Poll: Best age for first tattoo?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Poll: Best age for first tattoo?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
THIS is the problem!
We will all have wrinkly skin one day.
(if we're lucky).
Well, age doesn't seem to be a barrier for having it done. Even though it's especially associate with the younger generation.

(I think that although the older generation today did do it, it was nearly always men, when they were young. Now that has changed hugely, hasn't it?)

Acolyte

Oct 7, 2018
Midwest/usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do they ever wonder how you plucked up the courage to do it? and are you a bit surprised they themselves - assuming they're old enough - never did it yet?

Honestly, this sounds ridiculous, but peer pressure played a big part in mine. At 46 mind you. Hopefully those who get them do it for themselves. :rolleyes:

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Honestly, this sounds ridiculous, but peer pressure played a big part in mine. At 46 mind you. Hopefully those who get them do it for themselves. :rolleyes:
So maybe your grandchildren are not susceptible to peer pressure also, when it comes to tattoos?

Although I think you would rather they did it once they got a design they first each really wanted.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I don't remember this question actually. But I wasnt numbed. Didnt know there was.
Thanks! (Post #602, above, actually).

So you weren't numbed; I guess the artist just prepared the area without apply an agent that numbs the skin. Some ppl ask for it; presumably because their pain tolerance isn't high. (DrNumb is one such agent.)

But a lot of ppl's motivation is strong enough and their desire to be inked is deep enough that they can look forward to the experience without feeling the need for a numbing agent (which sounds like was your experience also, right?)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Absolutely farouk, it's his life, his choice. And I love him. And I pray for him. No matter what. It's called unconditional love. Which is what Jesus has for us.
Shows that for a lot of young people it's somehow rather important for them to do it. Not that objectively they OUGHT to do it or that it always MEANS something specific, but that the young ppl themselves attach importance to ink without necessarily putting it into words. (If this makes sense?)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I have Christian friends who have them. They usually have their favorite Bible verse tattooed on a wrist--sometimes on the lower leg.
Have any of your friends ever explained to you the motivation to use ink in this way in witness? because it's very widespread among Christians now.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Well, anyway, there are numbing creams, but you must know your skin tolerance.
My SKIN tolerance?
What about my PAIN tolerance?

I've been through a lot of pain and I don't like it.
BTW, I tried to vote again and it didn't work.

Anyway, isn't this ILLEGAL!
lol

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
My SKIN tolerance?
What about my PAIN tolerance?

I've been through a lot of pain and I don't like it.
BTW, I tried to vote again and it didn't work.

Anyway, isn't this ILLEGAL!
lol
I guess I meant 'skin's pain tolerance'...

Did you try clicking on 'change your vote', above? (Multiple votes are possible.)