1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

More Christian tattoo artists a positive development?

Discussion in 'Fellowship Forum' started by farouk, Sep 13, 2019.

1. Yes; positive for more Christians - preferably men - to train and work and tattoo artists

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes; positive for more Christian men AND women to train and work as tattoo artists

16.0%
  3. No (includes: No!!!!!)

60.0%
  4. Not sure / rather not say

24.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. farouk

farouk Well-Known Member

@Man on Fire
    My wife and I talked to a young lady with the whole of John 3.16 tattooed on her wrist area; it was her favorite Bible verse, and mine also; and I'm sure other conversations have arisen as a result of her willingness to be injected with ink in this design.

(So her ink was frankly nothing to do with prostitution.)

2. farouk

farouk Well-Known Member

Thanks to all who voted so far in the poll!

NB: If you have not yet voted in the poll, please vote now! :)

3. Man on Fire

Man on Fire Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    I was more talking about culture, and societies shift to where tattoos suddenly became cool or accepted, and some people have seemed to have something in their psyche where they are addicted to having them, and those type of people, at times, also have drifted into trans-humanism, like having technological upgrades implanted. That shows a spirit or spirits.

Someone fasting on the side of the road may have wanted attention for their fasting. They received their reward? Don't do things to be seen. Christians should be as plain as John the Baptist.

Some men go to the gym to be seen. They would like to be seen there working out thinking it gets them attention, and makes them look better in the eyes of their peers. Some men go to the gym because they need to get a work out in, and they are intrinsically motivated. They do not need outside approval. They are not working to please man. In being at the gym, they may be stoic looking, and impressive, and they tend to inspire others.

At the least, an 18 year old, or so girl, looking to get a tattoo, may have been looking for attention in the wrong ways.

4. Sabertooth

Sabertooth Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    It can't be all that conservative, then... :p

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
    amadeus, Willie T and bbyrd009 like this.
  5. farouk

farouk Well-Known Member

@Sabertooth Oh it's doctrinally conservative all right; it's just that I guess those things are so much part of the culture now that to give them a hard time about it would be senseless.

6. Sabertooth

Sabertooth Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    I was referring to "your wife and wife..." (unless that wasn't a typo... :eek:).

7. farouk

farouk Well-Known Member

Where my wife and I go.

Sabertooth likes this.
  8. farouk

farouk Well-Known Member

@Josho Yes, it's good to take getting seriously tattooed with Christian designs. You're right.

Do you know ppl who have evidently gotten it done seriously with Christian designs?

9. farouk

farouk Well-Known Member

@Sabertooth As with tattoos, I guess believing piercers and artist would each have his or her zones of comfort, so to speak, right?

10. Sabertooth

Sabertooth Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    They should. It needs to be part of their business setup, too, or their scruples will be "thrown under a bus" along the way.

11. farouk

farouk Well-Known Member

I guess it also depends on the level of training and certification by APP - the Association of Professional Piercers. A piercing option can enhance a tattoo parlor's business, without doubt.

12. farouk

farouk Well-Known Member

@Sabertooth Do you think the symbolism of your trumpeter picture in your media section has its idealistic side? :)

I do retain the sense in which the Christian receiver or giver of tattoos might be motivated by idealism to some extent.

13. Sabertooth

Sabertooth Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    You are taking the concept of "idealism" in a different direction than what I meant. All fictional superheroes are idealized forms. When real people engage in idealism, their expectations don't always mesh with their reality. That is important for real people. Fictional characters live in fictional contexts.

farouk likes this.
  14. farouk

farouk Well-Known Member

@Sabertooth I do take your point, yes; the term idealism can be used in very different ways.

When my wife and I talked to the young lady with the whole of John 3.16 tattooed on her wrist area, I guess I retained as sense of her idealism having likely driven her inking - however exactly her idealism might be defined; I do take your point about it having various definitions.

15. farouk

farouk Well-Known Member

@Waiting on him Hoping what's best for her works out well, anyway. The willingness to receive - and the willingness to give - ink can for many ppl ultimately be part of the same continuum, can't it?

Waiting on him likes this.
  16. farouk

farouk Well-Known Member

@aspen Sounds like your niece has become rather dedicated to the artform and to the profession. Tattoo parlors are really opening up for women now.

17. farouk

farouk Well-Known Member

@Mayflower There is a time in the design and the subsequent process of being pumped with ink when a strong and wholesome sense of completeness, of wholeness, emerges. A design can progressively unfold in one's mind in stages for the future; there does come a time when there is that 100% - done it - really is me - moment.

For artist and client there is a very meaningful partnership in reaching the vantage point of that moment, isn't there?

Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
  18. farouk

farouk Well-Known Member

@jshiii So has she gotten accustomed to your son's ink yet...?

19. farouk

farouk Well-Known Member

@shnarkle Anyway what you describe would these days probably be regarded as fairly unobtrusive, mainstream, womanly acquisitions for them to have, don't you think?

20. shnarkle

shnarkle Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Other Faith
    United States
    I guess so. Tattoos are becoming ubiquitous. I've seen teenage girls with sleeves, and that was almost twenty years ago.

farouk likes this.