More Christian tattoo artists a positive development?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is is a positive development for more Christians to train and work as tattoo artists?

• Yes; positive for more Christians - preferably men - to train and work and tattoo artists

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
There was no doubt they were all first tattoos. All three of them went out and got them together.
@shnarkle Anyway, I guess it's not really surprising because it's a very widespread custom now. A few people might somehow find fault with it that they did it, but a lot of ppl wouldn't. Bearing in mind also that statistics apparently show that 59%-70% or more of parlor clients in North America now are female. So the individuals you know might not have felt free to do it when in their youth, but now that Christian women — including some who post on these threads — seem widely to do it with complete confidence seemingly without regrets, it may be that, being now motivated, the individuals you know for the first time in their lives felt free and confident to go ahead and do it.

However it might have been perceived by some ppl in the distant past, maybe these days it's often all about family identification and womanliness; FYI:

Jill Clarke said:
I got my tattoo 18 months ago as my daughters started to get those.

Sandi Boland said:
I'm 65 and got my first tattoo last year with my younger daughter. It is on my forearm near the wrist ..I will be getting another one when my older daughter comes to visit in a couple of weeks.

Source: sixtyandme dot com

Last edited:

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
@shnarkle Anyway, I guess it's not really surprising because it's a very widespread custom now. A few people might somehow find fault with it that they did it, but a lot of ppl wouldn't. Bearing in mind also that statistics apparently show that 59%-70% or more of parlor clients in North America now are female. So the individuals you know might not have felt free to do it when in their youth, but now that Christian women — including some who post on these threads — seem widely to do it with complete confidence seemingly without regrets, it may be that, being now motivated, the individuals you know for the first time in their lives felt free and confident to go ahead and do it.

However it might have been perceived by some ppl in the distant past, maybe these days it's often all about family identification and womanliness; FYI:

Source: sixtyandme dot com

No doubt about it. Although dykes are not known for their feminine tattoos. I think the greater issue here is with regards to tattoos marking Christ's crucifixion which is a direct affront to God's law forbidding tattoos for the dead. Someone else brought this up earlier, and it just dawned on me that so many of them are of Christ on a cross, etc. Seems a bit ironic, but then the church has been following the queues of secular society for hundreds of years.

jshiii

Oct 15, 2008
North Pole
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@jshiii So were you and/or your wife disappointed/shocked when your son first had it done? or were you serene about it from the start?

I was a little shocked! However, since I grew up with sooo much criticism from my Dad (which affected me negatively IMO), I decided not to show judgment and just love my son as is. ;)

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I really just like the art.
@CharismaticLady You probably simply want art to look good, rather than wanting it to feel good, as well. To be an active dermis participant there does need to be also that strong, personal urge that won't go away until the person grasps the nettle, so to speak, and receives the 'good and painful' needling (if this makes paradoxical sense?).

Reactions: CharismaticLady

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
No doubt about it. Although dykes are not known for their feminine tattoos. I think the greater issue here is with regards to tattoos marking Christ's crucifixion which is a direct affront to God's law forbidding tattoos for the dead. Someone else brought this up earlier, and it just dawned on me that so many of them are of Christ on a cross, etc. Seems a bit ironic, but then the church has been following the queues of secular society for hundreds of years.
@shnarkle Interesting, though, that Paul says: "Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body." (2 Corinthians 4.10)