Trump reacts to firestorm over suggestion of election delay

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Yehren Not only has the Communist dictatorship in China controlled the means of production of goods, which is a plank in the Communist Manifesto ("instruments of production owned by the state") , they have controlled a WHOLE LOT MORE!

Women 'tied like pigs,' forced abortions part of China's 'one-child policy,' doc shows
Although China's one-child policy ended years ago, the consequences of forced abortions, sterilizations, abandoned newborns, and government abductions are just being realized.

"One Child Nation," a documentary by Amazon Studios, hits theaters Friday, detailing the devastation felt by parents forced to abandon their children, in many cases knowing they would die, and women forced to have abortions or sterilizations "tied like pigs" to satisfy the Communist Party from 1979 until 2015, similar to human rights abuses reported in North Korea.

"Every woman has almost gone through a forced abortion or forced sterilization," Nanfu Wang, co-director and producer of the documentary, told PBS. "Sometimes the babies...they were born alive, and because of the policy and her job, she had to kill them after they were born alive, and she is really traumatized because of that."

Wang spoke to the midwife who delivered her, who admitted doing 50 to 60,000 abortions over her time to enact a policy that the government claims prevented 400 million births.

Source: Women 'tied like pigs,' forced abortions part of China's 'one-child policy,' doc shows

Last edited:
Reactions: bukka

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually...
New England Journal of medicine articles:

A Randomized T

rial of Hydroxychloroquine as Postexposure Prophylaxis for Covid-19
Conclusions
June 3, 2020

After high-risk or moderate-risk exposure to Covid-19, hydroxychloroquine did not prevent illness compatible with Covid-19 or confirmed infection when used as postexposure prophylaxis within 4 days after exposure.

Observational Study of Hydroxychloroquine in Hospitalized Patients with Covid-19
June 18, 2020
Conclusions
In this observational study involving patients with Covid-19 who had been admitted to the hospital, hydroxychloroquine administration was not associated with either a greatly lowered or an increased risk of the composite end point of intubation or death.

Hydroxychloroquine with or without Azithromycin in Mild-to-Moderate Covid-19
July 23, 2020
Conclusions
Among patients hospitalized with mild-to-moderate Covid-19, the use of hydroxychloroquine, alone or with azithromycin, did not improve clinical status at 15 days as compared with standard care.

M ́edecine et Maladies Infectieuses:
No Evidence of Rapid Antiviral Clearance or Clinical Benefit with the Combination of Hydroxychloroquine and Azithromycin in Patients with Severe COVID-19 Infection.

28 March 2020
In summary, despite a reported antiviral activity of chloroquine against COVID-19 in vitro, we found no evidence of a strong antiviral activity or clinical benefit of the combination of hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin for the treatment of our hospitalized patients with severe COVID-19. Ongoing randomized clinical trials with hydroxychloroquine should provide a definitive answer regarding the alleged efficacy of this combination and will assess its safety
Why don't you show studies where ZINC was included??

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
C'mon, Yehren, do you really believe your own rhetoric??? Do you think that the Chinese are free to start and control their own companies and actually OWN their companies, or OWN anything, for that matter???

Yep. They do. Of course they live in a dictatorship, and as in facist Italy, or Nazi Germany, they were free so long as they didn't threaten the regime. But yes, they own companies, buy and sell stock, start new companies, and the regime is fine with this, because the CCP has figured out that capitalism will produce more benefits than Marxism.

Considering the popularity of violent Marxist groups like BLM,

As you learned, BLM's statement of purpose has no Marxist content, and as you also learned, the FBI has repeatedly caught right wing terrorist committing violence and vandalism in an attempt to blame BLM. BLM has even during such violence, moved to protect exposed police officers. Would you like me to show you that, again?

[quote[I'd say we have a real problem on our hands.[/quote]

The FBI agrees. They have found that the right-wing terrorists trying to disrupt demonstrations, represent the greatest hazard from terrorism in the United States:
FBI memo says white supremacists, racist terrorists are now greatest domestic violence threat

FBI memo says white supremacists, racist terrorists are now greatest domestic violence threat

Evidently, the younger generation has been so steeped in the virtues of Communism by the public schools, they think Marxist ways are just fine.

Show us that. Checkable sources. If you think communism is being taught in public schools in America, you are very, very gullible.

Now, you're just talking plain silliness. I haven't said anything that could remotely be construed as my favoring Marxism.

You protest too much. You have said some things that make me think that you're okay with Marxism. And when I showed you why Marxism won't work, you responded rather aggressively. However, it you claim you're not really a Marxist, I'll take your word for it.

In fact, it's not very productive here, debating whether or not you're a Marxist. I'll give you a pass on personal observations. Let's both avoid that in the future; it would be much better for this forum if we did.

Last edited:
Reactions: bukka and Giuliano

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why don't you show studies where ZINC was included??

Hmmm.. (Yehren checks the literature)

No one seems to have data demonstrating a benefit. However...

Medical Hypotheses
Volume 142, September 2020, 109815 (sic)
Does zinc supplementation enhance the clinical efficacy of chloroquine/hydroxychloroquine to win today's battle against COVID-19?
The safety, tolerability and efficacy of a combination of CQ/HCQ with zinc, possibly in triple combination with an antibiotic like azithromycin, still represents an additional option to win todays battle against COVID-19. This hypothesis can be rapidly evaluated by amendment of a suitable WHO-supported Solidarity Trial or other studies. Important advantages of using CQ or preferably HCQ in combination with zinc are the broad availability, affordability, and demonstrated efficacy and safety in approved and clinically established indications. The European Medicines Agency recommends using CQ or HCQ only in clinical trials or emergency use programs [22]. Whether zinc supplementation in combination with CQ/HCQ should be recommended for high risk or also younger patients outside of clinical trials, as a prevention or treatment approach during SARS-CoV-2 pandemic, should be currently considered only on a case-by-case basis.

So there are some people who think zinc might make hydroxychloroquine effective against COVID-19, but they aren't able to show that, for now. At least no one seems to have published anything in the medical literature. What do you have?

bukka

Jun 7, 2020
Western North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To return to the OP, Trump sounded the idea of postponing elections. This is the point of this thread. I think he was trying to get the feeling about how his base supported postponing elections and was disappointed that there wasn't much of a positive response to it. Trump had to venture to do it. With his mounting legal troubles involving his taxes and his secret dealings with the Russians, the idea of seeking a dictatorship does have its advantages.

If a President can postpone an election at will, that President can postpone an election for life, and remain in power without having to worry about being confronted by the voters. I think President Trump's position on postponing elections is deeply un-American and a betrayal of his oath of office to defend and protect the people and the Constitution of the United States.

All this is in keeping with an anti-christ. By definition, all anti-christs are anti-God and anti-liberty. They always betray.

Why was it, when Trump had his talks with Putin, that he had the notes of the translator seized? Why were those notes hidden away from the public? Were those notes destroyed contrary to law?

What did Trump and Putin speak of? What are the financial connections between Trump and the Russians? Trump has had five bankruptcies. At a certain point, how did Trump get his money again, after the bankruptcies?

Anti-christs, by definition, are anti-God and anti-liberty. They always betray.

The Russians, the Chinese and the Iranians want Americans to be fighting each other. Why should we fall into their trap?

Last edited:
Reactions: Yehren

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, let's take a look...

China abandoned the one-child law in 2015
China ends one-child policy after 35 years
The article that I posted stated that the policy ended in 2015.

The article you posted the link to is very interesting. It states:

China has scrapped its one-child policy, allowing all couples to have two children for the first time since draconian family planning rules were introduced more than three decades ago.

The announcement followed a four-day Communist party summit in Beijing where China’s top leaders debated financial reforms and how to maintain growth at a time of heightened concerns about the economy.

China will “fully implement a policy of allowing each couple to have two children as an active response to an ageing population”, the party said in a statement published by Xinhua, the official news agency. “The change of policy is intended to balance population development and address the challenge of an ageing population,”

Some celebrated the move as a positive step towards greater personal freedom in China. But human rights activists and critics said the loosening – which means the Communist party continues to control the size of Chinese families – did not go far enough.

“The state has no business regulating how many children people have,” said William Nee, a Hong Kong-based activist for Amnesty International.

“If China is serious about respecting human rights, the government should immediately end such invasive and punitive controls over people’s decisions to plan families and have children.”

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If a President can postpone an election at will, that President can postpone an election for life, and remain in power without having to worry about being confronted by the voters.
I don't see anyone on this forum agreeing that any president should postpone elections. In fact, in my thread about Trump's tweet, I criticized him!

The Russians, the Chinese and the Iranians want Americans to be fighting each other. Why should we fall into their trap?
I agree wholeheartedly with this statement!

bukka

Jun 7, 2020
Western North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't see anyone on this forum agreeing that any president should postpone elections. In fact, in my thread about Trump's tweet, I criticized him!

We always have to remind ourselves, Prayer Warrior, about the anti-christ that we're dealing with. Trump has floated the idea and he may return to it. Trump is desperate and is not known for his wisdom or his impulse control.

I agree wholeheartedly with this statement!

That is the danger facing us now. We have to be careful about how we disagree with each other. Foreign and domestic enemies stand to profit from our civil strife.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Late last year, Trump told Republican pollster and focus-group guru Frank Luntz that when the real-estate mogul has done something wrong, he tries to correct his error without getting God involved.

"I am not sure I have," Trump said when asked if he'd ever asked God for forgiveness. "I just go on and try to do a better job from there. I don't think so," he said. "I think if I do something wrong, I think, I just try and make it right. I don't bring God into that picture. I don't."
Trump on God: 'I don't like to have to ask for forgiveness'

...and there is a greater lack of it in Donald Trump.

He doesn't "bring God into that picture." He doesn't. That's not my idea of wisdom. How about you?

Do you think Democrats consult God when they approve of killing unborn babies—

I know that Trump didn't when he approves of killing unborn babies. He doesn't "bring God into that picture." Yeah, I know he had a sudden change of mind when he wanted republicans to vote for him. How convenient.

You need to decide what side of right and wrong you are on, or don’t bring God into it.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Obeying laws and respecting the Constitution are starters if people want to be able to resolve differences peacefully. I cannot possibly speak for the American people. They elect people who are supposed to represent their interests.

When someone suggests violating the Constitution, that is undermining the rule of law -- other things take a back seat.
Yes yes yes, I agree the democrats should start doing all that.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually...
New England Journal of medicine articles:

A Randomized T

rial of Hydroxychloroquine as Postexposure Prophylaxis for Covid-19
Conclusions
June 3, 2020

After high-risk or moderate-risk exposure to Covid-19, hydroxychloroquine did not prevent illness compatible with Covid-19 or confirmed infection when used as postexposure prophylaxis within 4 days after exposure.

Observational Study of Hydroxychloroquine in Hospitalized Patients with Covid-19
June 18, 2020
Conclusions
In this observational study involving patients with Covid-19 who had been admitted to the hospital, hydroxychloroquine administration was not associated with either a greatly lowered or an increased risk of the composite end point of intubation or death.

Hydroxychloroquine with or without Azithromycin in Mild-to-Moderate Covid-19
July 23, 2020
Conclusions
Among patients hospitalized with mild-to-moderate Covid-19, the use of hydroxychloroquine, alone or with azithromycin, did not improve clinical status at 15 days as compared with standard care.

M ́edecine et Maladies Infectieuses:
No Evidence of Rapid Antiviral Clearance or Clinical Benefit with the Combination of Hydroxychloroquine and Azithromycin in Patients with Severe COVID-19 Infection.

28 March 2020
In summary, despite a reported antiviral activity of chloroquine against COVID-19 in vitro, we found no evidence of a strong antiviral activity or clinical benefit of the combination of hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin for the treatment of our hospitalized patients with severe COVID-19. Ongoing randomized clinical trials with hydroxychloroquine should provide a definitive answer regarding the alleged efficacy of this combination and will assess its safety
And the questions
If you are communist, I can see why you would not like Trump.
If you are not an American Patriot, I can see why you would not like Trump.
If you support abortion, I can see why you would not like Trump.
If support the use of Drugs, I can see why you would not like Trump.
If you do not support Christian morals, I can see why you would not like Trump.
If you place the rights of criminals over and above, the average American, I can see why you would not like Trump.
If you are a coward, I can see why you would not like Trump.

bukka

Jun 7, 2020
Western North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the questions
If you are communist, I can see why you would not like Trump.
If you are not an American Patriot, I can see why you would not like Trump.
If you support abortion, I can see why you would not like Trump.
If support the use of Drugs, I can see why you would not like Trump.
If you do not support Christian morals, I can see why you would not like Trump.
If you place the rights of criminals over and above, the average American, I can see why you would not like Trump.
If you are a coward, I can see why you would not like Trump.

I reject all the imputations of evil that you cast upon people who reject Trump.

For myself, I reject the Trump prophecies of Mark Taylor, Lance Wallnau, etc. I reject the dogma that Trump is "anointed" by God and can rule by divine sanction and impose a religious obedience upon us. I reject Trump's silent acceptance of these prophecies, that he hopes will further his power, and I reject all of his other deceptions over the years.

For me, Jesus is the only anointed One, the true Christ, and the Lord and Savior of us all.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I reject all the imputations of evil that you cast upon people who reject Trump.

For myself, I reject the Trump prophecies of Mark Taylor, Lance Wallnau, etc. I reject the dogma that Trump is "anointed" by God and can rule by divine sanction and impose a religious obedience upon us. I reject Trump's silent acceptance of these prophecies, that he hopes will further his power, and I reject all of his other deceptions over the years.

For me, Jesus is the only anointed One, the true Christ, and the Lord and Savior of us all.
ok

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Late last year, Trump told Republican pollster and focus-group guru Frank Luntz that when the real-estate mogul has done something wrong, he tries to correct his error without getting God involved.

"I am not sure I have," Trump said when asked if he'd ever asked God for forgiveness. "I just go on and try to do a better job from there. I don't think so," he said. "I think if I do something wrong, I think, I just try and make it right. I don't bring God into that picture. I don't."
Trump on God: 'I don't like to have to ask for forgiveness'

...and there is a greater lack of it in Donald Trump.

He doesn't "bring God into that picture." He doesn't. That's not my idea of wisdom. How about you?

I know that Trump didn't when he approves of killing unborn babies. He doesn't "bring God into that picture." Yeah, I know he had a sudden change of mind when he wanted republicans to vote for him. How convenient.

You need to decide what side of right and wrong you are on, or don’t bring God into it.

So tell us Yehren....
What is your position on abortion?
Your position on drug use?
Your position on the leftist form of communism?
Your position on the rioters in the democratic run cities?
your position on law enforcement?
Your position on school prayer?
Your position on our schools teaching our children to be communists and atheists?

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I do NOT reject any legitimate prophecies, and I haven't heard any prophets saying that Trump should "impose religious obedience upon us." This is another exaggeration of yours. :(

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not everybody on both sides are evil. We have to keep it in mind, I think.
I think you're conflating two issues here.

First, our REAL enemy is Satan, period. "We wrestle not agains flesh and blood...."

Second, the Democrats have adopted a very evil platform that includes the statement that women should have a right to kill their unborn babies. Those who align themselves with this platform are aligning themselves with evil of the worst kind!

bukka

Jun 7, 2020
Western North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So tell us Yehren....
What is your position on abortion?
Your position on drug use?
Your position on the leftist form of communism?
Your position on the rioters in the democratic run cities?
your position on law enforcement?
Your position on school prayer?
Your position on our schools teaching our children to be communists and atheists?

I can eventually post on these things on their appropriate threads after the election, Grailhunter, given my time and the condition of my health. At the present, I'm most concerned about the political state of the country as it involves Donald Trump. As you know, I see him as an anti-christ, and so I must deal with how he's deceived so many. There is a political culture surrounding this man that must be combated.

Not everybody on both sides are evil. We also have to recognize the evil within ourselves and how it affects our conduct with each other. We have to keep it in mind, I think.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can eventually post on these things on their appropriate threads after the election, Grailhunter, given my time and the condition of my health. At the present, I'm most concerned about the political state of the country as it involves Donald Trump. As you know, I see him as an anti-christ, and so I must deal with how he's deceived so many. There is a political culture surrounding this man that must be combated.

Not everybody on both sides are evil. We also have to recognize the evil within ourselves and how it affects our conduct with each other. We have to keep it in mind, I think.

You've mentioned your health before. Anything you need prayer for?

I am not delusional about Trump; his shortcomings are glaring. But I do see God using him, and I pray that God will continue to use him. A Democrat in the White House can only mean one thing--a move further to the left when this nation is about to fall off the edge into godless socialism as it is.

Last edited: