More Christian tattoo artists a positive development?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is is a positive development for more Christians to train and work as tattoo artists?

• Yes; positive for more Christians - preferably men - to train and work and tattoo artists

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Are you familiar with Woad Warriors from Scotland. The movie "Braveheart" comes to mind.

The blue paint came from pagan times. It was supposed to make someone a better warrior in a type of spiritualism.

What made someone a great warrior? Their blue paint or obedience and working in the will of God?

In a similar way, what does a tattoo really mean, and why does someone need one. Even if someone was going to get John 3:16 tattooed on them, why? Are they looking for attention for it? Does it make them more popular like someone looking to be seen fasting in the streets? I suppose they received their reward? I believe a Christian should be "Plain as John the Baptist."
Thanks for the comment.

Well, it's mainstream now. Years ago some people might have thought that "nice young ladies" maybe didn't get tattoos. But this has changed enormously; today in fact tattoos - faith based tattoos, even - are just exactly what serious Christian college students, homeschooling moms, etc. are very likely to get. This is fact.

FYI:

J.B. said:
I'm 41, and I have 3 tattoos and love them if they're done well and placed well! Most of my friends have at least one and so do many women I know in their 40s.
source: mamapedia dot com

QueenCat said:
Around here (Bible Belt), it is common, especially among evangelical Christians, for the girls under about 40 to have religious tattoos. More do than don't, especially when you get to the under 30 crowd. I hardly know any female at church that is under 30 that does not have a tattoo.
forums dot thewelltrainedmind dot com

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I liked this quote! :)

R.. said:
Neither my husband or I have a tattoo (he was military and has his all planned...then when he had the money could never find time to go get it done...or when he went with friends didn't have the money...so it never happened. ..)

We joke that now we are counter culture and "rebels" because we don't have ink. Because everyone we know has at least one...usually three or four.
mamapedia dot com

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@CharismaticLady PS:

It is indeed a very womanly thing to do, now.

It's mainstream now. Years ago some people might have thought that "nice young ladies" maybe didn't get tattoos. But this has changed enormously; "nice young ladies" can indeed now perfectly consistently get tattooed; today in fact tattoos - faith based tattoos, even - are just exactly what serious Christian college students, homeschooling moms, etc. are very likely to get. This is fact.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Christian Tatto artist is like a promiscuous virgin.
Why? o_O

My wife and I talked to a young lady with the whole of John 3.16 tattooed on her wrist area; it was her favorite Bible verse and mine also; and I'm sure other conversations have arisen as a result of her willingness to have it done.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Why? o_O

My wife and I talked to a young lady with the whole of John 3.16 tattooed on her wrist area; it was her favorite Bible verse and mine also; and I'm sure other conversations have arisen as a result of her willingness to have it done.
Sinning (in this case defacing God's image with graffiti) is negated by a Christian profession?

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I take the point, yes!

And I guess you as a tattooed Christian woman without ink regrets would know about the possibility that some ppl might criticize you for your ink, maybe?

Blessings.

I have, mainly by the older generation. Even on my ears being pierced.

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I have, mainly by the older generation. Even on my ears being pierced.
But I guess you don't actually regret at all either your pierced ears or your tattooing, right?

FYI:

liz said:

1 Samuel 16:7 'But the Lord said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart.'
We need to be careful about self righteousness. Here's my example: Some years ago I attended a church where the women wore no makeup and wore their hair down to their shoulders; they also wore no jewelry. One day the pastor spoke about wearing earrings. I thought, "Could he have noticed my pierced ears and earrings?" .. I felt like I should approach him and say, "I'll take off my earrings if you remove your toupee and gold watch." Of course, I didn't say anything, but just left the church shortly after.

M.B. said:
My youngest son wanted a tattoo, the night of the day he turned 18 he went and got tattoo, one he designed and paid for. Now 3 of4 of my children have tatoos, the oldest daughter was the first, she now has four... My oldest son, her twin brother has a tattoo also that he designed as did the youngest design his own - both are crosses with three circles intertwined depicting the Trinity.
source: mamapedia dot com

Last edited: