The rapture deception (revised to be compatible with forum rules)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BlessedCreator

Apr 15, 2020
Oregon
www.gffg.info
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The rapture doctrine comes from 1 Thessalonians Chapter 4 Verse 17.
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with
the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet
the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

I will tell you why I included verse 16 in a moment.

The catching up together of those who are alive when the Lord returns, that is the rapture.
So we see there will indeed be a rapture. The controversy with the rapture is not a matter of whether it
is real or not. The controversy is over the timing.

Some are teaching that the rapture happens before the Lord
returns at the very end.
They teach that Christians are getting a special get out of persecution free card to leave this world early.
This is completely wrong and I will show you why it is such a dangerous doctrine to believe.

Let's look at the verses again and see if they can give us any information regarding the timing of the rapture.
In verse 16 we see the Lord returns and at that time the dead in Christ shall rise first. This is important.
The dead in Christ rise first. Then going directly to the next words in verse 17 it says "then". Then meaning
after what just preceded. Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together.

What does this mean?
This tells us the resurrection happens first and THEN the rapture happens.
Why is this important?
Because if we can figure out when the resurrection happens then we can know
exactly when the rapture happens because it takes place right after.

Thankfully God is not the author of confusion and has not left us without sound doctrine so that
we are not left in the dark concerning these things.
The Bible tells us 5 different times in the gospel of John when the resurrection takes place.

John 11:24
Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.

John 6:54
Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 6:44
No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 6:40
And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on
him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 6:39
And this is the Fathers will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose
nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

The word is clear, the resurrection happens on the LAST DAY.
Therefore the rapture also happens on the last day.

If you are expecting the true messiah Jesus Christ to return before the very end to save
you from the persecution of the Antichrist and his wicked followers then you are actually going to get
the false messiah/Antichrist who comes to deceive the world into believing that he is God.

2 Thessalonians 2:3
Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away
first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

Christians have been martyred (killed for their faith) the last 2000 years since Christ came.
They are being martyred now, even openly in eastern countries. And we will continue to be martyred until the very end.
Few will survive to take part in the rapture. Nobody is getting an escape card in these last days.

It is our duty as Christians to share the truth (edify) with our brothers and sisters.
There are many that are deceived by this false doctrine, prepared to receive the coming Antichrist.
Please share with them what you have just learned.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... Few will survive to take part in the rapture. ...
Contradictory statement?

Nobody is getting an escape card in these last days. ...

AGREE! And Rev. 20:4-5 and 7 & 13 support the premise where the DEAD are raised at the end of the Millennial Kingdom, and those who are alive and remain shall ascend (be "raptured") to the New Jerusalem.

But FALSE doctrines pervade the church, and ignorant/dishonest people perpetuate those lies.
Bobby Jo

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This is completely wrong and I will show you why it is such a dangerous doctrine to believe.
Now that would be the real deception (what is stated above). When someone calls the pre-tribulation Resurrection/Rapture "dangerous" then it is time to be extremely skeptical, and ask "Why would the salvation of the saints be 'dangerous' unless Satan wants to deceive Christians?"

One will not find the word "rapture" in the Bible, but the Greek harpagesometha (caught up together) was translated into Latin as "rapimur", from which the word "rapture" was derived. So the Rapture is the supernatural catching up of the saints to Heaven BEFORE the Second Coming of Christ. And there are sound reasons why it is BEFORE and not after.

THE REVELATION OF THE RAPTURE
(1 Thessalonians 4 & 5: Death has no terror for Christians)

1. THE DEATH OF THE SAINTS IS NOT HOPELESS
13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep [have died in Christ], that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.

2. CHRIST WILL BRING THOSE SAINTS WITH HIM AT THE RAPTURE
14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep [died] in Jesus will God bring with Him.

3. THE RESURRECTION/RAPTURE IS A DIVINE REVELATION
15 For this we say unto you by the Word of the Lord...

4. THE LIVING SAINTS WILL NOT PRECEDE THOSE WHO DIED
...that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent [precede] them which are asleep [died].

5. THE LORD JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF SHALL DESCEND FOR HIS SAINTS
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God:...[Note: this is also called "the last trump" but has absolutely nothing to do with the 7th trumpet of the 7th seal judgments]

6. THE DEAD SAINTS WILL BE RESURRECTED, AND THEIR SOULS AND SPIRITS WILL RECEIVE GLORIOUS IMMORTAL BODIES
...and the dead in Christ shall rise first... [Note: God gives precedence to those who have passed on before transforming the living saints]

7. THE LIVING SAINTS WILL BE TRANSFORMED AND TRANSLATED
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds...

8. CHRIST REMAINS "IN THE AIR" AND DOES NOT DESCEND TO EARTH
...to meet the Lord in the air...

9. ALL THE SAINTS WILL RETURN TO HEAVEN TO BE WITH THE LORD ETERNALLY
...and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

10. THE DOCTRINE OF THE RAPTURE IS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE SAINTS AND HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH TRIBULATION
18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words...

11. THE RESURRECTION/RAPTURE IS THE CULMINATION OF SALVATION
8 But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.

12. THE TRIBULATION IS WRATH, WHICH IS NOT FOR THE SAINTS
9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

13. THE SAINTS ARE ALWAYS WITH CHRIST WHETHER ALIVE OR DEAD
10 Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep [have died], we should live together with him.

14. THE RAPTURE IS FOR COMFORT AND EDIFICATION
11 Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.

Since Christ remains "in the air" at the Resurrection/Rapture, that is the strongest evidence that this is NOT the Second Coming of Christ. We should also note the the apostolic churches expected the Rapture at that time. So it has always been IMMINENT, not related to any other event.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Too much false information, and wrong context, to learn the truth here.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...catching up of the saints to Heaven BEFORE the Second Coming of Christ. ....

To All,

It doesn't matter what Scripture actually says, ignorant people parrot the lies of the "church". All one has to do is figure out whether the so-called "raptured-church" returns with Jesus:

Rev. 20:4 Then I saw thrones, and seated on them were those to whom judgment was committed. Also I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their testimony to Jesus and for the word of God, and who had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life, and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

If a person only has HALF the explanation, they have NO explanation at all. -- But MAYBE the "raptured-church" simply CEASES TO EXIST, and when the wicket are judged, all that's left on earth for Jesus to reign over are the MARTYRED that returned with HIM.

Whew,
Bobby Jo

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 6:9-11
9 When the Lamb broke the fifth seal, I saw underneath the altar the souls of those who had been put to death for proclaiming the Word of God, that is, for bearing witness.
10 They cried out in a loud voice, “Sovereign Ruler, HaKadosh, the True One, how long will it be before you judge the people living on earth and avenge our blood?”
11 Each of them was given a white robe; and they were told to wait a little longer, until the full number of their fellow-servants should be reached, of their brothers who would be killed, just as they had been.

This is when it happens and why the seals are for the church. The dead in Christ are those under the alter. They have not been given white robes (glorified body). They are then given them, because the dead in Christ get theirs there first.

Then the 6th seal, verses 12-14
12 Then I watched as he broke the sixth seal, and there was a great earthquake, the sun turned black as sackcloth worn in mourning, and the full moon became blood-red.
13 The stars fell from heaven to earth just as a fig tree drops its figs when shaken by a strong wind.
14 The sky receded like a scroll being rolled up, and every mountain and island was moved from its place.

The meeting in the air. This is not the Second Coming. This is the beginning of God and all of His watching down on the earth as the tribulation takes place. This is the gathering of the Harvest and the church is gathered first. Then the descendants of Jacob (Israel) as God promised Abraham, and during the 7 trumpets the fulfillment of the valley of dry bones.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If a person only has HALF the explanation, they have NO explanation at all.
Since you have quoted from Revelation 20, which has absolutely NO BEARING on the Rapture, you "have NO explanation at all". In fact you ignored everything I posted to go off on a tangent.

Have you even understood the significance of the Rapture -- Christ coming FOR His saints -- and how it related to the Second Coming of Christ (Revelation 19) and Christ coming WITH His saints? That is long before Revelation 20. Here is the future sequence of events:

1. The Rapture of the Church (not in Revelation)
2. The Reign of the Antichrist (Revelation 13)
3. The Marriage of th Lamb (Revelation 19)
4. The Second Coming of Christ (Revelation 19)
5. The Battle of Armageddon (Revelation 19)
6. The resurrection of the Tribulation saints (Revelation 20)
7. The Millennium (Revelation 20)

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Too much false information, and wrong context, to learn the truth here.
You might want to inform everyone as to whose post you are addressing, since I have given the exact context and significance of the Resurrection/Rapture verse by verse.

Dave M

Mar 28, 2020
Eastern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
dead in Christ shall rise first:

would this be when Jesus clears out the saints in heaven, kind of makes sense they get there glorified bodies on his way back for the second comming??

very interesting well thought out post, thanks for sharing.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
The rapture doctrine comes from 1 Thessalonians Chapter 4 Verse 17.
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with
the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet
the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

I will tell you why I included verse 16 in a moment.

The catching up together of those who are alive when the Lord returns, that is the rapture.
So we see there will indeed be a rapture. The controversy with the rapture is not a matter of whether it
is real or not. The controversy is over the timing.

Some are teaching that the rapture happens before the Lord
returns at the very end.
They teach that Christians are getting a special get out of persecution free card to leave this world early.

Let's look at the verses again and see if they can give us any information regarding the timing of the rapture.
In verse 16 we see the Lord returns and at that time the dead in Christ shall rise first. This is important.
The dead in Christ rise first. Then going directly to the next words in verse 17 it says "then". Then meaning
after what just preceded. Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together.

What does this mean?
This tells us the resurrection happens first and THEN the rapture happens.
Why is this important?
Because if we can figure out when the resurrection happens then we can know
exactly when the rapture happens because it takes place right after.

Thankfully God is not the author of confusion and has not left us without sound doctrine so that
we are not left in the dark concerning these things.
The Bible tells us 5 different times in the gospel of John when the resurrection takes place.

John 11:24
Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.

John 6:54
Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 6:44
No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 6:40
And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on
him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 6:39
And this is the Fathers will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose
nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

The word is clear, the resurrection happens on the LAST DAY.
Therefore the rapture also happens on the last day.

If you are expecting the true messiah Jesus Christ to return before the very end to save
you from the persecution of the Antichrist and his wicked followers then you are actually going to get
the false messiah/Antichrist who comes to deceive the world into believing that he is God.

2 Thessalonians 2:3
Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away
first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

Christians have been martyred (killed for their faith) the last 2000 years since Christ came.
They are being martyred now, even openly in eastern countries. And we will continue to be martyred until the very end.
Few will survive to take part in the rapture. Nobody is getting an escape card in these last days.

It is our duty as Christians to share the truth (edify) with our brothers and sisters.
There are many that are deceived by this false doctrine, prepared to receive the coming Antichrist.
Please share with them what you have just learned.
The truth of the Rapture is indeed Scriptural, 1 Corinthians 11.26. I don't believe the church will go through the Great Tribulation (Matthew 24), which is different from the tribulation principle mentioned by the Lord Jesus in John 16.33.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You might want to inform everyone as to whose post you are addressing, since I have given the exact context and significance of the Resurrection/Rapture verse by verse.
It's basically the forum. I did not pick out yours one way or another. I don't even remember yours.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since you have quoted from Revelation 20, which has absolutely NO BEARING on the Rapture ...

FIRST the DEAD have to be raised:

Rev. 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead in it, Death and Hades gave up the dead in them ...

... and then those who are alive and remain shall be caught up to be with the LORD forever in the air in the NEW JERUSALEM, -- which discounts a your FALSE Tribulation era "raptured-church" doctrine.

Silly people,
Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
is name calling really necessary on a christian site when the bible tells us .............. "Love is patient and kind;"

Anyone who places church doctrines over Scripture is ill-considered/ill-advised/uninformed. And having been advised of the failures and still continuing with the FALSE doctrine: [fill in the blank].

Bobby Jo

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
is name calling really necessary on a christian site when the bible tells us .............. "Love is patient and kind;"
I was directed to the rules of the site back when I still expected 'Christian' here - guess what.... it is not what it seems.