More Christian tattoo artists a positive development?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is is a positive development for more Christians to train and work as tattoo artists?

• Yes; positive for more Christians - preferably men - to train and work and tattoo artists

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Didn't realize (or had forgotten) that you have tattoos. So are the designs anti-faith or something?

I've said what they are on one of your tattoo threads, one is the Head Of Christ with the Sacred Heart the other a Grim Reaper.

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I've said what they are on one of your tattoo threads, one is the Head Of Christ with the Sacred Heart the other a Grim Reaper.
Oh yes, I remember now; thanks. (I had just that moment forgotten.)

You must have really liked them once; and what with the likely expense of removing them, probably just worth keeping them, I guess, right?

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh yes, I remember now; thanks. (I had just that moment forgotten.)

You must have really liked them once; and what with the likely expense of removing them, probably just worth keeping them, I guess, right?
Yes that's why I didn't have them removed.

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
M.B. said:
My youngest son wanted a tattoo, the night of the day he turned 18 he went and got tattoo, one he designed and paid for. Now 3 of4 of my children have tatoos, the oldest daughter was the first, she now has four... My oldest son, her twin brother has a tattoo also that he designed as did the youngest design his own - both are crosses with three circles intertwined depicting the Trinity.
source: mamapedia dot com

It's what young men and women do. Not unusual if they are faith based.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I have several tattoos, and while I do not regret getting them I do not know that I would get them were I able to go back in time.
@John Caldwell So do you at least at some level understand the young believer's desire to have the option of expressing himself or herself in a faith related tattoo design in witness? and so maybe by extension for Christian men and women also to participate in the service and skill of giving tattoos also?

Seems anyway that a lot of Christian men and women are tattooed without regrets.

Reactions: John Caldwell

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Quite a number of people engage in tattooing and other forms of body modification as a form of drug addiction.

It's the same as cutting, and other self-harming behaviors. Pain initiates the release of endorphins, the bodies own opiod. Tattooing and body mods trigger this process.

The act of choosing the behavior, and experiencing the result, chemically in the brain, initiates a reward circuit based on supplying opiods to the brain as the flesh is penetrated and cut as the direct result of their choice. Pain becomes pleasure. But more than that.

What I think happens more often is that people discover that the tattooing, and it's aftermath, meet a very different sort of need within themselves.

Someone who may have depressed levels of some brain chemicals, such as endorphins, or dopamine, serotonin, these sorts, may find that this chemical release lets them feel better about their lives, and more in control of themselves.

Endogenous opiods do that. The body uses this class of chemicals not only for pain regulation but also to regulate mood and behavior.

A person cuts during times of disregulation to get control of their runaway mind and emotions. Tattooing and piercing can work the same way. So when you know someone who is going back again and again, it's just like the alcholic.

And the one who encourages the unmarked person to "get inked", are you certain you aren't offering the alcoholic their first drink?

Just some food for thought as we work so hard at promoting this whole tattooing idea.

Much love!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Quite a number of people engage in tattooing and other forms of body modification as a form of drug addiction.

It's the same as cutting, and other self-harming behaviors. Pain initiates the release of endorphins, the bodies own opiod. Tattooing and body mods trigger this process.

The act of choosing the behavior, and experiencing the result, chemically in the brain, initiates a reward circuit based on supplying opiods to the brain as the flesh is penetrated and cut as the direct result of their choice. Pain becomes pleasure. But more than that.

What I think happens more often is that people discover that the tattooing, and it's aftermath, meet a very different sort of need within themselves.

Someone who may have depressed levels of some brain chemicals, such as endorphins, or dopamine, serotonin, these sorts, may find that this chemical release lets them feel better about their lives, and more in control of themselves.

Endogenous opiods do that. The body uses this class of chemicals not only for pain regulation but also to regulate mood and behavior.

A person cuts during times of disregulation to get control of their runaway mind and emotions. Tattooing and piercing can work the same way. So when you know someone who is going back again and again, it's just like the alcholic.

And the one who encourages the unmarked person to "get inked", are you certain you aren't offering the alcoholic their first drink?

Just some food for thought as we work so hard at promoting this whole tattooing idea.

Much love!
Thanks for your comment.

So basically you're saying that those who get tattooed are basically drug addicts?

(18 year olds doing their rite of passage together with ear piercing, homeschooling moms, etc.?)

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So basically you're saying that those who get tattooed are basically drug addicts?
Hi farouk,

If you revisit my comments, perhaps you will see that this is not what I said.

I did not say everyone, or even most.

But many, absolutely. And it could be homeschooling moms, and it could be the kid who see's this as the way to be mature. And it triggers something in their head. Yes. It happens. Not that everyone who self-harms for whatever reason exhibits this pathology. Tattooing is in fact self-harming, for the sake of . . . art? Witness? Or something darker?

As society normalizes this behavior, well, when we ask ourselves if this is a good thing, I suspect you and I come to different conclusions.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just to be clear, I for whatever reason felt like speaking my mind, but I believe this to be a personal matter of conscience.

Curious @ farouk , what is your opinion on other body mods?

Forked tongue, implants, such as knobs or horns, rings under the skin, things like that? Just wondering . . .

Much love!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Just to be clear, I for whatever reason felt like speaking my mind, but I believe this to be a personal matter of conscience.

Curious @ farouk , what is your opinion on other body mods?

Forked tongue, implants, such as knobs or horns, rings under the skin, things like that? Just wondering . . .

Much love!
Apples and oranges, I guess...

(Thanks for your comments.)