1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

More Christian tattoo artists a positive development?

Discussion in 'Fellowship Forum' started by farouk, Sep 13, 2019.

1. Yes; positive for more Christians - preferably men - to train and work and tattoo artists

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes; positive for more Christian men AND women to train and work as tattoo artists

17.4%
  3. No (includes: No!!!!!)

56.5%
  4. Not sure / rather not say

26.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. farouk

farouk Well-Known Member

@Acolyte It must have been quite the tattoo party.

Did you vote in the new poll, above, yet?

2. farouk

farouk Well-Known Member

@Heart2Soul Thanks for your vote in the poll! I see that you think it's a positive thing for
    more Christian men AND women to learn to give ink! :)

3. Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    I think it would be a great opportunity to witness and to share Jesus and to discover what message the person hopes to convey with their art.

farouk likes this.
  4. farouk

farouk Well-Known Member

Thanks to all who voted so far in the poll!

NB: If you have not yet voted in the poll, please vote now! :)

5. farouk

farouk Well-Known Member

@Heart2Soul As well as the witness potential, you see that the poll answer that you voted for emphasized that — while years ago receiving and giving tattoos was very much a man thing — now they are very much a womanly thing to receive, but also for the Christian learning to give tattoos can be a very womanly thing to do, right? :)

Heart2Soul likes this.
  6. amadeus

amadeus Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    So you answer a question with a question as if that covered the ground? There is also a wide demand for illegal drugs, is there not? I'm sure that is true as well.

7. farouk

farouk Well-Known Member

So do you equate tattoos - faith based or otherwise - with illegal drugs? :)

(I guess this is yet another question...)

8. farouk

farouk Well-Known Member

PS: @jshiii Do you reckon that in South Carolina tattoo parlors are less regulated than in North Carolina? and if so is this in some ways a good thing? :cool:

9. jshiii

jshiii Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    No comment lol, but I really don't know a lot about tattoos because I really have had no desire for them. Even though Im ex military.

farouk likes this.
  10. farouk

farouk Well-Known Member

I think you also said Mrs. jshii has none, either. (Actually it seems that military spouses are a very significant demographic among the tattooed these days; maybe your wife has commented.)

11. jshiii

jshiii Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Neither of us have tattoos lol

farouk likes this.
  12. jshiii

jshiii Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States

of course my son has a tattoo for all of us

Waiting on him and farouk like this.
  13. farouk

farouk Well-Known Member

I saw this quote, FYI:
    chirstianforums dot com

Maybe your wife hasn't commented about this widespread custom among military wives, but it seems to be a significant demographic, anyway...

jshiii likes this.
  14. jshiii

jshiii Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States

To each his on....I would not judge someone either way. ;) However, don't let these fundamentalist get wind of it...they will judge quickly...just like the Pharisees

Waiting on him and farouk like this.
  15. amadeus

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Yes, when they cause anyone to take his eyes off of God or they become a higher priority than God in our life as measured by time and devotion to and toward God. God alone measures us. In another post on another thread I was critical even of Bible study without communication with God... that is without Life, that is without the lead of the Holy Spirit.

"I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service." Rom 12:1

We have for each full week 168 hours available to us. How much should be used for God according the above verse?

You still have not answered the question asked by @JohnPaul which is alluded to in my above words if you can understand them.

16. farouk

farouk Well-Known Member

Sir. I guess anything .... anything ... I say about the matter will not be acceptable to you, but will lead to more enquiries from you. :)

17. amadeus

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    This is not so.

I jump into your threads at times in hopes of steering people toward what I see as more important things. People may indeed get tattoos without sinning but the tattoo parlor is not likely to be the best place to make all of our investments.

"And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things:
    But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her." Luke 10:41-42

I see you frequently on other threads, but you never get into them like you do on these tattoo threads. Why, indeed, would anyone ask whether you might be obsessed with the subject? Why do you not answer that question?

You seem to know a lot of scripture, but even here on this thread [and similar ones] you don't quote verses which could help people make decisions you press them to make. I know you often show the Book and verse designations, but many people won't check to see what those verses say. If they are reading your post, they will almost always read the actual verse fully included.

18. marks

marks Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    I never vote in these polls, but on this I vote No!!!

I do not believe tatooing one's skin honors God with our bodies.

much love!

amadeus likes this.
  19. farouk

farouk Well-Known Member

@Naomi25 Recently you said:

So did you vote in the poll, above yet? :)

20. farouk

farouk Well-Known Member

@soul man Did you vote in the new poll, yet?

(Hoping your wife is continuing to do well, by God's grace.)