Buying and selling in the last days

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps you should follow the last guidance Jesus left before he went to the Garden:

Luke 22:35 And he said to them, “When I sent you out with no purse or bag or sandals, did you lack anything?” They said, “Nothing.” 36 He said to them, “But now, let him who has a purse take it, and likewise a bag. And let him who has no sword sell his mantle and buy one.

Or not,
Bobby Jo
Hearing His voice now is what will ultimately make the difference for the "few" who enter through that "strait and narrow gate" not your own understanding of written scriptures. Without the Holy Spirit you cannot hear His voice and you cannot see. This what it means to really be blind according to God.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You may want to buy guns and ammo yourself to protect your stash of stuff so thieves who know what you have don't come to rob you.

I think you and @Sabertooth have different agendas than what GOD would guide us in.

Good Luck to the both of you, and Good Luck to @amadeus also, -- you'll all need it.
Bobby Jo

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you and @Sabertooth have different agendas than what GOD would guide us in.

Good Luck to the both of you, and Good Luck to @amadeus also, -- you'll all need it.
Bobby Jo
Revelation says there is a blessing for people who keep the things written in the book. I see nothing in that book about stocking up food and other supplies. I think you're worrying yourself about things you don't need to worry about. God will take care of you.

Last edited:

Sabertooth

Sep 17, 2019
Northern Wisconsin
transcendiary.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God will take care of you.
Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble." Matthew 6:31-34 NKJV

[For those who don't know, red letters means that it's a direct quote from Jesus.]

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"For we walk by faith, not by sight." 2 Corinthians 5:7 NKJV

But we also can see and hear, but this is not speaking of the physical eyes above our nose, nor the physical ears on the sides of our heads, is it?

"Where there is no vision, the people perish:..." Prov 29:18

"For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known." I Cor 13:12

"But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.
And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers." John 10:2-5

So then when it comes to the hearing, our question to those not hearing his voice might be, Are you not one of His sheep?

Sabertooth

Sep 17, 2019
Northern Wisconsin
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All those who don't walk in obedience, will need Good Luck.
Is that from the book of Foreword...?
full

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All those who don't walk in obedience, will need Good Luck.

Good Luck,
Bobby Jo
In the end people will by choosing walk in either through the wide gate or the strait and narrow gate really be deciding for mammon or for God. No luck involved in making that decision. God has given each of us the option... It is either a yea or a nay:

"Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision: for the day of the LORD is near in the valley of decision." Joel 3:14

"But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil." Matt 5:37

Sabertooth

Sep 17, 2019
Northern Wisconsin
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
~~~~~~~​
As a senior citizen was driving down the freeway, his phone rang. Answering he heard his wife's voice urgently warning him, "Herman, I just heard on the news there's a driver going the wrong way on Highway 401. Please be careful-!" "Hun" he answered, "It's not just one car. It's hundreds of them...!"

Reactions: Giuliano

Sabertooth

Sep 17, 2019
Northern Wisconsin
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One of these posts pointed out that when you see people being compelled to get "marks" on their right hand or forehead, don't bother to analyze it. Just get out of there.

Fair enough, but I believe that God gave us a heads-up, because the "number form" (whatever it actually turns out to be) will likely show up in other propaganda media long before it is required/enforced as a tattoo. The three marks may even start off as a fad or fashion (where there is no mandate).

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... No luck involved in making that decision. God has given each of us the option... It is either a yea or a nay ...
The parable for the sower is not quite as black & white as you depict. -- One could say that we create our own "luck", by searching the Scriptures for what GOD has for the church (us) and putting our hand to HIS purpose and plan for our lives. And then there are those who "float" through life as though it were simply a "spiritual" exercise (i.e., Faith -- with or without Scriptural authority).

And that person WILL need "luck" to survive when no man can buy or sell, without succumbing to those trials as Peter failed in the courtyard, -- with the difference that Peter's failure wasn't terminal, but failing to stand for GOD and receiving the mark WILL BE TERMINAL.

Good Luck,
Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... God gave us a heads-up, because the "number form" (whatever it actually turns out to be) ...

You ascribe a mystery for what we SHOULD KNOW. After all, we ARE in the Tribulation. -- But I'll bet THAT'S a surprise to you also ...
Bobby Jo