More Christian tattoo artists a positive development?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is is a positive development for more Christians to train and work as tattoo artists?

• Yes; positive for more Christians - preferably men - to train and work and tattoo artists

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
But could they make a living on Ezekiel piercings & tats without veering into Leviticus territory?
I guess as far as the APP and regulators would be concerned it all would depend from their point of view what they are trained and certified for; people's reasons for doing/not doing it would be a separate matter, I guess. IDK...

Sabertooth

Sep 17, 2019
Northern Wisconsin
transcendiary.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess as far as the APP and regulators would be concerned it all would depend from their point of view what they are trained and certified for; people's reasons for doing/not doing it would be a separate matter, I guess. IDK...
I was not questioning a Christian artist's motives, but content. Can a Christian artist tattoo "Capricorns for Jesus?"

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I was questioning a Christian artist's motives, but content. Can a Christian tattoo "Capricorns for Jesus?"
I take your point, yes; but I guess I was thinking of the fact that, if a piercer - Christian or not - working in a parlor is trained and certified only for piercing ears and noses - then it's hard to see how it would be problematic...

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Does that animal exist (in parlors)? (I would expect to find her in the Walmart jewelry counter.)
I guess I use the term 'parlor' loosely... :)

After all, what they do at Walmart jewelry counters is pretty benign... :)

(A lot of faith based tattoo designs are pretty benign as well, and widely regarded as such, judging by the amount of Christians that have them...)

Sabertooth

Sep 17, 2019
Northern Wisconsin
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A lot of faith based tattoo designs are pretty benign as well, and widely regarded as such, judging by the amount of Christians that have them...
This thread assumes that Christian demand will be benign, but the title asks of Christian artists, providing the services.

Can a Christian run an Ezekiel-only parlor and stay in business? My guess is no.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
This thread assumes that Christian demand will be benign, but the title asks of Christian artists, providing the services.

Can a Christian run an Ezekiel-only parlor and stay in business? My guess is no.
FYI, I saw this report in Huffington Post:

' "...Most of my clients are in the older bracket," Gallo-Kohlas told The Huffington Post. "We see a lot of women in their sixties and seventies getting their first tattoos." Gallo-Kohlas recalls a woman in her sixties who got a tattoo because everyone in the golf clique at her gated community had one. It seemed like the thing to do in order to fit in.'
Many Women Get Tattoos Post 50 ? And Don't Regret It Later huffington post

I guess it's possible that, just as in the area in question most of this parlor's clients are older ppl, so also there may be some area where a majority of the parlor's clients maybe professing Christians... (What do you think?)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
There has also been a link between some of the more exotic piercings & acupuncture.
To some extent there may be a scientific basis for pressure point therapy / acupuncture. While piercings are not necessarily regarded in this light. Or depends on which placements, I suppose, to some extent. (What do you think?)

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@aspen I guess this is all quite subjective, right? For example, would you have disliked the same ink if it was on a man in the same placement?

(I guess it goes to show just how prevalent the demand for ink services is; hence the poll and discussion, maybe...)

yes I do not like a lot of tattoo that seem to be placed with the only purpose of filling space whether it is on a man or women

Sabertooth

Sep 17, 2019
Northern Wisconsin
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To some extent there may be a scientific basis for pressure point therapy / acupuncture.
(What do you think?)
Acupuncture disregards known physiology for its "qi/energy lines" model of the human body. It is too long-lived to be a contemporary scam. If it works at all, it does so on an occult paradigm.
Did you see any of @Sabertooth 's posts above? he seems to be arguing against working in tattoo parlors.
No. I just think that Ezekiel-friendly commissions will be limited, requiring the adding of more questionable content to their repertoire, OR settling for less commissions. If they can stay solvent while only doing benign or God-honoring content, more power to them.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Acupuncture disregards known physiology for its "qi/energy lines" model of the human body. It is too long-lived to be a contemporary scam. If it works at all, it does so on an occult paradigm.

No. I just think that Ezekiel-friendly commissions will be limited, requiring the adding of more questionable content to their repertoire, OR settling for less commissions. If they can stay solvent while only doing benign or God-honoring content, more power to them.
You know a lot more about acupuncture than me.

... & Thanks for the clarification! :)