attacking another denomination are included in this rule.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God was a mocroscopic sperm cell to mate with Mary's egg to make the son of God and son of man...with us?

Or, God with us from within Jesus' body?

19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, ....
Suggestion: try starting at the beginning.
John 1 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹ In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
² The same was in the beginning with God.
³ All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
⁴ In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
⁵ And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
Colossians 1 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹³ Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
¹⁴ In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
¹⁵ Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
¹⁶ For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
¹⁷ And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
¹⁸ And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.
¹⁹ For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

What did He create? Everything! Everything includes the visible and invisible. The descriptions of dominions or rulers or authorities includes the entire angelic realm. Notice the word “all” is repeated. Now the word all includes everything imaginable. Notice that Christ was before the beginning, that is, before everything, and He continues holding everything together.

But notice that we are told that everything was created by Christ. That means that Christ was not created. He is not a created being; He is God!

The Father Made All Things Through Christ

. . . in these last days has spoken to us in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the world. Hebrews 1:2 (NASB)

In Revelation Jesus said:
“I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.”
— Revelation 1:8 (KJV)

Jesus is the Alpha and Omega...the BEGINNING AND THE END...which is (present), which was (past), and which is to come (future)....the ALMIGHTY

Last edited:

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi Lizbeth,

How refreshing to have someone recognize that the Catholic (and Orthdox) liturgies have their roots in the temple worship in Jerusalem rather than accuse them of being pagan in origin.
The Sacraments have been celebrated from the begining and are found in every community the apostles founded. You will find them in the NT and the writings of the early church fathers.

Indeed the blood and water that flows from Jesus side on the cross, represent the 2 greatest sacraments, Baptism and Eucharist, as the Church is taken from Jesus side, just as Eve was taken from Adam's side while he slept..

Special buildings made for the community to gather and celebrate the Sacred Mysteries, of course do not appear until it was actually legal for the community to publicly gather, but in places like the catacombs in Rome and elsewhere, you will find paintings and icons and symbols where the community did gather in secret...

Consecrated buildings are not required to celebrate the Sacraments, but are a natural outgrowth of offering our best to glorify and worship God.
Consider that Jesus is really present in the Eucharist, is it not fitting to celebrate in buildings built to glorify Him?
So to, liturgical vestments find their roots in the vestments of the temple priests and levites dedicated to the worship and glory of the God whom we serve, and serve a function as do statues, icons, paintings and indeed building layouts to remind us of and bring to mind the events of Jesus' life and of heavenly things.

In every community established by the apostles you will find the whole life of the Church centered on the celebration of the sacraments. That which is believed by all, everwhere (the very definition of catholic) is certainly that which we received from the apostles..

Pax et Bonum

It's just never ending reasonings of man when it comes to catholic doctrine. The carnal mind is ENMITY with God, which is why it constantly perverts the truth.

You might want to check out the roots of first century rabbinic Judaism my friend. Babylon. And it sadly receive it's due penalty in 70 AD. But that spirit sought and found another vessel to carry on with, as spirits tend to do.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL humor....right? Find that one in the scriptures.
3 And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:

4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?

5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus ...

23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

God is the source of Jesus' omnipresent light emmittance.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
3 And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:

4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?

5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus ...

LOL What does this have to do with God's hand?

But as appearing in different forms....I agree.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Suggestion: try starting at the beginning.
John 1 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹ In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
² The same was in the beginning with God.
³ All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
⁴ In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
⁵ And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
Colossians 1 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹³ Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
¹⁴ In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
¹⁵ Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
¹⁶ For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
¹⁷ And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
¹⁸ And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.
¹⁹ For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

What did He create? Everything! Everything includes the visible and invisible. The descriptions of dominions or rulers or authorities includes the entire angelic realm. Notice the word “all” is repeated. Now the word all includes everything imaginable. Notice that Christ was before the beginning, that is, before everything, and He continues holding everything together.

But notice that we are told that everything was created by Christ. That means that Christ was not created. He is not a created being; He is God!

The Father Made All Things Through Christ

. . . in these last days has spoken to us in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the world. Hebrews 1:2 (NASB)

In Revelation Jesus said:
“I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.”
— Revelation 1:8 (KJV)

Jesus is the Alpha and Omega...the BEGINNING AND THE END...which is (present), which was (past), and which is to come (future)....the ALMIGHTY
God did create BY, FOR AND THROUGH JESUS.

Do you think the son made everything without the Father or something like that?

The Father sat by and watched?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The big question is this...is Jesus bodily omnipresent now or not?

Blue Dragonfly's

Jul 15, 2022
not this Christian parody site
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I am merely trying to say that Christendom has abandoned the "God in(inside) Christ" doctrine of the Bible.

It is a travesty.
My experience does not find that to be the case. But everyone lives in a different place so, what is experienced in my space may not be the same as in yours.

I also know what you mean about feeling God's hand.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My experience does not find that to be the case. But everyone lives in a different place so, what is experienced in my space may not be the same as in yours.

I also know what you mean about feeling God's hand.
Do you believe this to be true?...

19 To wit, that God was in(inside) Christ, reconciling the world unto himself(God), ...

Also, God does not have a "hand", but that is simply meaning God does stuff.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My emphasis was to point out that Jesus was there in the
God created all things through His begotten, human son whom was there in the beginning with God.

God transcends time.
Yes as I presented the scriptures to back up what I was saying. I don't understand what you are debating.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God created all things through His begotten, human son whom was there in the beginning with God.
But He was not human until His incarnation. So there is no need to create confusion. The eternal and only begotten Son of God is indeed the Creator, who became our Savior through His incarnation. God was manifest in the flesh (1 Tim 3:16).