Poll: Best age for first tattoo?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Poll: Best age for first tattoo?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Brighton is a tourist hot spot, so we get loads of visitors, and many people like to get tattoos when they are away- my son always gets something added to his arm when he is away on holiday, he very seldom goes to Brighton to get anything done now.
Also Brighton is such a cultural mix - quite arty and quirky , and possibly ' weird ' !!! Lol
Yes, well, I guess it's understandable: for many people an extra tattoo can be like a permanent postcard: a memento of a particular trip. Because as I recall it takes so relatively little time to go by train from London to Brighton, the tattoo establishment area would in all probability now almost function as a suburb of London for a lot of young people. In fact, I imaging booking time on a Saturday at a Brighton parlor would probably be pretty difficult, for all the London based visitors who would be able to go there easily; and overseas visitors with an ink interest can easily include an afternoon trip to Brighton with stays in London (along with other day trips to Windsor, Oxford and Stratford-upon-Avon). Local Brighton residents are probably at a parlor booking advantage in terms of availability during evenings of weeknights especially.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Pearl Thanks for the 'like'; my guess is that there is probably quite a concentration of parlors in Blackpool also.
I wouldn't know farouk, it's not something I would notice. But you seem to be very interested in the subject.

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I’m a daughter of the King and now believe that the way I look should reflect that status. Obviously that’s not saying we all have to look the same, we are individuals with individual likes and dislikes so if someone likes to show off a tattoo that’s ok as long as it is tasteful, just as it is ok to wear dangly earrings and sequins and red dresses.
PS: @Pearl On the other thread you said something specific to tattoos; I agree; and the OP quote on this thread would maybe tend to bear out what you are saying. I've mentioned before that my wife and I talked to a young lady - modest and Godly seeming - with the words of John 3.16 tattooed on her wrist area: her favorite Bible verse and mine also.

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@farouk , I don't understand, what is this obsession with tatoos? Are you a tatoo artist, or?
I have seen you on other forums constantly bringing up the topic of tatoos.
Forgive me, if my assumption is wrong, but curiosity got the best of me.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@farouk , I don't understand, what is this obsession with tatoos? Are you a tatoo artist, or?
I have seen you on other forums constantly bringing up the topic of tatoos.
Forgive me, if my assumption is wrong, but curiosity got the best of me.
See OP quote for the undoubted fact of their prevalence. My last post related to something @Pearl said about tattoos on another thread; and rather than mention tattoos on that particular thread I commented here.

No, I'm not an artist.

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See OP quote for the undoubted fact of their prevalence
I just reread the OP and couldn't see the 'Why' for the obsession for posting about tatoos on many forums.
But, be it as it may, it's not an important topic to me, so don't feel compelled to answer. I was just curious, maybe bored lol.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I just reread the OP and couldn't see the 'Why' for the obsession for posting about tatoos on many forums.
But, be it as it may, it's not an important topic to me, so don't feel compelled to answer. I was just curious, maybe bored lol.
"obsession" = matter of opinion.

"topical subject" = probably self-evident from the OP and contemporary awareness.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Brighton is a tourist hot spot, so we get loads of visitors, and many people like to get tattoos when they are away- my son always gets something added to his arm when he is away on holiday, he very seldom goes to Brighton to get anything done now.
@Butterfly Yes, for some of those who have become well acclimatized to inkings, the venue at which they occur can increasingly become significant as well as the actual skin design injecting aspect. It's all part of the ink remembering experience; I'm sure you would agree. Though I suppose he would have used the Brighton tattoo district at one stage, I guess he's not especially keen on it nowadays, any more.