God supplied His own Demand

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
-

Once you begin to understand that our reconnection to God, that is our Salvation, is all of Him..... then you will SEE this..

When we are born again......God did that.
When we became a new creation in Christ....... God did that.
When all our sin was forgiven and never will it be remembered again..... God did that.
When Salvation required one work to be completed so that it could be offered to humanity, as a Gift...... God did that work as "the finished WORK of JESUS on The Cross.
WE were sinners needing righteousness, and God provided it... as "the gift of righteousness".
We were hell bound, without hope and so lost, and God came here and took care of our situation, Himself.

Salvation, has many wonders, and one of them is the fact that from beginning to end, its God created, God performed, and God maintained.
Our part?
We RECEIVE it by Faith.

Think of it like this...

Whatever the Law demands......God's Grace has provided for you as a GIFT.

Its the Law that demands from you Righteousness.
Its the Grace of God - (Jesus)- through whom God provides Righteousness for you as a GIFT. (Born Again)

The LAW = Demands Righteousness

God's GRACE = Provides...GIVES Righteousness

The Law once defined you as a lost hell bound sinner.
Grace has now redefined you as a citizen of Heaven, A Child of God and a Born again SAINT.

The wonder of the Grace of God is that He Himself provides for you for free = all that He requires of you, to accept you. (Blood Atonement)
What God requires for you to be righteous, He Himself died to provide for you as a Gift.

Salvation is all of GOD and none of you.
"The GIFT of Salvation". "The GIFT of Righteousness"...
That is AMAZING <> GRACE.

Saint, isn't it amazing that God provided Jesus as Himself for you on the Cross, to give to you from HIM what God requires from you to accept you?

A person says......"so even my Faith is a part of God's Gift". ??

ABSOLUTELY...

"Jesus is the AUTHOR and FINISHER of your Faith".. Just as "God who began salvation IN the born again...will Himself be FAITHFUL to complete it".

See all that? Thats God's GIFT of Salvation.

"Grace".= God's Righteousness given to you as a GIFT.

Reactions: marks

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I have no disagreements.

Of course, an underlying theme in your doctrine as you preach it elsewhere is that righteousness isn't practical...

So I would simply contend here that it is indeed practical (1 John 3:7, 1 John 3:17-18, Romans 5:19, Matthew 5:6).

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Yes, I have no disagreements.

Of course, an underlying theme in your doctrine as you preach it elsewhere is that righteousness isn't practical..

Paul is very practical.
When you stop disagreeing with Paul because you are lost in Hebrews while hiding behind 1st John, you'll realize that you spent a lot of time this last 7 weeks opposing the Grace of God, simply because it felt good to your carnality to do it.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul is very practical.
When you stop disagreeing with Paul because you are lost in Hebrews while hiding behind 1st John, you'll realize that you spent a lot of time this last 7 weeks opposing the Grace of God, simply because it felt good to your carnality to do it.
I am not coming from the perspective of someone who wishes to deny the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ.

But I am coming from the perspective of one who wishes to take all of scripture into account.

I am not "lost in Hebrews". I do read the entire book every Saturday; but I also read every other epistle in the course of any given week. So, only about 1/7 of my time in the epistles is even spent in Hebrews. I try to keep a balance and to know the whole counsel of God so that I can preach it more accurately.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I am not coming from the perspective of someone who wishes to deny the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ.

You are a "im trusting in my faith, im abiding by self effort" self savor.
This means you're a legalist, if you are honest.
You can deny it, but within the next 5 posts, you'll again write your personal legalism, as this is what you do.
So, that is definitely not "taking all scripture into account"... but rather that is trying to keep yourself saved.
Good luck with that.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are a "im trusting in my faith, im abiding by self effort" self savor.
This means you're a legalist, if you are honest.
You can deny it, but within the next 5 posts, you'll again write your personal legalism, as this is what you do.
So, that is definitely not "taking all scripture into account"... but rather that is trying to keep yourself saved.
Good luck with that.
I am sealed by the Holy Ghost and He has given to me an everlasting faith.

I do not have to maintain this faith, He maintains it for me because it is genuine faith.

If my faith were not genuine; if it were merely lukewarm, shallow, or nominal, then it would be a Luke 8:13 faith.

As it is, it is a John 6:47 faith.

It is a 1 John 2:17 faith...a faith that will abide for ever.

So, @Behold, explain what is legallstic about anything that I have just said.

Is not everything that I have just said taken from the Bible?