Last Day

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Divinsoteriology

Jun 30, 2013
Kingman, Az
John 6:39,John 6:40,John 6:44,John 6:54,John 11:24

In each of the passages we see one thing in common, the last day is when the resurrection will occur. These scriptures should shape our theology concerning when the rapture will take place (why) because the rapture, and the resurrection of the dead happen in close relationship to each other.

“For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.” (1 Thessalonians 4:16–17, AV)

Contrary to the clear teaching of the scriptures we see that some teachers still teach that there is a rapture that occurs prior to the tribulation

"Pretribulationism holds that the Rapture of the church occurs before the Tribulation, during which the church, Christ’s bride, will be in heaven, standing before His judgment seat (2 Cor. 5:10) and preparing for His return to earth.25 Pretribulationism holds that Christ’s coming for His saints will be in the air and before the Tribulation; after the Tribulation, Christ will come with His saints and to earth to reign for a thousand years. Charles Ryrie (see WYSKAR), John Walvoord (1910–2002—see RQ and BHT), and Dwight Pentecost (see TTC) expound this view."

Geisler, N. L. (2005). Systematic theology, volume four: church, last things (p. 612). Minneapolis, MN: Bethany House Publishers.

How can the rapture / resurrection take place prior to the tribulation if the resurrection is suppose to take place on the last day. 7 years is a period of days, a rapture before the tribulation is not possible.

Eric E Stahl

May 28, 2013
Pa. USA
The Five Phases of the First Resurrection

(1) Jesus took the Old Testament saints to Heaven at His ascension. Ephesians 4:8 KJV

(2) The Holy Spirit and the church age saints are caught up to heaven before the antichrist Is given power in the Christian nations. 2Thessalonians 2:3-12 KJV,

(3) The mid tribulation catching up will include the two witnesses Revelation 11:3,7-14 KJV, the 144,000 sealed Jews from Revelation chapter 7 who where redeemed from the earth. Revelation 14:1-4 KJV, and the redeemed dead saints from the first half of the Tribulation. See Revelation 15:1-4 KJV

(4) The dead saints from the last half of the tribulation are redeemed from the earth after the tribulation. Revelation 20:4 KJV

(5) The dead saints from the Kingdom age will be judged at the great white throne judgment along with the second resurrection sinners. Revelation 20:11-15 KJV

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The day of the Lord will happen in everyday times, like in the days of Noah, like in the days of Lot. Everyone was going about there business and the destruction came upon them suddenly. So, I believe in a pre-trib rapture. If we are coming back to reign with Christ a thousand years we must first be raptured up to begin with.

Trumpeter

Mar 6, 2013
Alberta, Canada
rockytopva said:
The day of the Lord will happen in everyday times, like in the days of Noah, like in the days of Lot. Everyone was going about there business and the destruction came upon them suddenly. So, I believe in a pre-trib rapture. If we are coming back to reign with Christ a thousand years we must first be raptured up to begin with.
Amen, I couldn't have put it better myself rocky.

Divinsoteriology

Jun 30, 2013
Kingman, Az
Eric E Stahl said:
The Five Phases of the First Resurrection

(1) Jesus took the Old Testament saints to Heaven at His ascension. Ephesians 4:8 KJV

(2) The Holy Spirit and the church age saints are caught up to heaven before the antichrist Is given power in the Christian nations. 2Thessalonians 2:3-12 KJV,

(3) The mid tribulation catching up will include the two witnesses Revelation 11:3,7-14 KJV, the 144,000 sealed Jews from Revelation chapter 7 who where redeemed from the earth. Revelation 14:1-4 KJV, and the redeemed dead saints from the first half of the Tribulation. See Revelation 15:1-4 KJV

(4) The dead saints from the last half of the tribulation are redeemed from the earth after the tribulation. Revelation 20:4 KJV

(5) The dead saints from the Kingdom age will be judged at the great white throne judgment along with the second resurrection sinners. Revelation 20:11-15 KJV
John in context of a future event from the time he was writting spoke about the first resurrection. The first fruits resurrection is already assumed, John is speaking about the future. The first resurrection in the future occurs on the last day.

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
John 11:24-26

24 Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.
25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?
KJV

John 6:39-44
39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.
41 The Jews then murmured at him, because he said, I am the bread[THE WORD OF GOD}which came down from heaven.
42 And they said, Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? how is it then that he saith, I came down from heaven?
43 Jesus therefore answered and said unto them, Murmur not among yourselves.
44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.
KJV

John 6:54-58
54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.
57 As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.
58 This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.
KJV

John 7:2
2 Now the Jews' feast of tabernacles{BODIES CHANGE TO OUR HEAVENLY TABERNACLE/TENT} was at hand.
KJV

John 7:8-10
8 Go ye up unto this feast: I go not up yet unto this feast; for my time is not yet full come.
9 When he had said these words unto them, he abode still in Galilee.
10 But when his brethren were gone up, then went he also up unto the feast, not openly, but as it were in secret.
KJV

John 7:14
14 Now about the midst{MIDDLE/MID TRIB} of the feast Jesus went up into the temple, and taught.
KJV

John 7:37-39
37 In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.
38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
39(But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)
KJV

Rev. 12:5 being fed the Bread of life aka Word of life being raised up in the last day into the image of Christ and caught up to the throne of God as kings and priests who will rule and reign with Christ the head of the man child.

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
Prophecy given in the Old Testament was to the Jews. Jesus came to fulfill all that had been written of him, including him coming in judgment. The Christians that lived during the disciples generation would also be aware of that day. It happened in 70 AD when the temple and Jerusalem were destroyed.

None of prophecy pertains to our generation. When we are born again of water and Spirit, we will never die. We will leave this body and take on our heavenly body to forever be with the Lord.

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Rocky Wiley said:
Prophecy given in the Old Testament was to the Jews. Jesus came to fulfill all that had been written of him, including him coming in judgment. The Christians that lived during the disciples generation would also be aware of that day. It happened in 70 AD when the temple and Jerusalem were destroyed.

None of prophecy pertains to our generation. When we are born again of water and Spirit, we will never die. We will leave this body and take on our heavenly body to forever be with the Lord.
Just to mention ONE:
Was the prophecy of Daniels in the time of man going to and fro(automobiles, airplanes etc.. and knowledge increased(technology) fulfilled by 70 ad?
Dan 12:1-4
12:1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.
2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.
3 And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.
4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.
KJV

And do you not understand that the physical temple made with MAN'S HANDS in Jerusalem had to be torn down to make way for the True temple made up of LIVING STONES so that in no way applies that the end had come. The old testament points TOO Christ and the redemption plan of man. And this could only be done by being filled with the Holy Ghost and His Word aka Christ, being the very Hand of God who the Father creates all things through, by and with because this required a ransom of a perfect human's blood being offered up UNTO THE FATHER AS A HOLY SACRIFICE to redeem us from the Father's Just judgment?
Heb 9:8-16
8 The Holy Ghost this signifying, that the way into the holiest of all was not yet made manifest, while as the first tabernacle was yet standing:
9 Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;
10 Which stood only in meats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.
11 But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building;
12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.
13 For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:
14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.
16 For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
KJV

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
afaithfulone4u said:
Just to mention ONE:
Was the prophecy of Daniels in the time of man going to and fro(automobiles, airplanes etc.. and knowledge increased(technology) fulfilled by 70 ad?

KJV
Hi afaithfulone4u,

Can't find anything pertaining to automobiles and airplanes, but by the time Jesus returned, the knowledge of God had been spread into all the known world, Roman Empire.

Trumpeter

Mar 6, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Rocky Wiley said:
Hi afaithfulone4u,

Can't find anything pertaining to automobiles and airplanes, but by the time Jesus returned, the knowledge of God had been spread into all the known world, Roman Empire.
Greetings Rocky,

This is a prophecy about automobiles fighting in the streets (rush hour with their headlights on?) just before Christ's return. (i.e. now)

Nah 2:3 The shields of his mighty men [are] made red, The valiant men [are] in scarlet. The chariots [come] with flaming torches In the day of his preparation, And the spears are brandished.

Nah 2:4 The chariots rage in the streets, They jostle one another in the broad roads; They seem like torches, They run like lightning.

And aircraft flying around just before The Lord returns.

Isa 60:8 "Who [are] these [who] fly like a cloud, And like doves to their roosts?

God bless.

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
Trumpeter said:
Greetings Rocky,

This is a prophecy about automobiles fighting in the streets (rush hour with their headlights on?) just before Christ's return. (i.e. now)

Nah 2:3 The shields of his mighty men [are] made red, The valiant men [are] in scarlet. The chariots [come] with flaming torches In the day of his preparation, And the spears are brandished.

Nah 2:4 The chariots rage in the streets, They jostle one another in the broad roads; They seem like torches, They run like lightning.

And aircraft flying around just before The Lord returns.

Isa 60:8 "Who [are] these [who] fly like a cloud, And like doves to their roosts?

God bless.
Trump,

Nah 2:3 Speaks of the Roman army with their shields and red uniforms and they used catapults to toss flaming balls.

Nah 2:4 Describes Roman army using chariots.

I recommend the reading of the books of Josephus "The Wars of the Jews"

Trumpeter

Mar 6, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Rocky Wiley said:
Trump,

Nah 2:3 Speaks of the Roman army with their shields and red uniforms and they used catapults to toss flaming balls.

Nah 2:4 Describes Roman army using chariots.

I recommend the reading of the books of Josephus "The Wars of the Jews"
Rocky, are you Preterist?

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
Trumpeter said:
Rocky, are you Preterist?
Trump,

I am a Christian who believes Jesus does not lie.

He told the disciples he would return in their generation.

He told the scribes and Pharisees that judgment would come upon their generation.

He said he had come to fulfill all that had been written about him. (That would be all prophecy in the Old Testament, and includes Daniel's prophecy).

Are these scriptures true, or do we consider an untruth has been told and the bible can not be believed?

iamlamad

Jun 9, 2013
Divinesoteriology said:
John in context of a future event from the time he was writting spoke about the first resurrection. The first fruits resurrection is already assumed, John is speaking about the future. The first resurrection in the future occurs on the last day.
Please define "last day" in all these verses.

lamad

Trumpeter

Mar 6, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Rocky Wiley said:
Trump,

He told the scribes and Pharisees that judgment would come upon their generation.

He said he had come to fulfill all that had been written about him. (That would be all prophecy in the Old Testament, and includes Daniel's prophecy).

Are these scriptures true, or do we consider an untruth has been told and the bible can not be believed?
Rocky,

All scripture is truth but as you know there are many who give differing interpretations and only one is correct.

God bless.

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
Trumpeter said:
Rocky,

All scripture is truth but as you know there are many who give differing interpretations and only one is correct.

God bless.
Trump,
You are right, there are many interpretations that man give to scripture. One will need to check those intepretations out to see if they be true or not. For example:

Jesus is speaking to the scribes and Pharisees:

Mat 23:34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:
Mat 23:35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.
Mat 23:36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.

For proper interpretation we ask:
1. To whom are the comments made?
2. If we know to whom the comment is made, do we know who the ‘you’ is that the scripture is addressing in verse 35 and 36?

If we understand the above, then we know that ‘this generation’ Jesus is addressing is not ours but theirs.

So putting the information together, we can say that upon the scribes and Pharisees that were gathered around Jesus are the ones that judgment would be coming to.

How can someone take that information and make it say that Jesus is coming in judgment in our generation?

Another self explanatory comment from Jesus is:

Mat 13:47 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a net, that was cast into the sea, and gathered of every kind:
Mat 13:48 Which, when it was full, they drew to shore, and sat down, and gathered the good into vessels, but cast the bad away.
Mat 13:49 So shall it be at the end of the age: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just,
Mat 13:50 And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Jesus is speaking to his disciples about judgment day. Notice that the wicked are gathered up and cast into the fire. The good are kept.

Most prophecy teachers say the good are taken and the evil are left behind. Who is right, Jesus or man?

Over and over man will change scripture to fit what they want it to say, and there are many people who just accept it for fact, never checking it out for themselves.

Trump, I ask you not to accept everything you are told. Be a Berean and check it out for yourself.

PeterAV

Jun 11, 2013
I find that all pre-tribbers have to divorce the rapture from the resurrection.
This is how they deceptively get to a pre-trib rapture.
But every time the Rapture is hinted at, it is ALWAYS WITH the resurrection.
1 Thessalonians 4:16-18 for example.
Pre-tribbers have no wiggle room after fibs like this.
Jesus himself stated that he comes immediately AFTER the tribulation. Matthew 24:29
He also stated that we are not entitled to our own opinions.
John 12:48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him:
the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.
PeterAV
Every word of God is pure:

Dan57

Sep 25, 2012
Illinois
Faith
Country
United States
Rocky Wiley said:

"Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done" (Mark13:30 kjv). 'This generation' must be interpreted in the context of the subject, which was the generation that witnessed all the signs that would eventually come to pass. The disciples did not witness the signs in Mark 13:14,24,25. So 'this generation' was used in a future tense and was in reference to a future generation, the phrase did not imply 'your generation'...... That's my take on it anyway.