More Christian tattoo artists a positive development?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is is a positive development for more Christians to train and work as tattoo artists?

• Yes; positive for more Christians - preferably men - to train and work and tattoo artists

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess it helped their confidence to get inked up, right...?

Both of my girls have always had a feel for how life is working. Taught from a young age by a faithful church group that had a bus ministry in the neighborhood. They led me to the lord father's day 1987. They bugged me until I went to church, and the rest is history they say. So I don't know what possessed them to start the ink, good question I'll have to ask them.

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Both of my girls have always had a feel for how life is working. Taught from a young age by a faithful church group that had a bus ministry in the neighborhood. They led me to the lord father's day 1987. They bugged me until I went to church, and the rest is history they say. So I don't know what possessed them to start the ink, good question I'll have to ask them.
I guess it's a bit like double ear piercing among teens; a phase they go through: maybe at first a bit edgy 40 years ago, but soon became totally mainstream; just how mainstream is seen in this quote, FYI:

QueenCat said:
Around here (Bible Belt), it is common, especially among evangelical Christians, for the girls under about 40 to have religious tattoos. More do than don't, especially when you get to the under 30 crowd. I hardly know any female at church that is under 30 that does not have a tattoo.
forums dot thewelltrainedmind dot com

Last edited:
Reactions: soul man

Sabertooth

Sep 17, 2019
Northern Wisconsin
transcendiary.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Sabertooth FYI....did you see this poll & thread?
In theory, I can't fault the practice Biblically (outside of occult representation), but every place that I have seen has included occultic images in its gallery, even for a Christian tattoo artist that I know. (It seems to be a staple in the business.)

In my own art history, I have drawn things that I thought were clever, only for the Holy Spirit to later reveal that they were from the kingdom of darkness. You can toss paper. You can delete a computer file. But it is tougher to erase skin.

I stopped pursuing theater and commercial art partly because I was concerned about being used in promoting unclean sexual standards, etc. (And human eidonomy is my favorite subject!)
You have a great avatar, BTW...
Thank you.
full

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
In theory, I can't fault the practice Biblically (outside of occult representation), but every place that I have seen has included occultic images in its gallery, even for a Christian tattoo artist that I know. (It seems to be a staple in the business.)

In my own art history, I have drawn things that I thought were clever, only for the Holy Spirit to later reveal that they were from the kingdom of darkness. You can toss paper. You can delete a computer file. But it is tougher to erase skin.

I stopped pursuing theater and commercial art partly because I was concerned about being used in promoting unclean sexual standards, etc. (And human eidonomy is my favorite subject!)

Thank you.
full
My wife and I talked to a young lady with the whole of John 3.16 tattooed on her wrist area; it was her favorite Bible verse and mine also; and I'm sure other conversations have arisen as a result of her willingness to have it done.

Reactions: Sabertooth

Sabertooth

Sep 17, 2019
Northern Wisconsin
transcendiary.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Andy Griffith was said to be a Christian --and I can believe that he was-- but his character in Spy Hard (1996) had to utter G*D*, at least, once.

I can justify vulgarities in certain settings (like in the military), but I could never find a justification for taking God's Name in vain under any circumstances. That would be a conflict for me.

Similarly, I can acknowledge the names of the constellations (even those in the Zodiac), but I will not promote astrology. Astrology is a mainstay for tattoo artists.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
All creation groans.
In many cases people are not happy with their form, I’m an artist and can see beauty in many tattoos.
So I guess the underlying logic for many parents of Christian teens approaching 18 would be instead of dreading their approaching tattoo interest, it can be viewed rather as an opportunity?

(Especially as a specifically faith based design can combine fine aesthetics with witnessing truth?)