Poll: Best age for first tattoo?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Poll: Best age for first tattoo?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
PS: And since it's what so very widely they do now, as the OP quote attests, I can also understand Christian young men and women wishing that more Christians would be willing to work as tattoo artists.

(Not merely so that young Christian men and women can feel good with coming of age inking experiences, but really to enhance the many possibilities of faith based designs effective in conversation-starting witness.)

Reactions: Waiting on him

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I think the reason for having a tattoo might have more to do with it than age. But I'm still thinking about it.
I'm sure this is true; though I guess age is the focus of this poll...

Undeniable among young Christian men and women that it's what is done now, (ref. OP quote).

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Under mosaic law we’d have to stone them to death for tattooing
The Leviticus passage also seems to say about not trimming the corners of one's beard. Do preachers shave? if they do, they are maybe at least backhandedly admitting that they are New Testament believers under grace, for whom the Gospel rather than the law is the rule of life, rather than Old Testament Jews in the land under the law (if this makes sense?)

The many young Christians in North America who receive faith based tattoos with a view to using them as conversation-starting witness tools would in all probability cite a New Testament Gospel testimony perspective on their parlor trips; i.e., the Gospel being the rule of the believer's life rather than the law.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Leviticus passage also seems to say about not trimming the corners of one's beard. Do preachers shave? if they do, they are maybe at least backhandedly admitting that they are New Testament believers under grace, for whom the Gospel rather than the law is the rule of life, rather than Old Testament Jews in the land under the law (if this makes sense?)

The many young Christians in North America who receive faith based tattoos with a view to using them as conversation-starting witness tools would in all probability cite a New Testament Gospel testimony perspective on their parlor trips; i.e., the Gospel being the rule of the believer's life rather than the law.
This is true

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
This is true
Maybe parents of Christian young men and women coming of age, who seem committed to getting faith design inking, instead of fighting against the medium, would be wiser to see them embrace it confidently and give suitable, moderating advice about planning and preparation for the first parlor visit that may lead to many witness conversations?

The OP quote shows just how very widely it's done in areas like the Bible Belt.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
That’s pretty cool
I guess this kind of faith / Scripture tattoo is really a bit like the idea of Joshua 4.6:

"That this may be a sign among you, that when your children ask their fathers in time to come, saying, What mean ye by these stones?"

i.e., intended as a conversation-starter in witness.

(If the analogy makes sense?)

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess this kind of faith / Scripture tattoo is really a bit like the idea of Joshua 4.6:

"That this may be a sign among you, that when your children ask their fathers in time to come, saying, What mean ye by these stones?"

i.e., intended as a conversation-starter in witness.

(If the analogy makes sense?)
I’ll have to study on this a bit but I know there’s something special there

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
For my sons it was more ' yes, I am 18, I can make my own decisions - so let's get a tattoo ' . It's part of our culture
I guess your sons and their peers were really saying, by getting inked then, 'It's good to be man' (and similarly for women, coming of age), right?

Like you say, part of our culture now.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hello @farouk,

My one daughter had a tattoo upon her back, and sought desperately later to have it removed, but without success. Choices made when young, don't look so good when you are older and wiser, when the skin looses it's elasticity, becoming thin and wrinkled.
Was it merely a phase that she went through, then, maybe?

People do need to think carefully about ink before getting any, of course.