More Christian tattoo artists a positive development?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is is a positive development for more Christians to train and work as tattoo artists?

• Yes; positive for more Christians - preferably men - to train and work and tattoo artists

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
the sense of being highly embellished ... is common in art and can be benign
@Sabertooth I guess this would include tattooing (I note also your practical qualification).

It used to be that a particular demographic of male sailors and bikers got tattooed. Now it would be regarded as a benign widely sought after enhancement for both genders. Hence also Christians wanting to use the medium for expressing a faith message.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I agree with you about the Christian tattoo-ed. Your OP seems to be about the Christian tattoo-er.
@Sabertooth I do agree about the distinction and I noted your qualification; in terms of the sheer demand for tattoo services, there may be scope for some artists doing a considerable proportion of faith based tattoo artwork. (I reckon this might be the case, anyway, if you see what I mean?)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
On his chest John 3:16 is tatooed:

View attachment 6648

Oz
@OzSpen My wife and I talked to a young lady with the whole of John 3.16 tattooed on her wrist area; it was her favorite Bible verse and mine also; and I'm sure other conversations have arisen as a result of her willingness to be injected with ink in this design.

Striking tattoos there in your attachments. :)

Reactions: OzSpen

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
That is where I am skeptical, like Christian cinema or, at least, spiritually benign cinema. It is out there but very rare.
@Sabertooth
I take your sincerely held point; I guess it also begs the question, Would not the many Christian users of parlors appreciate being injected in one where a Christian atmosphere prevails?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
If such an animal can exist. There are Christian films/filmmakers, after all.
My mother who is not into films agrees with the positive nature of the Fact and Faith films of 60 years ago.

I guess a similar extrapolation can be made about receiving — and doing — tattoo artwork, if this makes any sense?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
That is where I am skeptical...
@Sabertooth I know what you mean, I think; some ppl's starting point is skepticism; others are from the start strongly motivated for a particular course of action; and I guess that, while there are dedicated tattooees who receive ink, to be a tattoo artist does indeed requite a lot of motivation and dedication. It's a profession which is finally opening up to women also in larger numbers.