all their thinking. They don't need to have good roots. The HIRELING will water them. They don't need to be able to withstand the hot sun, the HIRELING will assure them that JESUS will not only take care of them, but MAKE THEM MILLIONAIRES, -- if they'll simply put MORE in the OFFERING PLATE.

And when times of duress come, JESUS will RAPTURE THEM from the difficult times. -- Yeah, NOT!

So don't be alarmed or surprised when these wither, -- and many you KNOW might be among them.
Bobby Jo

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why wait if it's so "wonderful"? And be Pro-Choice so that we can "bless" innocent children. And as I told my own teens, -- I'm Pro-Choice, and it ain't too late! (Actually they were both model children, but parents need to give them a free leash to learn, but boundaries to guide them. :) )

Death is a penalty. Don't make it anything more,
Bobby Jo
John 12:25 He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.

Stocking up on food and fuel may not be way to go. . . .

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... because they have the HIRELING to do all their thinking. They don't need to have good roots. The HIRELING will water them. They don't need to be able to withstand the hot sun, the HIRELING will assure them that JESUS will not only take care of them, but MAKE THEM MILLIONAIRES, -- if they'll simply put MORE in the OFFERING PLATE.

And when times of duress come, JESUS will RAPTURE THEM from the difficult times. -- Yeah, NOT!

So don't be alarmed or surprised when these wither, -- and many you KNOW might be among them.
Bobby Jo
Your spirit on this is wrong my friend, even if God did call you to address the issue. Those who are condemned because of their ways are condemned already. No need to mention it repeatedly. Look rather to hopefully help those among them who still have a hope: Some who would be among the few might see the Light if you were to show them some Light instead of always focusing on the darkness. You are sounding a lot like Jonah who obeyed God grudgingly. Is that what God wants from us?

Sabertooth

Sep 17, 2019
Northern Wisconsin
transcendiary.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perspective is when you have a solution which works multiple times, with substantiating foundations.
Since the "number of his name" is distinct from his full name, it will not be a product of his full name. So algorithms based on an analysis of a person's full name are irrelevant.

Last edited:
Reactions: Heart2Soul

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... Look rather to hopefully help those among them who still have a hope ...
You mean the "church"? The ones who are about to perish in their rejection of Jesus -- like Peter in the courtyard?

The WARNING is the HIRELING. The SOLUTION is to obey 1 Cor. 14:26. But it takes work, instead of a nap ...

Bobby Jo

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So follow your path! And good luck!

Whew,
Bobby Jo
I don't worry that much about the future.

Matthew 6:19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
Matthew 6:20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
Matthew 6:21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since the "number of his name" is distinct from his full name, it will not be a product of his full name. So algorithms based on an analysis of a person's full name are irrelevant.

Ohhhhhh, I'm making rules up which aren't there.

Rev. 22:18 I warn every one who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if any one adds to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book,

Yep, this applies to YOU!
Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't worry that much about the future. ...

Perhaps you should follow the last guidance Jesus left before he went to the Garden:

Luke 22:35 And he said to them, “When I sent you out with no purse or bag or sandals, did you lack anything?” They said, “Nothing.” 36 He said to them, “But now, let him who has a purse take it, and likewise a bag. And let him who has no sword sell his mantle and buy one.

Or not,
Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peter didn't perish; he was restored. And he was a different man after Pentecost...

Shadrach Meshach and Abednego REFUSED to take the OATH. Peter wasn't offered the OATH, he simply DENIED JESUS. Weak christians will succumb, and take the OATH, exactly as Peter succumbed and denied Jesus. -- THERE, ARE YOU HAPPY NOW?!?

Whew,
Bobby Jo

Sabertooth

Sep 17, 2019
Northern Wisconsin
transcendiary.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rev. 22:18 I warn every one who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if any one adds to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book,
Yep, this applies to YOU!
"He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads, and that no one may buy or sell except one who has
  1. the mark OR
  2. the name of the beast, OR
  3. the number of his name.
Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate [#3] the number of the beast (not [#2] the name of the beast or #1, for that matter...), for it is the number of a man: His number is 666."

Last edited:

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps you should follow the last guidance Jesus left before he went to the Garden:

Luke 22:35 And he said to them, “When I sent you out with no purse or bag or sandals, did you lack anything?” They said, “Nothing.” 36 He said to them, “But now, let him who has a purse take it, and likewise a bag. And let him who has no sword sell his mantle and buy one.

Or not,
Bobby Jo
You may want to buy guns and ammo yourself to protect your stash of stuff so thieves who know what you have don't come to rob you.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You mean the "church"? The ones who are about to perish in their rejection of Jesus -- like Peter in the courtyard?

The WARNING is the HIRELING. The SOLUTION is to obey 1 Cor. 14:26. But it takes work, instead of a nap ...

Bobby Jo
Not the church, but those who will be among the "few". You could be the vehicle God uses to help them. If their hearts are right He will help them. If you are not available to help, He will use someone else, but that won't do you much good.

Reactions: Nancy

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shadrach Meshach and Abednego REFUSED to take the OATH. Peter wasn't offered the OATH, he simply DENIED JESUS. Weak christians will succumb, and take the OATH, exactly as Peter succumbed and denied Jesus. -- THERE, ARE YOU HAPPY NOW?!?

Whew,
Bobby Jo
Is that why you want canned beef and the other stuff? You're afraid of what you might do if you got hungry enough?