What is a Believer?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I read various threads on this forum, I think I'm coming to realize some have entirely different uses and meaning for the word "Believer" in relation to Christ and Christianity than what I mean when I use the word.

I'm curious, what do you mean when you say "believer"?

Perhaps it may help if I tell my meaning.

A believer, in Christianity, is one who has trusted in Jesus for rescue from sin and death, and who has been reborn in the Spirit. There are believers, and unbelievers, which is my way of saying, there are those who are born again, and those who are not.

Is this what you mean? Something different?

What does it mean to be a believer?

Much love!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
As I read various threads on this forum, I think I'm coming to realize some have entirely different uses and meaning for the word "Believer" in relation to Christ and Christianity than what I mean when I use the word.

I'm curious, what do you mean when you say "believer"?

Perhaps it may help if I tell my meaning.

A believer, in Christianity, is one who has trusted in Jesus for rescue from sin and death, and who has been reborn in the Spirit. There are believers, and unbelievers, which is my way of saying, there are those who are born again, and those who are not.

Is this what you mean? Something different?

What does it mean to be a believer?

Much love!
Hi marks, that is exactly what I believe. But like you I think there those on here who see it a different way.