More Christian tattoo artists a positive development?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is is a positive development for more Christians to train and work as tattoo artists?

• Yes; positive for more Christians - preferably men - to train and work and tattoo artists

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I am not inclined to believe that popular vote can make a pursuit into a Godly one. Conversely, such cannot make it into an un-Godly pursuit, either.
@Sabertooth Yes, it's hard to make sweeping generalizations about someone's spiritual state because of a haircut. The same comment would apply to their tattoo(s) also...

JPPT1974

Flowers of May
Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 23, 2012
East TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not a tattoo person but really glad to find Christians artists in standing by their faith only doing Christian art.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@CharismaticLady PS: So don't forget that parlors have portfolios which ppl can go look at with absolutely no obligation. (There's probably one near you; and there's unlikely to be any pressure on you whatsoever; it's unprofessional.)

No, I'd want the best, and besides that possibility is long gone.

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
@shnarkle Interesting, though, that Paul says: "Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body." (2 Corinthians 4.10)
Exactly! That is the exact opposite of decorating one's body. One has to die to this world to live. Decorating the body is celebrating the flesh rather than crucifying it.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Exactly! That is the exact opposite of decorating one's body. One has to die to this world to live. Decorating the body is celebrating the flesh rather than crucifying it.
@shnarkle Some Christians would argue that a faith based tattoo design is pragmatically a very effective witness tool - silent or conversation-starting. My wife and and I talked to a young lady with the whole of John 3.16 tattooed on her wrist area; it was her favorite Bible verse and mine also; and I'm sure other conversations have arisen as a result of her willingness to go ahead and let a tattoo artist do it.

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Not a tattoo person but really glad to find Christians artists in standing by their faith only doing Christian art.
@JPPT1974 Doing it to Christians does indeed provide an effective tool in witness, if it's in a clear, faith based design. Like I said in the previous post, My wife and and I talked to a young lady with the whole of John 3.16 tattooed on her wrist area; it was her favorite Bible verse and mine also; and I'm sure other conversations have arisen as a result of her willingness to go ahead and let a tattoo artist do it.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Back when I was looking for a wife, if a woman had a tattoo, that was a major turn-off.
@A_Man Now if the mere fact of a tattoo is a decisive no-no as regards a potential Christian spouse, one would sometimes be rather limited. A lot of Christians, instead of fighting the medium, have instead chosen to embrace it and maybe use it in what they might see as God-glorifying designs that are proven effective conversation-starters in witness.

A_Man

Nov 8, 2019
Atlanta area
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@A_Man Now if the mere fact of a tattoo is a decisive no-no as regards a potential Christian spouse, one would sometimes be rather limited. A lot of Christians, instead of fighting the medium, have instead chosen to embrace it and maybe use it in what they might see as God-glorifying designs that are proven effective conversation-starters in witness.
Tattoos are still rare in the parts of Asia where I have spent a lot of time. I've been married 20 years. But if I were young and single and looking for a wife, I could find a tattoo-free virgin Christian girl overseas.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Tattoos are still rare in the parts of Asia where I have spent a lot of time. I've been married 20 years. But if I were young and single and looking for a wife, I could find a tattoo-free virgin Christian girl overseas.
@A_Man Well, this is entirely up to the individual now, of course. I saw a quote from the Bible Belt showing how extensive it is now. (I'll try to dig it up...)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@A_Man Here it is, in the light of which I guess it shows that it may be less and less of a deal-breaker now...

QueenCat said:
Around here (Bible Belt), it is common, especially among evangelical Christians, for the girls under about 40 to have religious tattoos. More do than don't, especially when you get to the under 30 crowd. I hardly know any female at church that is under 30 that does not have a tattoo.
forums dot thewelltrainedmind dot com

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
No, I'd want the best...
@CharismaticLady PS: Did you see the most recent posts and the way the discussion seems to be proceeding? would you purely hypothetically like the idea of being treated as 'the worst' - by a potential spouse - whereas you hypothetically may have been seeking 'the best' - aesthetically? (I hope the question is not too convoluted...)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
The younger daughter has designed most of hers she’s also an artist and there actually pretty nice.
@Waiting on him She didn't rely on someone else's parlor portfolio, then?

Parlors can be a good source of design ideas (as well as persuasive advertisement for the artists in question, of course). It's good how one can spend time looking at portfolios without obligation.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I know that we both pray that whatever she chooses in life, she’ll do as if unto the Lord.
@Waiting on him The young lady my wife and I talked to who had the whole of John 3.16 tattooed on her wrist area would likely say she did it for the sake of the Lord. (I guess you would be glad to hear such a sentiment from any family member, right?)

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Waiting on him The young lady my wife and I talked to who had the whole of John 3.16 tattooed on her wrist area would likely say she did it for the sake of the Lord. (I guess you would be glad to hear such a sentiment from any family member, right?)
I just wish I had some family members that were interested in God.

Reactions: farouk