The coming 4 Blood moons...what's it mean?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lukethreesix

Jan 11, 2014
I think it might be a sign for the coming of Antichrist and the rebuilding of the temple and temple worship along with a short time of peace and deception. But I'm not sure? Have any of you checked this celestial phenomena?

Dodo_David

Melmacian in human guise
Jul 13, 2013
It just means that John Hagee has a book to sell.

four-blood-moons-john-hagee.jpg

Reactions: Pilgrimer

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
All we need now is a red heifer to go with our red moons.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
lukethreesix said:
I think it might be a sign for the coming of Antichrist and the rebuilding of the temple and temple worship along with a short time of peace and deception. But I'm not sure? Have any of you checked this celestial phenomena?
Its called an eclipse

Been hundreds of them

And no antichrist with any of them

Reactions: aspen

lukethreesix

Jan 11, 2014
I think the way you all think. I usually don't get carried up in these types of things, Jer 10:2 says don't freak out over signs in heaven as the heathens do.

But I did notice that the last two times these moons fell 4 times in a row, all landing on Passover and the Feast of Tabernacles there was huge events in world history having to do with Israel. So I was wondering what is the next big event to do with Israel according to scripture?

I do agree with you Dodo, its a money maker for sure.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
lukethreesix said:
I think the way you all think. I usually don't get carried up in these types of things, Jer 10:2 says don't freak out over signs in heaven as the heathens do.

But I did notice that the last two times these moons fell 4 times in a row, all landing on Passover and the Feast of Tabernacles there was huge events in world history having to do with Israel. So I was wondering what is the next big event to do with Israel according to scripture?

I do agree with you Dodo, its a money maker for sure.
There are millions of huge events in the world that did not happen during the eclipses.

sojourner4Christ

sojourning non-citizen
May 23, 2014
THE BLIND DESCRIBING THE SIGNS
[SIZE=22pt] Blood Moons And Bible Clues[/SIZE]

“O ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky; but can ye not discern the signs of the times?” (Matthew 16:3)

So said Jesus to the blind guides of his day, and these words are completely appropriate to be repeated to the Christian pastors and teachers of our time, for they are widely enamored of the signs all about us – but their version of what these signs actually mean could not be further from the truth.

At this writing, the world has just seen the first of four so called “blood moons,” a rare astronomical occurrence in which the Earth’s moon takes on a reddish tint associated with lunar eclipses – and with three more of these unusual events calculated to occur well into next year, the false prophets of our wretched generation are universally trumpeting how these signs are supposedly related to the political circumstances surrounding the nation of Israel.

The blood moons are being linked to a few key Scriptures – notably, the words of God poured through the prophet Joel:

“And I will show wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke. The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the Lord come” (Joel 2:30, 31).

In what has become increasingly common, a careful analysis looking for common denominators in the multitude of prophets proclaiming the blood moons are prophetically significant, yields some important facts. Without exception, those touting these signs are all Jewish Supremacists – thus, we can categorically reject the bulk of their false prophecies, as those espousing the “chosen people” fraud based on race, are ALL preaching another gospel.
It just means that John Hagee has a book to sell.
...its a money maker for sure.
At the top of this Spiritual cesspool is Pastor John Hagee, the primary mover and shaker behind CUFI – Christians United For Israel – the “Christian” political action group which is a useful pawn of the powerful Israeli political lobbyist group known as AIPACthe American Israeli Public Affairs Council. CUFI now boasts about a million dues paying members, so their constituent “believers” – racists espousing a special Jewish standing based on their DNA – are the dominant herd of brute beasts being shepherded via contrived readings of the stellar signs which are occurring.

A rising star in the glaring glitz of the false prophet spotlight is Mark Biltz – another Hebrew Roots oriented pastor who espouses the usual pablum about the supposed 7 year tribulation, with the Antichrist sitting in the rebuilt temple (and enjoying bacon and Easter eggs while using his peace treaty as a napkin, ad nauseum). Largely likeminded with John Hagee’s heretical book Four Blood Moons: Something Is About To Change, Biltz has hitched his wagon to World Net Daily (WND), and the powerful Israel First media machine surrounding the Arab Christian (and Jewish primacist), Joseph Farah.

Biltz is another moon theorist, and his book and DVD, Blood Moons: Decoding The Heavenly Signs, is being heavily touted by WND. Speaking in a recent TV interview with “Supernatural” Sid Roth, the affable Biltz told all foolish enough to ignore the New Testament that the blood moon signs all portend judgment because -– wait for it -– all the world’s nations want to divide Israel.
Taking Scripture out of context is a very dangerous and misleading basis for interpreting prophecy, but it does sell a lot of books.
Like all the other false prophets of this wicked and adulterous generation, Pastor Biltz ominously seeks to link the astronomical signs to the prophet Joel’s supposed warning against dividing the land of Israel.

"In the book of Joel it mentions three times about the sun and the moon going dark and in context it also mentions Divine wrath against all countries that want to divide or part the land of Israel" (WND Internet Eblast promoting Blood Moons, emphasis mine).

The operative phrase, of course, is “in context,” for Joel is obviously speaking in a metaphoric sense when he mentions Israel. Reading the text on a superficial level, a verse in Joel does state that God will judge the world because of what has been done to Israel (including a scattering, as well as a parting of the Lord’s “land”) – but since the New Testament tells us there are two Israel’s (Romans 9:6), we might ask, which one is in view?

“I will gather all nations, and will bring them down into the valley of Jehoshaphat, and will plead with them there for my people and for my heritage Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations, and parted my land” (Joel 3:2).

Since it is obvious that “all nations” could not fit into a single “valley of Jehoshaphat,” it is self evident this phrase is speaking in a figurative sense, in that God will judge all the nations who oppress or harm his chosen – with the latter identified as the Christians in the New Testament:

“But ye [Christians] are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation….” (I Peter 2:9).

Since the false prophets are so concerned with the fate of the modern countries, and the way they interact with the contemporary Christ-rejecting Jewish nation, we might ask just where Peter’s “holy nation” is located, in Asia, or is it in Africa? Does the “holiness” emanate out of Tel Aviv, or is the venerable Apostle speaking in a collective, Spiritual sense concerning the body of Christ, which is comprised of those chosen by the LORD Jesus?

“Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you [into the royal priesthood Peter mentioned], that ye should go and bring forth fruit….” (John 15:16)

By taking Joel’s vivid prophecy which says the “moon [shall be] turned into blood” (Joel 2:31) as a sign, and applying it to the circumstances surrounding a physical, modern political state, these false teachers violate the intended nature of the entire prophetic book. For example, Joel also says “in that day,” many other things will also occur:

“And it shall come to pass in that day, that the mountains shall drop down new wine, and the hills shall flow with milk, and all the rivers of Judah shall flow with waters, and a fountain shall come forth of the house of the LORD…” (Joel 3:18)

This is colorful, fluid imagery which speaks of a divine blessing, in that the “fountain” pouring forth will be comprised of the “living water” granted by God’s only begotten Son:

“He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water” (John 7:38).

The Jewish Supremacists, such as Mark Biltz, are ALL guilty of blending the covenants, to the degree that the physical state of Israel (and the Jewish people as a racial group), becomes the object of the LORD’s prophetic signs when, in fact, the New Testament tells us these “signs” are related to the invisible Kingdom of God – as opposed to the linear borders of a contemporary political state.

My kingdom is not of this world [and “this world” would have to include a tiny state in the Middle East]….the kingdom of God cometh not with [the UN resolution which authorized the creation of the state of Israel]…neither shall they say, Lo here! Or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you” (Luke 17:20).

Further, since the Christians are now the body of Spiritually regenerated Israel, and comprise the holy city of Jerusalem, when Joel speaks of holiness emanating out of Jerusalem, he is referencing the body of Christ:

“And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband…so shall ye know that I am the Lord your God dwelling in Zion, my holy mountain: then shall Jerusalem be holy, and there shall no strangers pass through her any more” (Revelation 21:2, Joel 3:17).

To rephrase this thought, when Joel the prophet writes about how the “nations” have oppressed the body of Christ (which the Apostle Paul identified as “the Israel of God” in Galatians 6:16), as well as “the children of Jerusalem” (Joel 3:6), he also warns how the LORD will send signs to ALL the nations that he is about to “sit to judge all the heathen round about…for their wickedness is great” (Joel 3:13).

However, the backslidden, incorporated body of Christ, led by the blind describing the signs, has instead become one with the heathen, for they twist the teachings of Joel, “as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction” (II Peter 3:16).

[SIZE=9pt]----- Brother James[/SIZE]

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Notice the blood moons are written from an American viewpoint ?

Trouble is the bible is written from an Israel viewpoint

The two dont reconcile with each other.

There is an old saying .... you will never go broke writing books about the apocalypse.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for your reasonable POV, Arnie. It was getting a little crazy in here :)

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
South Point, Hawaii (Big Island)
Thank you folks for caring!

Only a head's up. The coming of the Antichrist came already loooong ago (IIThess.2:3).

The rebuilding of the "temple" ("Sanctuary") has also come to pass loooong ago (IIThess.2:4).

Temple ("Sanctuary") worship has also aleady come to pass loooong ago (Rev,.13:`14b).

btw projecting all this to some future Jewish time removes all the forever warnings contained contextually in the Scriptures.

Old Jack

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
South Point, Hawaii (Big Island)
Arnie Manitoba said:
So please tell us .... who is the antichrist and where is her temple ?
Thank you for your response and question!

Only an uneducated opinion thus take it with two grains of salt. The Antichrist is a sequence of men where the rules state that I cannot state or my life expectancy on this forum will be short lived or any other forum. Her temple, ie, "Sanctuary" isn't too far away, one just has to look within (Rev.13:14b & IIThess.2:4).

I'm an old man and please don't agree to agree with the fomer or I could have the 'big one.'

Old 'small one' Jack

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
shturt678 said:
Thank you for your response and question!

Only an uneducated opinion thus take it with two grains of salt. The Antichrist is a sequence of men where the rules state that I cannot state or my life expectancy on this forum will be short lived or any other forum. Her temple, ie, "Sanctuary" isn't too far away, one just has to look within (Rev.13:14b & IIThess.2:4).

I'm an old man and please don't agree to agree with the fomer or I could have the 'big one.'

Old 'small one' Jack
Hasn't happened yet ... it is still future

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
We have to remember it will be a lot more than an eclipse ... the booksellers conveniently leave that out ....

There will also be blood and fire and billows of smoke and the sun will be turned to darkness and the moon to blood Acts 2:19-20

I watched as he opened the sixth seal. There was a great earthquake. The sun turned black like sackcloth made of goat hair, the whole moon turned blood red, and the stars in the sky fell to earth, as figs drop from a fig tree when shaken by a strong wind. Revelation 6:12-13

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it is important to remember that the Jews failed to recognize Christ because He did not come as a warrior for Israel, which was the literal understanding of the scriptures. Jesus did fit the prophecies, but His revolution was love not war. Are we going to miss the second coming for the same reasons?

I think if anyone tried to predict that The Messiah would be a meek, lover of people, they would have be stoned to death.

Just a thought for all you literalists out there.......

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Both prophecies are correct

He first came without royalty , born in a barn , riding on a donkey , hanging on a cross

Next time he comes as King Messiah , and very powerful.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree with you Arnie, but the literalist Jewish people, totally disagree. They only recognize the literal. I am sure you can see the same pattern on this board and in the wider Christian community.