More Christian tattoo artists a positive development?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is is a positive development for more Christians to train and work as tattoo artists?

• Yes; positive for more Christians - preferably men - to train and work and tattoo artists

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Ppl do talk about things being addictive; I guess the answer to that sort of question would be that there are indeed bad addictions but also more benign ones...

(The design I got faded...)
Actually, I think any addiction is bad because you depend on it for your happiness.
Paul said not to get drunk on anything...
To not depend on anything, except God.

This is why some are covered with tattoos.
They want to change their look...
and also, because they run out of space...? (for their addiiction?.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Oh so your observations from the beach visit were more about their extent rather than the size of individual designs.

Yes, their extent - multiples - do indeed show how widespread and wished for it is these days among the youngsters especially.
Yes, I'm sorry if I didn't explain myself properly.
Before girls used to have little tattoos...
now they're bigger
AND
they have quite a few.

Let alone men,,,who seem to have them all over their body:
the legs, arms, the back, the chest.

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Before girls used to have little tattoos...
now they're bigger
AND
they have quite a few.
When it used to be mainly a manly thing to do, women that did it would typically get little tattoos. Now that it's become also a very womanly thing to do, the whole scene has undoubtedly in various ways changed a great deal. What's changed also is not only the extent of women as well as men receiving ink; it seems that many women have joined men in giving ink professionally.

(This is why it perhaps begs the question whether more Christian women might consider training to work in giving ink, not least because of faith based design potentials. If there is any slight logic to this?)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
This is not a healthy trend at all.
Where some Christians may have misgivings, others would maybe resolve to turn the medium as a faith statement opportunity, FYI:

QueenCat said:
Around here (Bible Belt), it is common, especially among evangelical Christians, for the girls under about 40 to have religious tattoos. More do than don't, especially when you get to the under 30 crowd. I hardly know any female at church that is under 30 that does not have a tattoo.
forums dot thewelltrainedmind dot com

Maybe it's somewhat a generational thing also, but not a few young women seem to be considering working as tattoo artists that might not have done years ago.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh so your observations from the beach visit were more about their extent rather than the size of individual designs.

Yes, their extent - multiples - do indeed show how widespread and wished for it is these days among the youngsters especially.

Tuesday night InkMaster aired three episodes at once to catch up. I guess something else was important for that time slot for three weeks. Next week will be the last episode before the finale.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
When it used to be mainly a manly thing to do, women that did it would typically get little tattoos. Now that it's become also a very womanly thing to do, the whole scene has undoubtedly in various ways changed a great deal. What's changed also is not only the extent of women as well as men receiving ink; it seems that many women have joined men in giving ink professionally.

(This is why it perhaps begs the question whether more Christian women might consider training to work in giving ink, not least because of faith based design potentials. If there is any slight logic to this?)
I don't understand the logic F.
God made beautiful bodies...
both female and male.
Why change them so drastically?
Maybe you should have a psychological thread on this?

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't understand the logic F.
God made beautiful bodies...
both female and male.
Why change them so drastically?
Maybe you should have a psychological thread on this?
When I read your words and saw the pictures, I really wanted to laugh, but God would not allow me to do so. It is important to Him and not at all funny.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
When I read your words and saw the pictures, I really wanted to laugh, but God would not allow me to do so. It is important to Him and not at all funny.
Yes A, it's not so funny.
It's pretty horrible what some do to their bodies.
There's even worse than this...I just don't even want to post it.

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes A, it's not so funny.
It's pretty horrible what some do to their bodies.
There's even worse than this...I just don't even want to post it.
No, to post more pictures even on this thread would be to add to the sorrow: "Jesus wept"

Reactions: GodsGrace