You should Believe in and Expect the Rapture and You better Hope the Rapture is very Soon!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You should Believe in and Expect the Rapture and You better Hope the Rapture is very Soon!! This world cannot last much longer=time is up!!

Reactions: marks

Daniel L.

Feb 25, 2022
Lisboa
Faith
Christian
Country
Portugal
If you believe the rapture you should expect tribulation:

Matthew 24:21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

After that:
Matthew 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

And finally the rapture:
Matthew 24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Also,
Matthew 24:1 And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple.
2 And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

Is there a stone left upon another of the building of the temple?

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Antichrist comes first, ...
... then:

-Christ & the rapture
-the Wrath/Day of the Lord destruction

- all on the Last Day.

Hoping for the Rapture is hoping for the destruction of the whole world. It all happens on the same day. All Christians will live through the Great Trib, if they walk by faith and survive it.

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not inclined to believe in the "rapture" that evangelicals teach because the Bible doesn't support it. It's a Hal Lindsian fable. Jesus said the Tribulation will come before He returns to gather the saints, and i believe Him. More importantly, i believe what the Father revealed in Revelation where it specifically shows the saints being gathered in chapter 19. If the "rapture" came first, it would've been mentioned before the trumpets were blown and the woes unleashed.

Reactions: Michiah-Imla

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you believe the rapture you should expect tribulation:

Matthew 24:21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

After that:
Matthew 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

And finally the rapture:
Matthew 24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Also,
Matthew 24:1 And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple.
2 And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

Is there a stone left upon another of the building of the temple?

I see nowhere in Matthew 24:31 there is scriptural proof of a rapture. The scriptures tell us, "flesh and blood cannot inherit God's kingdom." So those who will be taken to heaven will first need to be "changed, in a moment, in the blink of an eye, during the last trumpet." (1 Corinthians 15:50-53)
Before any of the disciples of Jesus could receive a heavenly reward, they would have to share a certain experience. Just as Jesus experienced death before his resurrection to life in the heavens, so his disciples with the heavenly hope must experience death before receiving their reward.(1 Corinthians 15:35,36)
When Paul was speaking to the thessalonians at 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 he was speaking of the resurrection hope, not some rapture.

Daniel L.

Feb 25, 2022
Lisboa
Faith
Christian
Country
Portugal
scriptural proof of a rapture

How do you "gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other", without having the angels flying them over to one place, rapture style?

so his disciples with the heavenly hope must experience death before receiving their reward

So you'r saying the angels just gathered together His elect, so they could kill them all in one place at the same time, because they have to "experience death", before they can receive the reward? A bit anticlimactic to say the least.
Also, if the change is within a twinkling of an eye, you would figure they've had enough time by now to change to they're eternal bodies, right?

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You should Believe in and Expect the Rapture and You better Hope the Rapture is very Soon!! This world cannot last much longer=time is up!!
The world seems to be in pretty sorry shape - I'll grant you that.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you "gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other", without having the angels flying them over to one place, rapture style?

So you'r saying the angels just gathered together His elect, so they could kill them all in one place at the same time, because they have to "experience death", before they can receive the reward? A bit anticlimactic to say the least.
Also, if the change is within a twinkling of an eye, you would figure they've had enough time by now to change to they're eternal bodies, right?

I didn't say anything about angels killing anyone. During Jesus second presence which is an invisible presence and which we are in now, the resurrection of the righteous, specifically those who will be in heaven with Jesus, will begin.The scriptures at 1Thessalonians 4:13-17 tell us that when the resurrection begins the first to be resurrected are those who will be in heaven with Jesus, who have already died. These are the ones who slept in death for 1900 years or so. The key to understanding the resurrection, the fact to remember is those who are first resurrected are those who will be in heaven with Jesus and they slept in death for a period of time. Then those who belong to Jesus who will be in heaven with him but have not died yet and are still living on earth when they die however they die(the angels don't kill them), at the moment of their death they are changed in the blink of an eye.(1 Corinthians 15:51,52) Since the second presence of Jesus Christ has already begun they don't have to sleep in death waiting for the second presence of Jesus Christ to begin so at the moment of their death they are changed in a blink of an eye.

Daniel L.

Feb 25, 2022
Lisboa
Faith
Christian
Country
Portugal
the first to be resurrected are those who will be in heaven with Jesus

Matthew 13:30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The rapture doctrine has nothing to do with salvation, being born again, or life in Christ. If it were important at all to Christians it would have been taught explicitly to the church by the apostles and we'd have at least a 67th book of the Bible about the rapture.

7 He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son. 8 But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.” Revelation 21:7-8