Do you think it's "okay" that lots of American young adults in 20s and 30s are living with their parents?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you think it's "okay" that lots of American young adults in 20s and 30s are living with their par

• Yes

• No

• Other / Not sure

Results are only viewable after voting.

LouisWilliams

Mar 3, 2021
Home
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These days, lots and lots of young adults and college graduates in America are living increasingly with their parents, due to the pandemic, inflation, college debt, struggles to find high-paying jobs and careers, among other issues. Do you think it's okay that people are becoming this way? Would any of you guys see it as a problem if your college graduate came back to live with you, for example?

r925r3a35TerwNWnkxhetA-768-80.jpg.webp

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Not ideal, but it is the way things are, for survival. And if the relationship is good, then I can see benefits all around.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Washington establishment has ANNIHILATED our nation's standard of living through decades of extreme corruption. It's definitely going to get worse, particularly for poor and middle-class Americans.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It’s the same in the U.K, rent and the price of property just doesn’t help the young. In fact it doesn’t help anyone endeavouring to become independent.
My son is 30 this year and he has remained at home because of mental health issues- we get on really well and support one another. The home is duel responsibility.
If you think about it other cultures have two or three generations living under one roof.
I think the problem is that it’s not down to cultural norms , and that can create frustrations as many want to be independent and want their own space but simply can’t reach for that financially. Many parents want their lives back , and space, as well ………
Locally they claim they are building affordable housing , but in reality it’s only affordable to the wealthy. We are a university city and they are building loads of student accommodation, which is great when the student are learning. They develop independence but there is little help for them when their courses are finished - I am kind of glad I grew up when this was not a factor.

LouisWilliams

Mar 3, 2021
Home
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s the same in the U.K, rent and the price of property just doesn’t help the young. In fact it doesn’t help anyone endeavouring to become independent.
My son is 30 this year and he has remained at home because of mental health issues- we get on really well and support one another. The home is duel responsibility.
If you think about it other cultures have two or three generations living under one roof.
I think the problem is that it’s not down to cultural norms , and that can create frustrations as many want to be independent and want their own space but simply can’t reach for that financially. Many parents want their lives back , and space, as well ………
Locally they claim they are building affordable housing , but in reality it’s only affordable to the wealthy. We are a university city and they are building loads of student accommodation, which is great when the student are learning. They develop independence but there is little help for them when their courses are finished - I am kind of glad I grew up when this was not a factor.
Is it now the same in Europe? Most young college graduates can't find decent jobs easily, and can't afford a new house??

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Is it now the same in Europe? Most young college graduates can't find decent jobs easily, and can't afford a new house??
Not sure if it is the same to be honest. My brother is coming over to see me ,he lives in Germany. I will ask him xx

• Wow
Reactions: LouisWilliams

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Did you ever ask him, Rita?? :)
Lol, I completely forgot ( I am at that age !!!! ) I said goodbye to him last night , so will have to wait until they get home and ring me at the weekend - better leave a memo message next to the phone !